I have the new Reason beta &

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
I meant, yall finally got recording capabilities outside of the program.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Never mind that...A Control Voltage is a signal that can change pitch, loudness and tone. It can also trigger events such as notes and drum hits. You're saying that FL can't do that?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
No it's not the same route but it leads to the same place.

I'm seriously trying to understand what makes Reason 6 so "awesome!" In my book, using old synth technology doesn't get it but thats just a personal opinion...so then I have to ask myself well what "new" features does it have that makes it so "awesome" and I find that they basically added Record (which isn't new) and 3 new racks (Pulverizer - a compressor, Alligator - a gate, and Echo - a stereo delay). Maybe this justifies "awesome" to "some" (not all)...idk. I'm not sold on this move at all. In fact if I had to pay for every new version of FL, I think I would be very upset.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Well its like this, FL studio feels like a jack of all trades master of none type program. Where everything in Reason is very well thought out.

Ableton of course is so unstable it can be almost unusable at times, of course that is getting better. Reason is a tank!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Well its like this, FL studio feels like a jack of all trades master of none type program. Where everything in Reason is very well thought out.

Ableton of course is so unstable it can be almost unusable at times, of course that is getting better. Reason is a tank!

Again....bwah ha ha ha ha...I don't have ANY stability problems with Ableton. Unless you've used it extensively you really can't speak on it. And though I'd never use FL I know many many people using it and they put in work with it. At least 15 of the last 20 chart busting Rap songs came out of FL. Many people can't wrap there heads around Ableton. It's the complete opposite of what most have come to know as far as work flow. It took me a good month or more to some what understand it. FL is easy enough for most to use but it still cranks out hot tracks...I gotta give FL users that. I can speak on Reason because I used it a very long time. Reason is not geared for urban music "out the box" and ZERO of the changes since 4 has impressed me at all.

Just listen to the music in the new Reason 6 promotional Video...lol...that alone tells what type music it's geared toward. What's new....Alligator-Triple filtered gate, Echo Advance stereo delay and Pulveriser-Compressor Distortion Filter. All of which you'd only probably hear in the type of music in the background of that damn video....lol. Other than that they just combined Reason 5 with Record. Rewrap'd that shit and hyped it. If u put lip stick on a pig.....guess what...it's still a pig!

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Unless you've used it extensively you really can't speak on it.

I have and I love live, but as of 8 they have had crazy stability problems. Just go to there forums if you don't believe me.

At least 15 of the last 20 chart busting Rap songs came out of FL.

No thats just not true at all. Its still MPC and Pro tools for the majority.

Reason is not geared for urban music "out the box"

Have you heard of refills? Also how is Kong not built for urban music? I mean you know hank shocklee made a bunch of presets for R5 right? cant get much more urban than that.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
I have and I love live, but as of 8 they have had crazy stability problems. Just go to there forums if you don't believe me.

I gives a damn about a forum. I use it and have NOOOOOOO Problems. That's the only proof I need!

No thats just not true at all. Its still MPC and Pro tools for the majority.
Have you heard of refills?

Ever hear of Lex Luger? Damn near every hit "rap" song u hear on the radio right now is his production. Even East rappers are coming to him. H.A.M by Kanye and Jay Z...Luger. Waka's radio bangers..Luger Rick Ross club bangers...Luger ALL WITH FL.

Hip Hop producers 9th Wonder (Little Brother, Jay Z, Beyonce, etc...) and Khrysis (Little Brother, Justus League, etc...) both use FL Studio for their work.

GOOGLE THAT SHIT...LOL

members online