Beat This! - September 12-13, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from September 12-13! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on September 12th at 10am ET, and end around 8pm ET, or until we have enough contestants (whichever comes first - depending on the theme). Voting will be for 1 day, on September 13th, where the results will be posted the same day.

Go here to signup (click the "signup" tab - it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: SAMPLE FLIP

Time Limit: 2 minutes

• You must make a beat by sampling Muddy Waters "Mississippi Delta Blues".
  • This is the track.
  • You can flip it however you want, but we MUST be able to tell it's from that song (don't process it too much).
  • If you need a Youtube to MP3 converter, try this one or this one. BE CAREFUL OF POPUPS!
You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Voting

If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned.

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favoritism when voting.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer2018091213.png

C4NTK33P5T1LL

I O U a clever tagline signed me
Battle Points: 200
I'm Well Tempted But Mans Skills Must Be Sharpened First , Man Always Liked That Muddy Waters Bit Off Family Guy When He's Taking A Piss With A Raging STD " Den Dun Du Dun ARGHHHHHHHHH!! " Funny Shit Mate
Defo Gonna Stick My Head In To Vote Though ,Be Interesting To See What Gets Created .Muddy Waters Is One Of Them Whether Ya Know His Music Or Not I'd Bet All My Stone Roses Albums That You Would Recognise A Track By Him

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
question, does it have to be this exact sample from that specific youtube video? like can I use a different sample/video as long as its Mississippi delta blues ?
As long as it's that song from Muddy Waters. I guess you mean Mississippi Delta Blues by someone else? I would say no.

A.R. DASUPASTAR

A.R. DASUPASTAR
Battle Points: 104
This is going to be exciting! I love the themes Fade picks. The challenges of not only sticking to the theme, but battling all of you familiar names has sonically made me better since I first joined ill 3 years ago!!! I love this community because speaking to each other on the regular makes us FAMILY!!! Good Luck Cadets!!! See ya'll 2morrow!!!

.calm

Damm…. Idk if i'm going to make it. I'm still reinstalling windows..then I have to find the samples/install my daw...:help:..

I have a dying computer..:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online