Do you mix your beats?

P.A.U.L_E

Strickly Rich Ent.
Battle Points: 6
What's up yall,

Just a simple question, I want to make more beats but I feel like I spend more time mixing them; some times too long. Do you guy mix your beat? How long do you spend on it?

P.A.U.L_E

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I wrote this a while ago because mixing is super important. But it also depends on what you're trying to do. If you just want to post your beats here or even if you just want to make a beat for only you to hear then mixing is not a big deal. If you're looking to have your beats heard by others or especially if you're trying to sell beats, then yes, mixing is a must.

What I usually do is just make beats, then every so often when I feel like doing something with those beats (like I just mentioned) then I'll just spend time mixing.

For my last project, I spent a few days just working on my mixes because I was at that stage then, but it really pays off.

P.A.U.L_E

Strickly Rich Ent.
What's up Fade,

I appreciate your response, I always mixed my beats just wasn't sure sure if it was necessary because I heard some people change the mix of the beat when a rapper buys it. Since your cool to read my post, I'm having a hard time putting a price on beats, especially when people ask for them thinkin it's free.

I appreciate what you do on putting this website together, have a good one.

P.A.U.L_E

I wrote this a while ago because mixing is super important. But it also depends on what you're trying to do. If you just want to post your beats here or even if you just want to make a beat for only you to hear then mixing is not a big deal. If you're looking to have your beats heard by others or especially if you're trying to sell beats, then yes, mixing is a must.

What I usually do is just make beats, then every so often when I feel like doing something with those beats (like I just mentioned) then I'll just spend time mixing.

For my last project, I spent a few days just working on my mixes because I was at that stage then, but it really pays off.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@P.A.U.L_E Pricing is tricky. It depends on what it's for, but the standard situation is you're trying to sell it for either non-exclusive or exclusive. Some might charge $5 for non-exclusive because they figure if 100 people buy it that's $500. But the odds of selling that many are slim (depending on your style).

I always just price whatever I think is appropriate. It could be $50 for non-exclusive and $500 for exclusive. Whatever you think you're worth, but also use common sense (don't charge $100,000 for a beat!). LOL.

P.A.U.L_E

Strickly Rich Ent.
LMao of course, thanks alot fade. Stay up bro.

@P.A.U.L_E Pricing is tricky. It depends on what it's for, but the standard situation is you're trying to sell it for either non-exclusive or exclusive. Some might charge $5 for non-exclusive because they figure if 100 people buy it that's $500. But the odds of selling that many are slim (depending on your style).

I always just price whatever I think is appropriate. It could be $50 for non-exclusive and $500 for exclusive. Whatever you think you're worth, but also use common sense (don't charge $100,000 for a beat!). LOL.