Fruity Loops or Reason ?

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
haha laugh all you want kid. say what you want, think what you want, call me a "backpacker", a "newbie", or whatever you want to call me. you can remain locked up inside your little angry world, and write whatever makes you happy.

if you want to sit there and call names, why dont you go off to goldmic or somewhare else where thats a welcome part of the site? thats really isnt what this site is about.

well, people can or can not respect my opinions here..... thats up to them. most of them tend to conduct themselves in a much more rational way in their disagreements, however. they dont get all pissed off and go nuts because they dont think jam master jay was God in hip hop form.

funny what you say about my examples, because those were all artists and things that i myself like. but, then you can see right through me, cant you? as far as "exposing" me- exposing what? nothing. you make assumptions based on opinions of mine, and act like you uncovered the roswell conspiracy.....:clap:

C

Copenhagen

Ok, this is getting out of hand. Thank you for ruining another thread.
Sober, I had to give you a warning for the language, it's okay to debate but that was uncalled for.
To everybody, go to another forum if this is where you want to take the site. It is not appreciated.
Also, as a moderator, I'm probably supposed to stay neutral but I'm tired of this BS in the forums constantly.
Sober, by saying that 9th Wonder uses the same formula as Kanye, Truth Told didn't say that they are equal in quality, he simply referred to the formula of makin beats. However, even if he did think they we're equal in quality, that is just his opinion. If you disagree, then deliver some good arguements in a mature manner but let it be if he isn't convinced.
Regarding Jam Master Jay, I've listened to Hip-Hop for 14 years, I respect the man for what he has done, but I only like a few of their classics and some songs a long the way and think that their latest stuff is garbage too. He was great for his time but Run-Dmc in general have been crap for at least the last 5 years and sold out with their whole dance remix stuff etc...and that's just my opinion. You can disagree and that's fine...but getting all heated about it is ridiculous.
And Truth Told, you've been here for a long time now, you should have been mature enough to let this be and get the thread back on track...

Manji

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
If you only use FL's step sequencer then you will think the shit is one dimensional. You have to use it's piano roll and experiment with that shit guy. You do drum rolls, offset your drums, drum wise FL is a Godsend I don't know what ya'll talkin' about. Maybe if you gave it a second look homie instead of dismissing it at one glance then you'd know.

T

The Bastard

yeah like i said,i bet it does a lot more than i actually did in that short period of time ,i just dont care to go deeper after expirimenting with it

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
What was the initial topic?

oh yeah Fruity Loops or Reason, well if you guys really want to find out what you perceive is better for production, why don't someone put up a track made in Reason and put up a track made in FruityLoops Studio and lets see what the outcome is, lets judge it based on a certain criteria! I'm tired of this BS about this program and that program nad Pro-Tools is the only tool that REAL producers use, I mean come one people, all that shit doesn't matter. There is no proof and this debate will go on and on-foreal peeps you keep going back and forth SHOW AND PROVE otherwise what was the purpose of posting this thread when you already have your mind made up about a certain program. We should be on here to learn the tricks of the trade from each other not this constant unfounded BS. I'll tell you like this my brother and a few other cats I know put together HOT SHIT with FL Studio (and you would never know it was done in fruity) and everything you are saying about swing and intuitiveness is unfounded, my other partner uses Reason and bangs out tracks, Hot tracks, so what's the point of this thread? If there is something you don't understand about FL ask a question if you want to really see how you can make HOT tracks in FruityLoops then lets PUT UP OR SHUTUP!!!

Let's have some judges and do the damn thang, based on a certain criteria- otherwise kill the noise about this shit it's unscientific and it's not helping noone else who wants to learn and enhance their production skills. peace

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i have used both pretty extensively, both have there strongpoints......i think fruityloops is a lil easier to use..i like the fact that u can maniplutae the piano roll better in fruity loops too. fruity loops has some sapmler optons i like (reverse, arpeggio,) and its easier and quicker to replace sounds in fl. howver Reason has better soundmaking capabilites and much better presets and refills and such. Reasons nx t sampler is much more in depth and gives the user mad options... friuty has more plugins..but i wold say that the reason plugs are of much more quality...reason works much better for me than fruity because i can get super creative on it and i have a much wider selection of sounds for me to tweak as i see fit..plus i use cubase too so i like rewire and combine the two for sick ass shit.....alll in all i would say that reason comes out on top...hands down..especially when u consider rewiring into anther sequencer and being able to use your vsts and third party shit alongside ur reason.....reason hands down overall....but in truth i have a mac. and there are many times that i miss fruityloops..i used to make some crazy soundin shit in fl

