Eminem' Production

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
to be taken serious as a producer EM gave JAY and Nas beats for free, and they all sound the same, I've only recently become familiar with EM'S beats and I can listen to a song and tell he did it, He sucks the big one

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ok, it looks like I'm going against the grain a bit here when I say Eminem's beats are dope to me. I agree he's got a few beats that are wack but overall his production is dope in my opinion.

The album's that Em produced a significant amout of were all ill. peep;
1. D12 - Devil's Night (9 beats)
2. Eminem - The Eminem Show (12 beats)
3. Obie Trice - Cheers (9 beats)
4. 8 Mile Soundtrack (7 beats)
5. 50 Cent - Get Rich Or Die Trying (2 beats, 3 additional productions)
6. Eminem - The Slim Shady LP (3 beats, 7 co-productions)
7. Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP (7 beats)

Anyone sleeping or hating on Eminem's productions peep the work he put in on the above albums or check some of these tracks he laced which come to my mind as being nice;
50 Cent - Patiently Waiting
Eminem - Till I Collapse
Jay-Z - Renegade
Xzibit - Don't Approach Me
Eminem - Drips
Obie Trice - Never Forget Ya
50 Cent - Don't Push Me
Eminem - Soldier
Obie Trice - Don't Come Down

If y'all don't like Eminem's production style or sound, I respect your opinions. This is just my opinion.

holla!
:D

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
"if Dre had chosen to push Bubba Sparks into the market for his company, then we'd all be discussing about him instead of Eminem." Sorry Formant, but there's no fuckin way. Em is so much iller than bubba it's not even funny. It's a known fact that dre didn't even know eminem was white before he wanted to sign him. You can't bring that industry bull-shit into the eminem arguement because he was killin fools in freestyle battles way before he was famous. He is ill. His rhymes and rhyme style are the greatest of all time, it has nothing to do with the industry. However, it is obvious that he sells more cause he's white, and it is annoying how people (white or black it makes no fuckin difference) in the suburbs listen to rap now because of eminem, especially when they try to act like they've been listening by downloading oldschool shit and then talkin about it all the time. Eminem is a dope ass MC, bottomline. And formant, you're from the Netherlands, blood, what do you know about shit that goes on in the US with the racial history of this country to compare eminem to Bubba Sparks just cause they're both white. I'm sorry to call you out like this, but that just pissed me the fuck off, bein a white boy who grew up in Oakland and facin' racism and shit all the time (although a lot of black folks in the town still show much love) and then hearin' people say eminem can't rap cause he's white(not you formant, some other cats). Why the fuck not? And i've never been to the netherlands, but i'm pretty sure there aren't many black people there. Em is a very good producer, and i am glad N.U.G. was able to give him love, but he's a way better rapper than producer. "i wouldnt say that. i think we get carried away sometimes- we forget that this guy has put in serious work to get where he is, and whether his success is a result of marketing or not, the masses still choose to support him when they dont support other artists. just something to ponder......." What do you know truth, finally something we can agree on.

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah, as far as the stuff Formant said about Eminem being a manufactured product and that he's only popular because he is white etc. that is straight up bullshit yo.

Formant, you can have your own opinion and all, but can you not see that Eminem is on of the most talented rappers ever? Plus he's realer than most MCs that are popular these days as far as actually living the hip-hop life and coming up battling other MCs etc.

As far as I see it, Eminem is an incredible MC and is making some of the best music in the world at the moment, and has been doing so for 4-5 years now.

fallback haters

Cwik

ill o.g.
I think most of you will agree with me if I say that Em's beats just don't have enough soul. A beat...no matter if it's a sampled or a synth/keyboard production just needs a bit of a groove, that splash of funk! His beats just don't roll! And now after reading all this info on his actual possibilities in his studio....I'm even more dissapointed. He really should stick with spitting....that's where his real talent is.

mArkoFdAbEaTz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
that renegade beat that he supposedly gave jay was from a song he did with royce da 5'9 a minute ago way before the blueprint. there was also an article about a guy in detroit who really produced it but em jerked his ass like most big people in the biz do. he can rap his ass off but i aint so sure about production. didnt dialated diss em in a song sayin he cant even program his own drums???

Decibal

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Em is the shit! Why all the haters? Em is "one of the" best emcee's ive ever heard. His lyrics are fuckin tight as hell. Em's style is "Eminems" style. Nobody can spit the way eminem spits. I wish everyone would stop hatin on him just because hes white and look past that. Em will be a legend someday.

