Beat This! - May 6-7, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MastaTrackzNvZ Jeeeeeez.... My butthurt in the last Warzone compared with this one is like a grain of sand compared to the Empire State Building...

Trust me, it's not worth posting things like that here. It's not going to change anything. It's not going to make you winner of this battle. It's not going to turn back time and make everybody vote for your beat. You have to accept it. You know winners and dangerous players by the way they handle defeat. Instead of losing energy on writing next comments you should use it to create more of your music.

You know, in my country we say "the dog that barks the loudest is the least dangerous" and I'm sorry to break it to you but it perfectly applies to you. As @2GooD Productions said above I wouldn't be scared at all of facing you in a battle. You stressed many times that you know what you're doing, you have been making music for a long time etc. I'm sorry but are you referring to the beat "The Calling" that you posted on your profile? If that's the case and if you make beats in that style, I'm sorry to tell you they are just another basic trap beats.

I would also like to refer to your statement that "your beat was a perfect super mario theme battle beat". Well... this is just your opinion. The beauty of theme battles is the fact that each and every one interpretes that theme in a different way and this is superb. We are all different and we all perceive some things differently. I have to say that there was a lot of variety in this battle and basically, everyone presented their interpretation of that sample. That's all about it. And let's take this thing from a different side, so if you post something in the Showcase section of this forum and you get critiscised, are you going to point that that person's opinion is wrong because your beat is perfect? Maybe you should provide us all with an instruction manual on how to rate and review your beats?

Man, it's just a battle for points. Just another ego boost. Calm down and let it go. Peace.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
To MastaTrackzNvZ if you're reading this:

Yes, I just banned you. I don't ban someone unless I deem it necessary and this is why: you don't fit in here. What I mean is, we don't need negativity and that's all you brought. I thought about it and I realized that what if you submitted your beat to Attack of the Beats for me to review? You would whine that I don't know what I'm talking about and that my feedback is trash. What if you tried signing up for our annual Battle That Competition and didn't get accepted? You would whine about that too.

The point is, your attitude doesn't fit in with IllMuzik. We all know each other here and we're far from any kind of clique - we're a group of beatmakers and producers that have known each other for years and just happen to get along.

I've seen it all with newbies. They sign up and think they're the next Producer Blah Blah then get pissed off when no one likes their beats. Two things happen at that point:
  1. That person says this site sucks and never comes back.
  2. They realize their beats aren't amazing and actually welcome the feedback and try to get better.
We're not all amazing beatmakers here at IllMuzik, but we know our stuff. I challenge any beatmaker from anywhere to come here and discuss software, hardware, and everything in between and I guarantee you someone here can debate that other person.

I've been reviewing beats for YEARS. Just with Attack of the Beats alone I've reviewed countless amounts of beats. I've heard some that were not good at all and I still gave positive feedback and told them to post in the forums to get feedback there too. There's guys on here that have been battling for years and never won, or only won a few. Then there's beats I reviewed that were outstanding. I still remember @toryhooks sending in a beat that I gave 5 stars because it was so dope. Some are good, some not, but either way I always treat everyone with respect.

Speaking of feedback, if you really want feedback on your beat, I'll give it to you:

It wasn't good. It was a basic Trap beat with Mario samples on top, that's it. Your snare was too loud and dull. Your low end was too muddy especially towards the end around the 1:15 mark. Overall the mix needed to be exciting.

You have to look at it from our point of view. You just signed up and entered your first battle then whine and insult everyone else because you didn't get your way. It's like we're all supposed to get on our knees and blow you because your beat was simply the best thing to ever bless our ears.

You say you've been doing this for years, guess what? So have lots of us. I've been making beats since 1997. Does that mean I'm a beat God? No. I still have my days when I make a crappy beat, we all have those days. You just happened to actually submit one of your crappy beats to a competition.

IllMuzik is a community of like-minded individuals that make beats. That's it. We all help each other. If you actually took the time to look around the site you would see that with all of the posts over the years.

So again, you were banned because you wouldn't be able to fit in here. If you had of just accepted defeat (in your first ever battle here) then this wouldn't be an issue but instead you shit (shat?) all over the other members, saying their beats are early 2000s trash. Like @2GooD Productions I would love for my beats to be labeled old school.

You can try to signup under a new name but that won't matter because with an ego like yours, it won't take long to figure out the new name.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
Wow...dude just got banned from the best beat hosting website in the history of beat making. He probably don’t even realize it yet.
Oh yeah @skidflow I wanted to mention your beat really stood out. It had a sort of funky/70s vibe to it then I saw the title and realized that's what it was. Good job on flipping it.
Thanks Bro! I just decided to have fun with it! It was plenty of dope flips this go around. Sorry you had to ban old dude but he needs to be humbled a tad. Maybe one day he can apologize and get reinstated? But what do I know?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
See the thing is, these battles started back in 2003 just for fun. I understand over the years they grew into something much bigger but they're still mainly for fun. The bonus is that whether you win or not you can come here and get feedback on your beat which will help you. So the battles are a tool here as well which some people don't understand. In the end it's all about making better beats!

