Eminem' Production

• beat this! voting starts in...
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Holla

i dont "hate" eminem and im not on his jock. The thread was opened to discuss his PRODUCTION, and thats what everyone is doin. pretty much everyone said he's hot lyrically, but some people disagree that his beats are all that hot. doesnt matter who the thread is about as long as its a producer, you gonna get feedback son. I gave Em credit on the beats I felt were hot, but the rest sound the same to me. Out.....1

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i AM hating on his production. why should i embrace him? i dont think his production is any good. i am far from jealous of him; he has nothing i want. he has nothing except that he is an established artist, and i want that for myself, but not FROM him. i dont want him to NOT be known, i am glad he is succesful.. but a spade is a spade, right? he isnt all taht good at makin (er, telling other people to) beats. who cares if he uses keyboard presets? its what he does with them that are sorry.

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
so you say that if he came to you and asked you if you wanted a deal, you would say some shit like "no bitch, your production sucks and I don't like you".... ya suuuure...

Whether he sucks dre's dick, or he is a bitch, he runs the industry for the moment.

I think anyone who met him in person would most likely kiss his ass and instantly not be hatin with such fervence...

H

Holla

I would definately take the deal, hell you'd have to be a fool not to. but thats not what this is about. being straight up, he's plain outright O.K nothing more nothing less. i wont kiss no industy ass i dont care whats good. how u gonna work for a nigga u dont even like, or feel? i like em, i dont think he make hot beats tho. plain and simple.

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
point taken good shout. I see some good and some bad, but who ever had full on pimp shit every track? you gotta fill a cd with mediocre stuff when it's your 5th cd and you are runnin dry on creativity. I don't love or hate eminem or his porducin, it's a mixed bag. Some shit just hits perfect, others suck, but mnost of today's top hiphop sounds like someone threw themselves down some stairs with a mic shoved up their ass.

on the reall..

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i wouldnt take the deal, tell me i'm frontin or whatever.... i will associate myself with those that i feel can help me to grow to the best of my abilities... and i dont think he has that capability. i'm not the type to jump in just because it looks good RIGHT NOW. there is a big picture to think about. i'm not a pawn or puppet, and i am not a yes man. i wouldnt belike "you suck, no thanks..." but creatively, we arent a good fit- two completely different mentalities, perspectives, philosophies, directions, markets, etc., so it would be pointless. i'm not desperate to get on- i do have other options if this doesnt pan out. so if i make it or fall flat it will be on my own terms.

H

Holla

1d3nt1tY said:
Some shit just hits perfect, others suck, but mnost of today's top hiphop sounds like someone threw themselves down some stairs with a mic shoved up their ass.

on the reall..

LOL, i understand you on that one...but as far as what Cold Truth is saying about not taking the deal, Em isnt all that bad. Production wise, he's a mess to me, but lyrically how do u know he wouldnt bless one of your beats??? thats a large opportunity to pass up dog. if he was a wack rapper and an ass producer, i'd have to reject that offer too, but atleast he's comin to you with Something ya know.....you might be bringin somethin to the table that he might be learnin from.....but thats just my opinion. OnE

mArkoFdAbEaTz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Holla said:
Production wise, he's a mess to me, but lyrically how do u know he wouldnt bless one of your beats???

Most likely he would bless your beat but say he produced it since your a newbie to the game and he is the elvis of rap.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
My goodness.

1. Scott Storch did not make the beat for "In Da Club." Mike Elizondo did it. However, he shares credit with Dr. Dre for the production. That way Dre maintains his status as a hitmaker, and Elizondo moves up in rank, owing Dre his career.

2. Bigdmakintrax is quite right. Eminem has a number of other producers, many of whom you have not heard of, and has co-writers on many different songs (if he gives them credit.) He, like Dre, is smart enough to see the lucrative business of involving himself in writing pools, or owning one. "Lose Yourself" is an example of collaboration to make a hit. He wants to extend his money making capabilities by establishing himself as a brand name producer, even if he "touches up" a beat here and there. In the end, he and the ghost writer make some money off the production. He is following Dre regarding that. He was apt enough to have Paul Rosenbourg start up Shady Records for him, and make it more than a lucrative boutique label. The cut from "Get Rich or Die Tryin'" is immense, especially since he did not put up the money for manufacture. He is a businessman and understands the rules of the game.

