da band..to hot for tv album

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Yea seriosly TKNK, they were bitchin about walkin to get cheese cake. If Puffy offored me a record contract at Bad Boy, id walk my ass to Brooklyn in a second.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Tha whole thing was a gay reality show clearly out to make money...thats a given when its on mtv and puff dork iz tha main guy putin everyone on his label like they big stars and everybody jus gets their brake like that.LOL. Whatever tha whole thing was a fuckin soap opera...I think i saw about 2 or 3 shows and every one was pretty freakin homo tha entire time. If anyone actually copped that cd for real theyre def. a sucka...I figure if that crew was actually a 'real crew' that had skills and didnt jus get picked cuz tha producers of tha show knew they would beef over any stupid little thing and act like little girls - and instead; jus been real developed artists with some shit instead then we wouldnt even be talkin about it right now...

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
AND THE EXECUSIVE FROM FREAKWNCY....... DA.BA.ND!!!!!!!!!!!!! DIS..... PM ME IF YOU WANT IT......!!!!

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
fuck them, its pure entertainment.....god, i saw the video yesterday, and 3 of them dont do shit....they got that ugly girl walking around in stiletto's like she dont have a husband and 3 kids....this shit saddens me.

H

Hypnotik

u could buy a meal at wendys with that 5 dollers..

shit... lol..

pz

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I gave the album a listen and those pics was funny as hell I'm not sure about these cats but I don't believe they will last too long in the industry at least as a group, unless you've been in the game for years that gangsta shit is too old to me.

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Yo FREAKWNCY im def in for that Da Band dis hahahaha

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
AND IN THE LATEST "THESE FOOLS COULDNT WAIT" NEWS NESS HAS STARTED HIS OWN LABEL....AND WHOS THE FIRST PERSON HE SIGNS, HIS CREW FROM WAY BACK.....WHO ELSE SAW THIS COMING???

Knock Out

Rap's Genious
ill o.g.
LoL

Alls that I can keep thinking is, what was P.Diddy doing??? With names like Biggie, Mase, and Shyne under his belt, he goes and pulls a publicity stunt like this? I can't believe he put this garbage out, AND wasted some ill beats in the process. Fuck Bad Boy. Signed: ME, just another person hatin' on wealthy non-talented artists.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah really, how could Puff do something like this? With all the stuff that came out of Bad Boy years ago, now this? Doesn't seem right at all.

Attachments

• group.jpg
    group.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 184

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
Fade, why did have to cover Sarahs face, she the best about the group, and that's sad also....the sick part is, no one has any original names, they have names like the REAL WORLD cast or something...come on... how can you have 2 choppers in the rap busz.....Babs is a RaDigga knock off...

highlite80

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
babs=rah digga/lil kim

chopper=lil wayne

ness=busta rhymes

fredrick=mystical/ja rule

the jamican guy=just plain bad

the other broad=hu hu hu hahoodrat

and when i say = i mean sounds like an immitation

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
hell yeah and dont get it twisted yall im the original CiTY, this nigga chopper done changed his name...there might be a problem

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Dear People:

From what I've heard from friends, Puffy received as much as he would have made off 1 multiplatinum album in sales and markup, for doing the show with MTV. MTV was generous in their contract. It was good for his bottom line.

Also, the show arose when Puffy was also reassessing his distribution deal options. I believe he went with SONY as the major distributor rather than Arista. I remembered SONY needed to strengthen its Urban Music roster, and Bad Boy was going to fit in well. A contract for the show may have given him more leverage in the negotiations. All 2-in labels were suffering 1-2 years ago. He had problems releasing a multiplatinum artist as of late, and this seemed like the best springboard to capitalise. I've heard "Da Band" and don't think they have what it takes to go multiplatinum, but Puffy works with some of the best independent record promoters out there, so I wouldn't count him out.

If he makes another "Da Band," soon, he will get more money from MTV, because the first show was a hit, and might get another "Band" out that, which will at least go platinum.

For Puffy it was a no lose situation. MTV paid him for what was an advertisement (the show) for him and bad boy records. He also got exposure for a band which, through such exposure, I think, will at least go platinum (if they have 2-3 good singles on it.)

The first single is more of an introductory track, it's not made in Puffy's usual production style.

For the people that can't believe the antics of the members of "Da Band," I do. Rappers are some of the hardest people to work with because of their bad attitudes (especially if they're signed) and arrogance. They believe everything should be handed to them on a silver platter for who they are, and they will argue with you on every detail even though they are very wrong.

Sincerely,
God

C

Copenhagen

I haven't seen the show, we don't get it here. Anyway, thinking about the shows we have had, don't underestimate the buying power of young teenagers, who may buy the album just cause the artists are "cool" and "funny" etc...even though the music might not be all that good.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
THIS JUST IN FROM THE "BREAKING IN THE BAND" NEWS:
The hoodFellaz (bad boy labelmates of da band) are apparently mad that they have been continued to be shelved because of this ongoing da Band frenzy, and there is an official Da band dis (which is actually kinda tuff, and funny as hell). well people the Dis records have begun, Ness has his own label and babs is pregnant with freds kid......ok the last one was false, but does anybody else see a hip hop trend here, they are slowly becoming bonafide rap artist.......how do u split a million dollars six ways???

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The best was when Wyclef came in to produce a song for them and that Dylan guy got in the booth was all over the place lyrically. He was way louder than everyone else and had to be taught how to control his voice. Anyway, just a thought (it was funny).

D

Dj Dezerk

yo i watched the sho from begining to the end yall stop hating.didn t none of yall audition for shit and trying to hate they deserve it .i m glad for them they all remind me of myself and people i know.we want it and i know you to probaly want it as well.so stop hatinbeing funny nobodys perferct in gods eyes.and yes their cd is flame.holla