~~~illmuziks Finest~~~

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
p-1... i had you confused with someone else... i think its chedda maybe... thats wierd.

whoeevr i am thinking of did a j5 remix a while back.......

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
Soon

One day I'll be top 5 dead or alive and that's just off one hot beat ;)

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
???????????

um, ok. cant wait to see that happen. best of luck with that, considering the rep of a few of your locals..

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Seems as tho i need to frequent more rooms than jus tha ones i have been lately, i totally missed this thread earlier!:)

truth said:
deuce... just has his own style. probably among the most underated here to me. doesnt really get his due.
Much respect Truth! - - I appreciate tha support!

JUS BEATS
Af - D (how could he not be up there..lol...)
Holmz (this kid has music growin out his finger nails :) )
Stra (I love your arrangements man, some truely inspirational and talented work)
Dj Hoppa (def moving in a postive direction every new day, and im following right behind!:) )
WIngs (I love tha fact that u dont have to conform to a typical sound that ive heard before!, Originality alone deserves major dap!)
* If there was 6, i would have put Beserk in there too....

BEATS AND RHYMES
Mercury Waters (I really wanted to put u in tha first list, but i think that yer rhyme skills shine out alot more...tho u got some awsome beats dawg!...Real original and eclectic, but more like for wider audiance than u yerself believe it could apply to...Talent all round.)Rhyme beast!
StressWon Kinda tha same as Merc...U shine more through yer rhymes, but thats not a bad thing in my opinion at all...tho i think that yer beat prgming is coming along quite strong as well. Ive noticed that yer beats seem to compliment yer rhymeflow perfectly, i guess cuz u kno what u want to rap over?...Easily one of tha most talented rappers on this site.

I cant really remember anyone else who rhymes and prgm's off tha top of my head!?

JUS RHYMES
MERC
STRESS
J-Malice Even tho ur on some more thuggy shit than i personally listen to tha mic presence can not be denied!...U are another one of Illmuziks elite in that respect.
Split P One of my most favorite UNDERRATED rhyme artists on tha site....
(unless im mistaken and thats xerxes rhymin on yer guys' goonie track on tha cd?, In that case, Split u came mad correct with that beat!)

STEEZ

ps - thanks to all tha illfam that dropped my name, its highly appreciated!

*Please keep in mind also, that i would have liked to include many others in tha list, but this is a really small list and there are a shit load of members doin their thing!...I still broke it into sub-catagories which i thought helped a bit!?:)

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I dunno man maybe I'm in another dimension or my ears got wax in em, there's a lot of different perspectives on this site that I really don't come into agreement on so I sort of leave that alone....LOL but I feel a few styles on here but I can't get elaborate on any one producer right now because I look for a lot of things with tha beats....as far as artists I dunno either....but I have seen some people go from a doo doo beat and then get some new gear and it opens up completely........I just can't get specific, Holmzini is Nice...P-1 got nice tracks and a lot of other beats are hot......since I haven't had the chance to hear like a catalog of a lot of beats and hear it live I would say that in the couple of years almost there have been some very talented producers on hear and at any given time I have heard a hot beat out more than I can name.....

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
Yo i STRAiGHT FoRGoT ABoUT DJ HoPPA, THATS MY MAN, WE HAD A LiTTLE BEEF iN THE PAST BUT THAT KiD iS SiCK ToO.CiTY

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
wow .. thnx to everyone who gave me sum mention! im feelin evryone whos name keeps popin up .. theres things i like about evryones style so its hard to narrow it down to just five... but nobody mentioned po -ethix .. that dude has got some beats! i just wanted to throw in his name .. he doesnt post much but he always breakin my neck wit sum grimey beats.

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
Guevara said:
Yo i STRAiGHT FoRGoT ABoUT DJ HoPPA, THATS MY MAN, WE HAD A LiTTLE BEEF iN THE PAST BUT THAT KiD iS SiCK ToO.CiTY

word up Guevara, nothin but love now.

im glad im still in a few of ya'll heads, i need to frequent this site more!!

my top five: (in no particular order)

Guevara
Steeze
Holmz
Class
Stra

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
*laughs, thinking about how other sites dont show this kind of love to each other...

i see i made a list or two. didnt expect it, but much appreciated... for those who didnt list me, i hate your guts.

joking, joking....

its hard to do these lists because there are some talented cats in here. far to many to narrow down to five without leaving someone out who deserves a mention.

changalang, man you ave grown a lot since i first got here... you had a beat in one of the rrecent comps that just kind of made me do a double take- "chang did this?"

another dude who didnt last long here (he kind of had an attitude, could be why since we're so intolerant of that) is art mpc4000. he has some very real skills.

and mad scietist deserves a nod as well.

sorry, 5 is a little hard.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Yeah no doubt, I think that if i looked at tha entire catalogue of artists here as Big D put it i might be even more turned around on tryin to narrow down to that little of people....Those ones that i listed were obviuosly ones that simply came to mind automatically, but theres plenty other cats on here that i probably forgot jus cuz they dont come through as much.