As for his production, I think it is also very tight. Look who he's been around to get tips and all that shit from...

Peace

dB

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i hate to bring race into it, but f it, the main reason why I don't like Em is that he's white and stealing elements of young black men's culture for his own personal gain, this month's issue of the source tells it all. He needs to publicly apologize for that B.S. he said about blacks and be a man about shyt, furthermore black people don't go for dissing there family and his girl and shyt, get your girl and mom help instead of rapping about it, Eminem is a clown to me

T

The Bastard

i agree wit that except for the thing about stealing culture, i mean jus cuz sum1 of a diffrent race is practicing an art that was created by another culture doesnt mean hes stealing it,my boy bruce lee taught people of all cultures kung fu cuz great things should be shared with everyone,no ,but i do agree eminem is a clown with no respect to the culture and the quality of his production is O.K. ive heard a lot better from people on this site and i doubt eminem gets as in depth with the production with the people on this site,but besides that this dood needs to get sum new drum kits or sumthin cuz they the beat he did for jayz on the black album sounds like the one he did for nas on gods son

JP hardboiled

Find Your Fight
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 297
It would seem everybody is hating on Em cause he is not really producing the tracks he takes credit for...look on the back of the cd literature and you'll see the studio musicians who composed the and played the track...Em doesn't know how to sample or play instruments..it's like a fake MC who gets a ghostwriter to write for them and claims credit...no frontin on his MCin skills, but he really isn't a "producer" in the sense that he needs to pay musicians to play for him...

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Originally posted by hardboiled
It would seem everybody is hating on Em cause he is not really producing the tracks he takes credit for...look on the back of the cd literature and you'll see the studio musicians who composed the and played the track...Em doesn't know how to sample or play instruments..it's like a fake MC who gets a ghostwriter to write for them and claims credit...no frontin on his MCin skills, but he really isn't a "producer" in the sense that he needs to pay musicians to play for him...

Eminem is a "producer". He has musicians playing keys and bass etc. but he constructs it and directs to make the final product. He's a different type of "producer" than DJ Premier, RJD2 etc. who do everything themselves. In the future I'd like to get professional musicians to come in and play keyboards, bass, shiit maybe even some live drums etc. too. I'd still be directing/producing that goes on and would be the "producer" of the finished product the same way that Eminem does it. Hiring professional musicians to complement peeps productions isn't anything new.

luxx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
em is weak [.] with all the stuff he has at his diposal he makes mediocre beats that all sound slightly the same. I havn't heard anything creative out of him yet.[as far as beats go]

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
What about Runnin' wit Pac and Big, you didn't think that was creative? What are some you find creative? Serious question.

mrjermaine

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
N.U.G., you're absolutely right. I guess if we all go with the presumption that a true producer plays all the instruments on a track, I guess Quincy Jones, maybe one of the greatest in the game, is not a true producer and he didn't play not one note on "Off the Wall" and "Thriller" by Michael Jackson. As a matter of fact, all the stuff he has produced in the 70's, 80's, and 90's he didn't play the instruments.

K

Kramit

Hold up a sec, em produced runnin'? No way, I never heard of that!Runnin had to be produced by a real talent, I love that joint!

Frictionbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 51
Eminems Beats sound the same...Same Snare, Same Dramatic strings, same kits. I wonder how much he charges for a beat....I could get one like that for a $100 bucks, But when you got a name you can charge thousands of dollars....thats crazy to me! His best beat had to be that loop on the 8 mile DVD menu....which sounds like the loop 50 uses on P.I.M.P.

Oh well Hes makin that QUESO!!!

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I remember having a cassette of RUNNING a while back like ''95 or 96, the song isn't new folks, EM just remixed it, I still like the original version, why is Eminem getting all this attention on this site like he's the fu-king greatest rapper ever, I'm not racist I brought all of 3rd bass's and the beastie boys albums, I even think the guy white guy from 36 Mafia is alright, I hate Eminem though hated him from day one, like Benzino said about Marky Mark he had been out for years making music with Almighty RSO, Made Men, etc. then this guy comes out sells more records than him now he's the greatest, Em came out he's considered the greatest from Detroit, but what about those guys EM got his style from, I've heard Esham, hell even Rass Kass has a better flow than EM, record sales don't mean you're good or lack of record sales don't mean you're wack! I hate EM's beats rhymes and his personality period!You wanna talk about tight beat makers, let's talk NOTTZ RAW, BINK, DEVASTATOR, NEPTUNES, TIMBO, and all those other VA beatmakers, we trying to make VA number 1!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online