See the thing is, these battles started back in 2003 just for fun. I understand over the years they grew into something much bigger but they're still mainly for fun. The bonus is that whether you win or not you can come here and get feedback on your beat which will help you. So the battles are a tool here as well which some people don't understand. In the end it's all about making better beats!
@Fade , I definitely agree and I can't thank you and illmuzik enough for making my production skills stronger and better

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
And thats a fasho right on! If I don't win battles...at least my beats are getting heard by my peers and thats the bottom line. My peers know that Im worthy to be here whether I win battles or not...and thats love.

SwayeeBoogie

Torch Bearer for Authentic Hip-Hop
@Fade That was well put. I was getting a bit discouraged when i see that that guys comments were sparking a low key boom bap vs trap dialogue. That can be very toxic to a beat community. i have seen it cripple sites. I don't make trap beats and never have and I wasn't upset at the fact that a trap beat won. It was a BEAT that won period. The name of this site is called ILLMUZIK not ILLMUZIK the sound of modern day hip hop or Old school hip hop. We all create what we do and we see what happens and we learn along the way because no matter who you are on here you can always learn more. I don't know anyone personally on here and i have been a member since 2018 but didn't spend alot of time on here due to real life. This virus has me at home so i been here alot lately but in the short time i have been on here there are guys who i have some respect for @2GooD Productions ,@DEEZ BEATZ ,@skidflow ,@THEmfRIDDLAH @Pappas Beats @Fade @Memento Beats and these same guys may not even listen to or like my music but so what? I have actually benn inspired to delve into more instrumentation because of some of those gents. Let's do what we can to keep this thing intact because this actually is a great platform to have. @ArvinArmani congrats on the win. SALUTE ALL!

Last edited:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@DEEZ BEATZ I'm glad you like it here!

@skidflow Well said!

@SwayeeBoogie That's the thing - nobody has time for drama at this point in time. Especially this week I've been spending lots of time working on improving the code which is all the behind the scenes stuff that no one sees, then I come on here and get a crying baby whining about not getting 20 points. Not just the stuff I do, but you guys too that come on here and spend time trying to get better and actually learn stuff, plus just hangout and chill - no one needs this toxic stuff. People like that need to grow up.

I just found out that the rap song " old Town road" only paid $30 bucks for that beat they used and the person who made that beat got no credit for the beat..the person who put the music together got the credit only because he added the top layer ..like strings , keys etc....
Now that was a very dumb move to sell your beat to any major artists or major label for $30 bucks...that's why you have to know everything involved in selling and marketing your music...unless you do what I have been doing for the past 3yrs...is becoming a ghostwriter...i would get a large sum of money for music I created and the deal is that I get no royalties and no credit...i have a family so anything $3,000 and up is cool with me...cause I'm not getting any younger and I really don't want to be with a label..so I chose to be an indie producer...

SwayeeBoogie

Torch Bearer for Authentic Hip-Hop
@DEEZ BEATZ I'm glad you like it here!

@skidflow Well said!

@SwayeeBoogie That's the thing - nobody has time for drama at this point in time. Especially this week I've been spending lots of time working on improving the code which is all the behind the scenes stuff that no one sees, then I come on here and get a crying baby whining about not getting 20 points. Not just the stuff I do, but you guys too that come on here and spend time trying to get better and actually learn stuff, plus just hangout and chill - no one needs this toxic stuff. People like that need to grow up.
Exactly so I commend you for stopping the bleeding lol.

Fucking Gutted i Missed All That On The Last Few Pages
"Me & My Team" :D:D:clown:
Ya Mean 3 Dudes Sitting In A Bedroom Around A PC & A Casio
I realize This has No Relevance Anymore Just Wanted To Be A Part Of It
Lmfao... btw happy birthday muh fucka! last year you had so much progress, if u proceed to have the same amount this year you'll be dr dre :D

Before I forget @JP hardboiled I see u sneakin in here... Been a while, but glad to see ur still around! :up2:

@ArvinArmani Congrats on ur first Beat This! victory!! Ur beat was on point, but seriously tho, lose that kendrick sample... felt out of place to me and imo the beat really didnt need it :confusedphones:
Holy shit that hardboiled guy is double OG :D Respect.

it was fun tho wasn't it :D thanks anyways. honored to see the criticism and kind words from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.