And Truth! - You kno u got skills on tha under too mayne! - NO BULL HOMIE.....I think alota cats forget that yer more than a mod, and before u were a Mod u were jus a beatmaker on tha site makin dope music...Myself included and then i realize, OH SHIT! i forgot about Truth God dam it! lol...But for reals i love yer ear and u always got some catchy ass bass lines....Much love homie!:) Plus, u got some cool ass melodies!

E

Equality 7-2521

cheers to beserk and classic for the mention.

SOME of my favourites in no particular order are:

Holmz
Stradiva
Wings
Chedda
Producer Gyal

sorry i cant think at the moment. i havnt visited the showcases lately. really gotta get back to that.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Illmuzik's Finest - Wings' Point Of View

here's my list (in no particular order!):

Mercury Waters - one of the most talented people i have ever met. both extremely talented and open-minded, a top notch producer as well as an extraordinary emcee\poet. and if everything goes as planned, we shall release haloDim and represent Illmuzik to the fullest! :thumb:

RigorMortis - one of the most talented people i have ever met as well. although he's very modest - do not get mistaken. his beats are all that and even more. his style of beatmaking is EXACTLY what i like about hip hop! we have almost an identical musical orientation, so it's obvious why i praise him so much. he's also a marvelous emcee, and if he ever buys a new MICROPHONE, ya'll shall hear our collaborations!

Cold Truth - superb producer, with an exceptional talent (which he's not always aware of :yes: ). his music truly takes you to a higher place, with its intelligence and beauty. word up!

StressWon - great emcee\producer! got his own special style, and is working hard in order to promote himself and his crew. (BY THE WAY: YOU GOTTA SAY NO TO 'EM DRUGS! :lol: )

Fade: our own MR. FADE! from what i have heard thus far - he's great on the boards!
got a unique, somewhat laid-back style.

DueceMade - it's not a complete list without duece. duece got an unequaled style of his own and his beat are simply wonderful!

Holmzini - hard-working and diligent sportsman + producer. his beats are incredible!

DJ Hoppa - a very talented producer - support him and his crew by buying his LP!

Equality 7-2521 - an upcoming superstar, with fresh musical ideas and lots of will power.

Afrique Deluxe - just as the name suggests - a very special young producer, with so much talent that it's almost ridiculous. afrique is a PRODUCER, in the full sense of the word.

Eka - a very creative producer (eka, where have you gone?!!?), with many innovative ideas.

Producer Gyal - she certainly got her own gentle feminine touch because her beats sound like nothing else! her music takes you on a romantic cruise to the stars...

Streetwize - don't sleep on this guy :smokin: ! beautiful combination of smooth sounds and fresh ideas from an extraordinarily talented producer.

this list is just the tip of the iceberg, because there is so much more talent here:
FORMANT with his own futuristic attitude towards sound and music (and his incredible knowledge of hardware devices), COPENHAGEN with his superbly original mix between underground and mainstream elements, FREAK with his unbreakable assiduousness and such a strong will to get even better and conquer the music scene, CHEDDA with his beautiful matchless style, PHILSIARRI with his blazin' and bangin' ala premo style beats and many more!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK YA'LL (and thanks to those who have mentioned me) :thumb:

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Man, there's so many cats on this site that are dope... I forgot all about Hoppa man! That mans sick wit it... Artmpc4000 too ,he's got an award winning sound... Producer Gyal, her style is just so pure.. I remember when i first joined this site I was bangin her stuff non stop! Shit is just hip hop in its purest form yo, fa real! Plus girls who produce are a major turn on.. Don't you agree!? hahahaha! Shit is SEXAY!!!

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Dam Wings made me remember more cats i wanted to drop mention on too:

PRODUCER GYAL!! - Im still always blown away by my permanant male stigma i guess - That u can rock a beat so well!?!!....YOU GOT SKILLS GIRL!

And Fuck ME! if i dont give mad props to MR MESS also known as Equality 7-2521 for being one hell of a B- BOY!!

ShiT!, Too much freakin skills on this board man! - Formant, Freak - U can send me a virus now for not dropin yer name homie!:(, EKA - You's a sample freak! - Mad skills with sample manipulation!
And my boi CHEDDA - Always feelin everything that u drop man, real original sound as well - gotta respect that!

And im sure im still forgetin fools!?....

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
i dont think you can- or should- list everybody.

its supposed to be a top five list, and in actuality a top 10 would be a considerably easier task... so thats why so many people get left out, because there are so many who are deserving. even ten leaves a lot of heads out.

look at it like this-think of it in terms of an all-star team:

you are putting together an album and need five- and can only afford five- Illmuzik producers for the album. forget about genres, marketing, demographics, etc., but you have 5 producers to make a dope album- to PRODUCE and album. who do you pick?

members online