How many beats a day?

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
watup,

just wondering how many beats you all make a day? Kanye made ''5 beats a day for 3 summers'' and Nottz said in Scratch that he makes about 4 a day. thats alot of beats.

i make at least one everyday.

sAfE.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
nice to see another UK dude on here.

sAfE.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Depending on the day usually about 1 or 2... The most beats i've ever made in one day (sequenced and all) was about 3... But now I've moved to mostly sampled beats and with those i usually take my time and just make sure the one i do is right...

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
5-7 and I sell them....but I make at least 3 on average, with a melody hook and everything.....you have to make as many as you can its a law of averages....just like an MC pressing up an album.......they usually drop from 50-100 tracks then they do their cuts to find out which tracks make the album......the more you make the more you will make that turn out to be HOT....you might have some that are just average, my setup is efficient also...so when I load up my samples or whatever its ready to multitrack....

E

Equality 7-2521

a day? lol. i prefer to put a bit more time into it, like find the right samples and experiment and take my time. sure productiveness is important but i find the joy is lost if i rush.

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
bigdmakintrax said:
5-7 and I sell them....but I make at least 3 on average, with a melody hook and everything.....you have to make as many as you can its a law of averages....just like an MC pressing up an album.......they usually drop from 50-100 tracks then they do their cuts to find out which tracks make the album......the more you make the more you will make that turn out to be HOT....you might have some that are just average, my setup is efficient also...so when I load up my samples or whatever its ready to multitrack....

Bid D : Do u make beats full-time?

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Well, it depends... I can make 4 or 5 when I'm at it... I dont do beats EVERYDAY. I would be bored to death by now!!! But, the thing is, I like to drop ideas on a beat, maybe make the main drum pattern and the bassline, or the lead instruments and leave it at that. Later, I come back to listen to what I did and work on it...

Of course, I can also do a full beat in a day, but that's when I'm "in the zone"... you know, when you really feel inspired for no reason. Then I can push 2 or 3 full beats with hook breaks and everything...

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
bigdmakintrax said:

I don't follaw that law of averages at all. I USED to make usually 2 or so a day, but I realized that that law of averages comes into play. When you're not spending a lot of time on the beats, it shows, then you might get lucky once every 5 or more beats. Now, I do maybe 1 or 2 a week. But I work on them every day. And that law of averages bullshit doesn't occur anymore because every single one is hot. I honestly believe that every single beat I've done in the past 3-4 months is industry ready, and not only that, but SINGLE ready....

It used to intimidate me big time when I would hear Kanye or Nottz or any big producer say that they make several beats a day, but then I would realize that, there's no way every single one of those is hot and is gonna be sold/used. I remember hearing somewhere that Kanye has maybe 100 beats that aren't sold. Do the math...If he did 5 beats a day for 3 summers, that about 180 days (60 days per summer, 3 summers). In 180 days, that would mean he should have 900 beats done. So unless he talks shit and never did that, then he's only makin 1 hot beat for every 9 nine. I don't like those averages. I'd rather have 100% of my beats hot than just 10% or so......But everyone has their own way of doin things, so if that's what works for anyone, then do it up....

Streetwize

Beat Architects !
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 49
Equality 7-2521 said:
a day? lol. i prefer to put a bit more time into it, like find the right samples and experiment and take my time. sure productiveness is important but i find the joy is lost if i rush.

exactly how i am. i dont even make 1 beat a week. im like Bink!....sparse but trying to perfect the trade

for me, it would be good if i made 4-5 beats in 1 month

eka

Mad samplist productions
ill o.g.
about a year ago I used to make 2-5 beats a day, but now I take my time for every beat I make and sometimes I can work a whole month on one beat. I think things through better and I'm not easely satisfied anymore.
I can make 4 or 5 patterns (beats) in one evening but only one or none will become a whole beat.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
good feedback.

its funny coz emcees or producers make like 100 tracks for an album (like someone said here), then filter out the best ones. but why have they been signed if it they have to do that?

if say, Jay Z for example, has to make 100 tracks for a 14 track album, then that isnt talent - he is just workin hard making usually bad tracks, but the odd one is tight. the greatest artist in the world would be one who can make an album of tracks absolutely straight, with no law of averages.

sAfE.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
Rhythmikal said:
good feedback.

its funny coz emcees or producers make like 100 tracks for an album (like someone said here), then filter out the best ones. but why have they been signed if it they have to do that?

if say, Jay Z for example, has to make 100 tracks for a 14 track album, then that isnt talent - he is just workin hard making usually bad tracks, but the odd one is tight. the greatest artist in the world would be one who can make an album of tracks absolutely straight, with no law of averages.

sAfE.

100 is a little bit of an exaggeration.
iTS MoRE LiKE 30-40, AND THERE ARE DiFFERENT REASoNS SoNGS DoNT MAKE ALBUMS. SAMPLES CANT GET CLEARED, THE SONGS AiNT DoNE, AND SoMETiMES SoNGS JUST GET HELD oVER FoR oTHER ALBUMS.NoBoDY iS GOiNG To WRiTE 85 WHACK SoNGS oUT oF 100 iT DoNT WoRK LiKE THAT.

RELEASE;

Chedda

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
on average about 4 or 5 a day. at least 2 of those a day are usually hot. everyday i do the 4 or 5 just as 8 bar tracks and the 2 or 3 hottest ones i finish, the others i just stack up and save for another time.

i personally think there's no ish like the more you do in a day, the more wack shit youre gonna come with, man if you got the skills to bring consistent heat then you could do 50 beats in a day and most of them would be hot.

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
I usually experiment with a few beats a day, but I usually only choose one to focus on. I might save my experimental ones for later, but I find that my beats are never finished. I add and delete shit for as long as the beat stays on my hardrive.

Royal

Tha RENEGADE
ill o.g.
I do about 4 keepers a day (narrowed down from like 10)

members online