Is Fruity Loops that hot??????

FuriousMusic

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I havent looked at it in years but i remember it was just a bunch of set sounds and you arrange the sounds to make beats. Like i said i havent looked at in years but have they changed it and is it now like sonar or cubase. I also know that 9th wonder makes all of his beats in FL he dosent use external hardware.

C

Copenhagen

I don't use FruityLoops either, so I can't tell you as much, though they certainly have changed the program for the better.
Check www.fruityloops.com, and see all the changes.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
only if you are the chosen one you will be able to master it!

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
RigorMortis is right, it's like giving a pencil to a artist so he can make a master piece. Give that same pencil to anyone else and watch them go, " I can't do nothing with this." Beware of those drinkin Hater-aid.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.

Kevin A said:
RigorMortis is right, it's like giving a pencil to a artist so he can make a master piece. Give that same pencil to anyone else and watch them go, " I can't do nothing with this." Beware of those drinkin Hater-aid.
Hey real good analogy dawg my english teacher would be impressed but i digress......Fl is definitly a good program.....it still has its limitations,but if u use it in combination with some other programs it can definitly produce a quality professional beat

kaivai

Reppin V.I.C
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
hell yea

i got my fruityloops from a mate that couldnt figure out how to use so i sat down and just started to work at it trynna get the best out of it, im still workin at it, but yea you do need to use sum other progs to the best out of fl, the basis of my stuff comes from fruityloops (dats da only sequencer my poor ass has got) i just get my $2 microphone and record samples and use them in there, use fl if you wanna push the limits of your creativity

nasir jones

The Perfectionist!!
ill o.g.
استشهد ثلاثة فلسطينيين اليوم الثلاثاء اثنان بشظايا صاروخ اطلقته طائرة حربية صهيونية على تجمع للمواطنين في مخيم خانيونس الغربي والثالث طفل في التاسعة من عمره، كما أصيب طفلان آخران بجراح بليغة جراء انفجار جسم مشبوه، زرعته قوات الاحتلال الصهيوني في الحارة الشرقية في بلدة دير الغصون شمال طولكرم في الضفة الغربية. فيما واصلت على مدار اليوم قوات الاحتلال الصهيوني حصارها الشامل على

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
I think it is very possible to make, from start to finish, with no outside programs or hardware (other than a microphone, turntable if needed, etc..) a GOOD track with fruityloops. I wouldn't try it, but I know it can be done.

Nasir... Dude.. that's my ass you have right there. I'd recognize my ass anywhere. I aint authorize noone to use my ass anywhere. I ain't shaving NOTHiNG anymore.

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
J-rilla
We are held back by our own limitations and patterns of thinking. Those of you who can only use the manual to understand the complete function of the program, offcourse your gonna feel limited, because the manual is limited. FLstudio is so vesatile that you can do things in it that the program wasn't designed to do. I would go as far as to say it is the photoshop of music programs. The downside to this is that thier are not many innovative users using the program. I've used it for seven years and developed several forms of sequencing amonst others tips and tricks to emulate other things. My suggestion is do what you feel because I won't put you up on no game about it, it's a dog eat dog world in this industry and n*ggas be fakin. Don't place your experience of limitations on the program because your failer rate is greater than your success rate, or you couldn't get just what you wanted. That's like me taking a stab at proffessional boxing, getting knocked out all the time, then come talking about boxing sucks as a sport. Not true, I just suck at boxing. The best thing to say is I couldn't do this or that in this program, but don't blame it on the software, because if your not doing stuff that's not in the manual, you haven't mastered it yet. And aside from the technical aspect, you need some talent to make it matter in the first place. And as for you kids that like to sample, I researched it and it is against the law to use any sample no matter the length without permission. That's right, not even 3 seconds. You don't even have to sell it, once you give it to someone you've commited a crime. So a thief is a thief is a thief. Don't tell me you got a musical bone in your body and your sampling, you just got a ear for music. I know it's a hard pill to swallow, but it's not your sht, so basicly this post is not for those type of cats.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I would agree with Kevin A. the program is really versatile, you can do so many things with it, if you try that its ridiculous! The thing is to try... I dont really know the other programs that much, but I'm pretty sure that fruity would be one of the program that is easier to get into, because it's very user friendly (in my opinion)

C

cley

it's alot different now. I used it before I got my mac which was a little while ago. I haven't tried FL Studio, but the fact that the name changed after it was bought by another company from "Fruity Loops" to "FL Studio" is representative of the progress it made. It's being presented as a more mature program now. I'm sure it's hot, and if they made a version for Mac, I'd probably be using it instead of reason.

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
lol nasir jones, can you tell us what you were saying ??? lol

yeah, i think fruity is the best... not that i know how every other programs work, but i feel very confortable with fruity. I think everyone should go with the program they find it more confortable to play with. I think the skills comes with good sound and good quality instruments, and how you play with it. Anyway, its sad that in the business, i never heard fruity was in use. Im glad i had that chance to meet fruity! Even if dont master it, its a good program.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
Kevin A-
I was kinda surprised to come in this thread to see someone makin little sly comments that i suck beacuse i cant make a professinal track with fruity?????? umm I'm not sure if u felt that i was tryin to come at u side ways because i quoted you or i was tryin to knock Fruity or u just wanted to vent about it, but in no way am i saying anything is wrong with the program. In all honesty i really just liked ur analogy, but then i thought i should also say sumthin about tha subject of the thread. I am not here to argue about how good a program is or what program or set up is better. I am here to gain knowledge and hopefully pass on a little bit also ...me personaly i have other preferences, but if u make hot shyt with fruity go ahead i aint never knock no ones huslte... if u can make hot shyt with a nail and tin can go ahead more power to u.Now when i said it needs to be used with other programs to make a real,professional track. That is what i was told by professinal music engineers,people that get paid doin this music business. Now if u can flip it and make u shyt sound professinal with fruity once again go ahead, but argue with the staff of Full Sail College and not me........chuuch

P.S This is in no way meant to attack u homey just makin a point....... oh once again very good use of an analogy in ur post

PrOLifiK

Wax Fondling Since 420
ill o.g.
Yeah fruity loops is a good program I think...personally I like reason better because I am more comfortable with that program. You can make something dope off any eqpt you have once you learn its ins and outs. I know there are alot of better programs out there I just gotta have the time to learn its ins and outs...and oh yeah be able to afford it lol.

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
if you learn to use THIRDS in fruity loops your shit can be hot.. check 9th wonder his shit don't sound fruity loops style because he uses thirds and his shit is sample based......... THIRDS !!!!! i can't dig most shit done in fruity loops becuase people never do much more (most people) then clicking blocks in the step sequencer. there is a function i think that is called swing in fruity loops....... give your 16th notes (crotchets) a thirds swing feel by moving the with the shift function 1 third of the way up the shift screen (these notes running on a ppqn of 96 sit on 40 and 80 this is the hip hop sound !!!@ check premier and pete rock and every producer) ALL ABOUT THE THIRDS BABY AND FEW PEOPLE THAT USE FRUITY LOOPS KNOW IT........ AMATUERS... i don't like fruity loops for myself BUT if someone knows how to sample properly (not just some chop and paste and pitch shit although that is good skills to learn properly) but looping properly too and USE THIRDS fruity loops can sound THE SAME as an mpc WITH THE SAME SAMPLES !!!!!!!

THIRDS PEOPLE QUANTISATION OUT BRING THAT SOULFUL SWING INTO YOUR BEAT MAKING !!!!!!