3. Going on what bigdmakintrax said, a big production company, with its own recording facility also hires professional musicians that, if stipulated in their contract, are exclusively used by the production company, and have to be on-call at all times. These people must carry their pager/cel-phone provided by the studio with them at all time, or have to answer at three in the morning to lay down a riff if Dr. Dre or whoever wants. They are quite handsomely paid with a steady salary. This represents a steady job for them, so they are inclined to do it. Thus, when all these people come together, a person that is guiding the project can simply play a simply melody on a piano, and then ask the string players, bass players, to come up with their own complements, or he/she will guide the live players to complement the original riff. Usually a bare track is used. In any case, there are session musicians that do this for a living that work for the production company for a salary or are hired to assist in a project, like an album. In either case, he can also have input from a panel of other ghost-producers that manipulate the song before or after. In either case, the name "Produced by Eminem" is more marketable for Eminem and all the parties involved than "Produced by No-Name." If they can establish a steady stream of calls for production, all these people, from session-musicians on up through the production outfit and all the way to Eminem and his agent and manager- make money off this. The people doing this know what is going on, and they want a steady stream of income.

4. Irregardless of who he exploits for production, the bottom line is that he is making money and entrenching himself as a production entity to be dealt with. That touches on point #3.

5. He is trying to get as much money as he can using his name. He's also being advised to do so. Wouldn't you, if you were in his position? Think about it.

Sincerely,
God

JP hardboiled

Find Your Fight
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 297
Em is a fake producer..he's like a fake MC who gets a ghost writer and takes all the credit..he doesnt' make those songs the musicians do and we all know it..look on the cd literature and you'll find out he's got like 3-6 studio musicians in the studio playing music for him, and what he does at most is lay out a drum beat.he DOES NOT play any instrument, which is actually alot different from making beats from samples..I do both and it's hard as hell to learn music theory on piano and guitar and develope your own playing style...It seems like some people take producing as you can hum out a tune and be like.."play that" to some studio musician and BAM!!your a producer..Well guess what..my 5 year old niece is a mad producer cause she's constantly singing or humming up her own tunes all day, which i doubt Em even does cause you need to know how to sing..The studio musicians jam and Em gives the nod or nope and soon a song is created by the musicians supervised by Em.. sadly, like G said it's about business and selling records.It 's ironic that he didn't want people to take him as a fake wannabe white MC when he 1st came out so he really took time to hone his amazing MC skills..but it's not the case with production because lots of "producers" don't take a stand for fakeness or realness, but will take those rolls of dollar bills in the A$$..To all us as producers we should be able to see he is not a producer in the musical sense. AT ALL...Cats aren't real anymore, and that's the whole problem with hip hop. sadly it's the closest form of music to Pop today

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
lol I don't own a single cd of his/there's, except for the dre's chronic 2000 or whatever it was. been mostly underground since 1998 or so... so I would've never guessed that many names were on a single fuggn song, lol

oh well.

P

pReMise

Ems Work Is Always Solid To Me....his Beats As Well....some Are Jus Aight, But For The Most Part They Get Me Noddin....

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
-Fellow beat makers, most of the time people wanna hear music they can bounce too, Eminem has no soul his beats no feeling,

- IMO you gotta make the projects (hood), hardest critics of music (whether Brooklyn, ATL, D.C. cali wherever your projects are, shake there ars, those big butt sistas and dope boys

-I'm not racist, Alchemist with his Mobb Deep beats can move the block and rock the party,

-I didn't buy Obie Trice's album and I like him as a rapper (no homo) cause I didn't wanna hear those boring beats

- I like the Doctors beats but EM is not DR. DRE

- Will ya'll please please get off this guys dick, Outkast's song Roses is better than that D-12 shyt, oh and my lil cousin almost made me slap the shyt out of her, saying Em was her favorite rapper, then I look on her computer she has every song by him downloaded, then I was happy for she didn't actually buy his albums

mArkoFdAbEaTz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
jaydub23510 said:
-oh and my lil cousin almost made me slap the shyt out of her, saying Em was her favorite rapper, then I look on her computer she has every song by him downloaded, then I was happy for she didn't actually buy his albums

LOL. for me it was my little sister.

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
your cousin and sister are better judges of dopeness than you guys are! HAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.