Beat This! - November 4-5, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from November 4-5th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on November 4th at 12pm ET (New York time), and end around 8pm ET, or until we have enough contestants (whichever comes first - depending on the theme). Voting will be for one day, on November 5th, where the results will be posted the same day.

Check out the Beat This! ranks: https://www.illmuzik.com/beat-battles/?cat=bthis

*Note: check out https://time.is/ to find out the correct time difference for your timezone.

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: NONE
Time Limit: 2 minutes
Vocal Track Allowed?: NO

===========
*NOTE: From now on there's a criteria called "vocal track allowed?". It will be yes or no. If it's "yes", this means you can have a full vocal track with your beat (acapella, for example). You can still have occasional vocal snippets (but don't rely on them too much).
===========

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Voting

If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned.

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favouritism when voting.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer2020110405.jpg

Last edited:

Supermanic

Battle Points: 36
What are the prizes and how many people usually enter? I’m new here and will be entering when I get off of work in few hours ...it said no theme so I’m bringing some of what I do...would have been tight for Halloween but missed out

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 543
What are the prizes and how many people usually enter? I’m new here and will be entering when I get off of work in few hours ...it said no theme so I’m bringing some of what I do...would have been tight for Halloween but missed out

Bragging rights, 'points' and some cool ass little badge beside your name in the forum.

There are truly good beats this time around. Someone forgot to quantize one of them. We also got some dubstep-ish stuff going on but nonetheless good beats. One of these beats would sound good if the quality of the instruments were better. Invest in some sound kits maybe? Anyway good luck to who entered.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Some real cool beats in there.

I already think I know which beat has won it. was gonna be my vote until another one really caught my attention.

There's a substantial portion of beats in this that are really cool ideas and feel/vibe to them that could do really well if their mixes were improved. (ironic, huh? -to those who know). Not saying they need to be mixed perfect**, but just not be like essentially ruined. I wonder if some of you are actually 'destroying' your beats by mixing them!?! This used to be a problem i faced i believe. If it happens to be the case, maybe try a 'less is more' approach to mixing.

**for example, if someones mix is a little dark, or bright, or maybe something a little off, that's fine. But some just sounds like you've ran every channel through a pillow/cushion or such. Or some over aggressive on everythinnng.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Some real cool beats in there.

I already think I know which beat has won it. was gonna be my vote until another one really caught my attention.

There's a substantial portion of beats in this that are really cool ideas and feel/vibe to them that could do really well if their mixes were improved. (ironic, huh? -to those who know). Not saying they need to be mixed perfect**, but just not be like essentially ruined. I wonder if some of you are actually 'destroying' your beats by mixing them!?! This used to be a problem i faced i believe. If it happens to be the case, maybe try a 'less is more' approach to mixing.

**for example, if someones mix is a little dark, or bright, or maybe something a little off, that's fine. But some just sounds like you've ran every channel through a pillow/cushion or such. Or some over aggressive on everythinnng.
@2GooD Productions I think we're seeing pigs fly right now. What do you think?

by-george-i-think-hes-got-it.jpg

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
That's always been my stance btw, I'm just not voting for something that's got a 'perfect' mix when the beat is whack. Similarly I'm not gonna not vote for something because 1 hi-hat was .5dB too loud!

Just some of these mixed sound like you'd have to consciously/actively make them that bad.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
That's always been my stance btw, I'm just not voting for something that's got a 'perfect' mix when the beat is whack. Similarly I'm not gonna not vote for something because 1 hi-hat was .5dB too loud!

Just some of these mixed sound like you'd have to consciously/actively make them that bad.
Sure buddy, sure. :hahaha:

Status
Not open for further replies.