J

jamcity

Go with reason

I dont see any limitation excepts for your computer.....

you can add as much modules as your computer can hold...it's endless.
you can dump midifiles to Reason..and vise versa...

jamcity

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Something else to think about, just a few pros and cons:

IF your looking for a stand-alone all in one option go for Reason!
(You can use rewire into Cubase or something to get your VST's)

FL Studio is an open environment, VST's, DX, and other third party plugins like native instruments can be used in addition too.
(Rewire is in beta testing and will be available soon)

Once you purchase FL Studio you have free access to ALL future updates, patches, etc. For the investment you make you may get more out of FL Studio initially and more options.

For less than $200 dollars you can't really complain, actually less than $100 dollars you get a heck of a lot out of FL.

Reason allows you to stack as many samplers, drum machines etc, as you want, just depends on how much you computer can handle.

Unless you have Reason 2.5 the effects unit isn't all that great, FL Studio does have some good effects.

It's kind of hard to make a blanket statement and say whether one is better it depends on what you are comfortable with, and what you want to accomplish. Can you explain what features and options you need most, what is your current studio setup like? Are you using any midi instruments? What sequencers are you using? These questions actually will help us to steer you in the right direction as opposed to "go with reason" or "Fruityloops is crap". What do you actually WANT to accomplish?

C

Copenhagen

Originally posted by Architect
FL Studio is an open environment, VST's, DX, and other third party plugins like native instruments can be used in addition too.
(Rewire is in beta testing and will be available soon)

Does this mean, that soon, one will be able to rewire both FruityLoops and Reason to e.g. Cubase (along with various VST instruments)?!?
That would be close to awesome...from a software point of view.

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah Cope, I believe so, I checked the FruityLoops website rewire should be supported soon. The possibilites are huge on what you could do then, compositions with Fruity and Reason together I had never thought about that but shit yeah why not use the best of both worlds!!

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
what would be the advantage of having both?

on a side note, i personally would take FL much more seriously if they changed its name! lol......

J

jamcity

just to add a few more to " Architect" commments....

One thing I like about reson is the ablity to import and export midi files...I have alot of midi files that sounded like midi files and once converted to reason...and made allot of my music come alive...I'm not saying reason is the reason...no pun intended...but did make a big big difference..hey I cna agree with you that the effects are not as hot as i want it to de. but that is why i have soundforge to edit all my tweak all my files ( wave files )

I have not in fact play around with fruity loops...I did whne it first came out...but was not really satisfied...then reason came out...and stuck with that...

jamcity

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah the name FruityLoops does take the legitimacy out of using it, that's why they changed the name officially to 'FL Studio 4'

Regarding the use of both since they're both virtual soft studios and have their pros and cons if you can afford to use both maybe its like having access to The Hit Factory=Reason and (no longer open)D&D Studios=FL Studio, lol.

C

Copenhagen

Truth Told, FL and Réason have different features, effect, etc that you can advantage of if you have both and then rewire them to Cubase, Sonar or ProTools for mixing them down. E.g. I like the making drums in Reason but also like making basses in FL...also you could add a VST synth...you're possibilities will be greater.

mod1

ILLMUZIK Bell-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I know I have mastered fruity loops about 90%. (my opinion)
That's A good program to use,I love it.
I have been making alot of tight beats using fruity loops and,I don't care what anyone says,talking about that program ain't gon get u no where.I'm a known producer down here in my town.

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ok im new to these forums and im not tryna get in no arguements and problems with nobody. but being a dj and producer from south side queens I take offense to the comments truth told made. Im 22 years old so how long I've been listening to hip hop 22 years since birth. My uncles knew jay even tho I never kknew him personaly show some goddamn respect. im also a dj first and have a record collection dating back to the 60s . Learn ya history truth told b4 you go making dumn a** comments like that.

Oh and on the topic of fruity loops vs reason.
Yo my cousin used to make some ill beats in fruity loops . I put him on to reason he never looked back. Fruity loops is the simpler program but for me it was easier learning reason than learning how to get a good sound outa fruity loops. Reason is a virtual rack of samplers drum machines etc. With a sequencer. It is the all and all production solution.