In terms of workflow?

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
ha ha, all good man. Just a friendly discussion. I actually know every DAW in and out i mean down to keyboard shortcuts. So I have a pretty wide perspective on the whole issue.

"hmm you can save it ?
*presses save button."

But your patch does not save with your song, you have to write that down on paper. That sucks! I have 400 songs done in Reason that would be a mess with hardware.

"Try modulating every osc type/waveform per osc in a refill, or just change one osc type/waveform from that virus refill lol."

Reason can do that just as easily. I can change one OSC waveform and change the entire tone of a refill. Moving on.

"You work itb preferably it seems, but not everyone does."

I formally worked with only hardware, now only in the box. I have not found a single peace of hardware that I cant get with Reason. So the convenience of software wins out.

"You can call all hardware users retarded but those people think that using rewire to get midi-out enabled is straight up retarded."

I never said they where restarted, I said everyone should find a workflow that match's there brain. For some its hardware, for others is FL other its Pro tools. Whatever.

The point of Reason is to be an entire self contained studio so having midi out makes no sense for that product. It was designed to replace hardware not use it.

"Nothing is more convenient and improves intuitivity then using 1 program to do all. "

I agree and there are very few things I cant do with Reason/Record

"-less is more
-go from A to B the shortest way. "

no doubt, then why all this hardware mess? ha ha, BTW I did help design a killer Reason refill to replace the virus. :p

but you know its all good bro

creambeatz1

ill o.g.
Reason can be rewired into fruity loops! I started with Fl.. Discovered reason years later, fl has a simple workflow, with a variety of free and brought plug-ins, reason has a variety of free/paid for refills, if u merge them u have a massive sound library.. IMO reason's overall sound is better than fl, BUT fl has stepped it up too, and has evolved into a better machine.
So if u like reason try fl, and vice versa

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Wow this thread could have its 4th birthday and we are reviving it? NICE...so happy 4th thread!
217-Four-Years-Old.jpg

members online