Beat This! - May 6-7, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
You CAN compare but it will NEVER be objective, since the point of view on any matter is relative. There will still be people saying lil uzi is better than Beethoven.
ok here's my point of view.
Polls are cool
people like polls
We can die any moment
let's not spend the last moment arguing over polls :D
A poll is a good thing
We can see the popular opinion through a Poll
My last 2 brain cells will get cancerous and multiply if I think about how objective and subjective music is.
I thought about that for hours already.
Almost banned from somewhere for arguing over "Music is objective, if it wasn't we couldn't see how shitty lil pump is"
plot twist the guy was a lil pump fan.
u know what could save me at that moment?
a poll.

hey people paid money for Lil Waynes music, you have a point.
I love lil wayne man, he's such a microbe but he looks like my teddy bear from when I was 4 or something :D , and I feel like he had childhood problems so I feel bad and relate to him on default

Go with it, i didnt say anything against. I just think that because the majority of people has the same opinion it doesnt automatically make other opinions wrong, or the popular one right. But if you would like to start a poll, go with it! :D
You know, we're all musicians so if a poll says 80% of people like wu tang more, then the mobb deep guy will say "Hey, my subjective point of view leads me to like mobb deep", and the wu tang guy will say "Get rekt bitch wu tang rulez". of course the wu tang guy was off-point but you get my point anyways.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@ArvinArmani You have to understand that Protect Ya Neck is pretty much an anthem for Rap music, period. When that dropped, everyone's jaws dropped as well. These guys brought something no one had ever heard before. Sure, there's other songs through the 90s that were dope as hell too but this one? What it is and what it represents is on another level.

@ArvinArmani You have to understand that Protect Ya Neck is pretty much an anthem for Rap music, period. When that dropped, everyone's jaws dropped as well. These guys brought something no one had ever heard before. Sure, there's other songs through the 90s that were dope as hell too but this one? What it is and what it represents is on another level.

Ohhhh so it's a time thing. I get it. though N.W.A was before wu-tang? weren't they more revolutionary? Also do you like the poll Idea @Fade ? btw i'm reading your story on how you started making beats, i'm on the part where u made the sandwich and holy shit it's wild :D

mystery of chessboxing and C.R.E.A.M, fucking anthems of an era

hes the tombstone on hip hops grave
I'm gonna be honest with you. I just looked up the best songs of him that I know to show u he has talent and just through reading the "It's weezy motherfucka blood gang and I'm in bleed mode" I got semi-goosebumps. I get them everytime I listen to No love with Eminem. tbh a lot of times I find his lyrics smart and I LOVE his characteristics. I mean this has been on my desktop for like a month :D
Wayne - Copy.jpg

He just looks so fckin innocent, it's cute :D

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
@ArvinArmani Don't get me wong, I like a poll... But I don't need a poll to know wether Protect ya neck is dope or not.

Is this kind of music popular today ?
Again... No need for a poll... Which is sad.

Also, taste in music evolve over the years and, often expand. I have no doubt you now like things you didn't like before... And you will love the Wu-tang someday.

@ArvinArmani Don't get me wong, I like a poll... But I don't need a poll to know wether Protect ya neck is dope or not.

Is this kind of music popular today ?
Again... No need for a poll... Which is sad.

Also, taste in music evolve over the years and, often expand. I have no doubt you now like things you didn't like before... And you will love the Wu-tang someday.
Definitely, an appreciation of greatness develops with time, as your open mindedness to music matures and evolves. Arvin is just a kid, what does he know eh? lmao

for example, he posted a lil wayne video and then literally put no homo afterwards. When you even have to write no homo, thats homo.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I know that every generation says the new generation sucks but today's generation really does suck. Hard. I mean, like @2GooD Productions you mentioned about pink hair and tight jeans - I seriously don't know how anyone can rock that shit. I know in the 80s and 90s the styles were crazy then too but at least we didn't have "rappers" with tattoos on their actual face. The music is trash and I just can't listen to it. When I look for new stuff, that's what I do - look for it. None of the good stuff is mainstream today at all. I don't care how many YouTube views it has, that means nothing.

ThE_SiRe_BeAtS

If you got patience....you got everything....
fcking mumble jumble rap these days....even i rap better with my broken ass English...:confused: and there is actual proof of it! Haha 12years ago i competed on soundclick.com i became 4th of maybe 2000 songs haha and recorded it with a 10 euro pc mic i swear haha that track was horible in sound quality but the jury said that my lyrics where so damn good for a not English speaking dude haha true story or they just had a bunch of retards as a jury haha...

@ArvinArmani It's not just a time period thing man, it's a classic song that is dope. Maybe you don't like it but a whole generation loved it. If you read about how WuTang formed and how that song came to be, it's incredible what they managed to do.
MOP also brought a new flav. Its cooool, as ice. you know what it is, it s col as icE, you know what it is!!!!! loved that song

ThE_SiRe_BeAtS

If you got patience....you got everything....
Yes the sound quality is shit. Flow-wise we've heard much worse. Anyway, it's much better than my 12 years old attempts at rapping.

Bro it was 12 years ago :p i was like 19 or something haha i've realized after the song...Boris(my name) stoooop doing that shitttt and stick with producing i have never rapped since.... now i'm here batteling all the amazing producers in here soooi much more fun!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online