How many beats a day?

ron herman

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
rah.soul said:
i'll be lucky if a pull two or three out a week, i've got a shitload of shells though, beats i've started but haven't been able to develope due to lack of sample develope ment and my overall hate for rediculous chopping of a sample in order to make it frehs. shit must flow.

When I get a crate of new records I spend a few days doing nothing but sampling, chopping. I have folders for different samples, basses, strings, horns etc. Then I make songs. I dont make em everyday but when I do its usually two a day.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
thats how its supposed to be....

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Quality AND quantity. Thats makes you successful.

sAfE.

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
WingsOfAnAngel said:
Good post! :thumb:

Look, i'm with Truth\Rigor\Equality\Streetwize\Eka\others who think alike, on this one. 2-5 beats a day!?!? :eek:
i have like 1 beat done per 3-4 weeks... I C-A-N [however] imagine\understand how you make 2-3 beats a day (considering that you do not work etc'), but it's still crazy :confused:
I don't have a steady schedule - my timetable is constantly changing, but even if i had a constant schedule - 5 beats a day would not be possible (personally speaking).
It takes A GREAT WHILE to perfect each beat, and yo - i ain't makin' like 100 beats and then choosing whichever 10 are the best. I just modify\alter each beat until it's perfect by my measurements\standards.

haloDim, for example, has taken 8 months to complete; each beat has been carefully reworked and revised...

Truth, it's not a matter of more\less talent - it's just the way people work. Each to his own = Each got his own personal tempo. Each and every one of us has his own creative process.
It's just that ours happen to take longer...
By the way, no disrespect or anything, but it is usually quite easy to tell how long it took the producer to create a certain beat :yes:
There are exceptions though - as with everything else...

Best Wishes,
Wings

Exactly, i make maybe 3-4 a MONTH, though i really feel bad about it, but i ain't no time. School really blows all my spirit. And I have one computer at home and we are like 3 children, plus friends and cousins that come over to use it cuz their computer sucks. So it's really hard to have a full time computer use. It's freakin lame, when you're makin a beat and your older brother says: HOW LONG YOU BEEN ON THE COMPUTER, NOW GET THE F* OUT! IT'S MY TURN.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
Qwerty said:
Exactly, i make maybe 3-4 a MONTH, though i really feel bad about it, but i ain't no time. School really blows all my spirit. And I have one computer at home and we are like 3 children, plus friends and cousins that come over to use it cuz their computer sucks. So it's really hard to have a full time computer use. It's freakin lame, when you're makin a beat and your older brother says: HOW LONG YOU BEEN ON THE COMPUTER, NOW GET THE F* OUT! IT'S MY TURN.

lol that shit sounds familiar to me, my pc's like that too lol ! i bet kanye never had to put up with that LOL

C

Carpe Diem

I usually just concentrate on one, then move on to the next, aint about rushing...

But when i get new samples, i ust go crazy and make a load!!! But they just outlines for beats i wanna make in the future, some i never get down to finishing...

members online