Beat This! - May 23-24, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from May 23-24th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on May 23rd at 10am ET, and end around 8pm ET, or until we have 20 contestants (whichever comes first). Voting will be for 1 day, on May 24th, where the results will be posted the same day.

Go here to signup (click the "signup" tab - it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: TIME LIMIT
  • Your beat cannot be longer than 40 SECONDS!
  • I suggest you not have a long intro!
You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Voting

If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned (depending on the mood I'm in).

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favoritism when voting.

Sponsor

This month, the competition will be sponsored by Greg Savage & DIY Music Biz, where the winner will get 1 on 1 consultation from industry insider Greg Savage on music licensing.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer2018052324.png

The next competition will be from May 23-24th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on May 23rd at 10am ET, and end around 8pm ET, or until we have 20 contestants (whichever comes first). Voting will be for 1 day, on May 24th, where the results will be posted the same day.

Go here to signup (click the "signup" tab - it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: TIME LIMIT
  • Your beat cannot be longer than 40 SECONDS!
  • I suggest you not have a long intro!
You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Voting

If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned (depending on the mood I'm in).

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favoritism when voting.

Sponsor

This month, the competition will be sponsored by Greg Savage & DIY Music Biz, where the winner will get 1 on 1 consultation from industry insider Greg Savage on music licensing.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

View attachment 4907
this is gonna be dope!!!!

RStarCRhymeLord

Rock Shadow-Walker is Da CRhyme Boss
What's up everyone, I'm new to the site and look forward to getting to know everyone as well as their music.
I got a question I've done my absolute best at trimming my beat down without wrecking the flow ;but can't really shave the second and a half (1 second and 32 milliseconds to be exact) I'm over the 40 second mark by. Is this acceptable or no?

What's up everyone, I'm new to the site and look forward to getting to know everyone as well as their music.
I got a question I've done my absolute best at trimming my beat down without wrecking the flow ;but can't really shave the second and a half (1 second and 32 milliseconds to be exact) I'm over the 40 second mark by. Is this acceptable or no?
No worries, Fade will trim it down to 40 secs for you.

Silentz

Boom Bap addict
Battle Points: 113

Get you an audio editor. I use Sound Forge. You can just cut it right off.

RStarCRhymeLord

Rock Shadow-Walker is Da CRhyme Boss
Thanks Silentz, good tip! I use Soundforge (and Acid Pro) to do edits and to convert from WAV to MP3. I just meant that I couldn't trim anymore off without ruining the flow of the beat ;but I guess a fade would work.
That's a good call thanks a lot DEEZ and Ercs as well, appreciate the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online