Beat This! - September 11-12, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from September 11-12th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on September 11th at 1pm ET, and end around 8pm ET, or until we have enough contestants (whichever comes first - depending on the theme). Voting will be for 1 day, on September 12th, where the results will be posted the same day.

Go here to signup (click the "signup" tab - it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: NONE
Time Limit: 2 MINUTES

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Voting

If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned.

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favoritism when voting.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer2019091112.png

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
So a little of topic i guess, but i busted my headphones. Am mixing with regular standard crappy phone headset for this one. Let's see how that goes :confusedphones::help:
At least now i get to go buy new ones. Anyone of you using Beyerdynamic DT-770 and are they as good as people say ???

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
So a little of topic i guess, but i busted my headphones. Am mixing with regular standard crappy phone headset for this one. Let's see how that goes :confusedphones::help:
At least now i get to go buy new ones. Anyone of you using Beyerdynamic DT-770 and are they as good as people say ???
I don't know about those headphones but the Sony MDR7506's have been mine since 98!

Welcome to my world, cant afford new ones till at least next pay day, but probably the one after, after two of my harddrives failed last week during the heat. I wouldnt even try mixing in anything less than decent studio headphones, too many frequency holes.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
What would you do if they broke?
Buy the same pair again or invest in a newer model?
I bought them in 98 and they lasted me until last year! They were beat up but still worked. I just bought a new pair last year and they're good. The only issue I've had is that the material on the ears flakes off after a while.

But you don't have to get those. Anything "over the ear" from those top brands should be fine. Sennheiser is good too.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
I bought them in 98 and they lasted me until last year! They were beat up but still worked. I just bought a new pair last year and they're good. The only issue I've had is that the material on the ears flakes off after a while.

But you don't have to get those. Anything "over the ear" from those top brands should be fine. Sennheiser is good too.
That makes sense. Sennheiser was also one of the brands i was considering along with AKG and Beyerdynamics. Just heard Beyerdynamics should be the best of the best when it comes to mixing and sound quality, and they're not to expensive from what I've seen online.

Welcome to my world, cant afford new ones till at least next pay day, but probably the one after, after two of my harddrives failed last week during the heat. I wouldnt even try mixing in anything less than decent studio headphones, too many frequency holes.
Yeah i know the feeling. No money no funny... Sucks with the harddrives. Did you lose the contend???

That makes sense. Sennheiser was also one of the brands i was considering along with AKG and Beyerdynamics. Just heard Beyerdynamics should be the best of the best when it comes to mixing and sound quality, and they're not to expensive from what I've seen online.

Yeah i know the feeling. No money no funny... Sucks with the harddrives. Did you lose the contend???
Dont think I lost anything important, just lots of old sample packs that I never used anyway, I put everything important on the backup to the backup.After dropping it numerous times and it playing up for years I had it backed up ages ago. Now I just need another backup asap That puts the headphones back on the wish list for a month

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Dont think I lost anything important, just lots of old sample packs that I never used anyway, I put everything important on the backup to the backup.After dropping it numerous times and it playing up for years I had it backed up ages ago. Now I just need another backup asap That puts the headphones back on the wish list for a month
Lucky it wasn't anything super important...
Sure thing... backup comes first!

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Why not invest in some monitor speakers. Headphones are great but a real mix comes from speakers. U can get a cheap pair from guitar center for like $150
Yeah for sure and I wish I could but the noise will wake up my daughter and I can't have that after spending an hour getting her to fall asleep. Headphones is my only option I'm afraid, and that's why I need to get the best ones I can afford...

Status
Not open for further replies.