Jermaine Dupri

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
trez260 said:
excellent point. i'm in complete agreeance to that note. at the very least, i respect their business savvy, but in terms of their music..they can keep it. most cats who "respect" them are basically saying they respect their hustle, it doesnt have anything to do with the craft or culture. I do respect JD, he had his impact on the music and has done so at a very young age, but nowadays..he's on the bandwagon with the rest of'em. Peace.

JD does make good music though and always has. the albums he did with Da Brat back in the day were tight as was the recent stuff he did with Usher and Mariah. it's not like dude isn't a very good producer or making garbage records

if you're not feeling G Unit either, that's cool but their skill level and beat selection is undeniable

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
N.U.G. said:
JD does make good music though and always has. the albums he did with Da Brat back in the day were tight as was the recent stuff he did with Usher and Mariah. it's not like dude isn't a very good producer or making garbage records

if you're not feeling G Unit either, that's cool but their skill level and beat selection is undeniable

JD has made some good records, there's always been a r&b feel to alot of his records, so the r&b records was definitely something he can work. but.. dem franchize boyz, that suprised me that they (JD,Brat) would get on a song that sounds so sloppy. knowing JD quality when it comes to production, i'm suprised he wasnt like "ok, there some things that just need to be cleaned up here"..maybe he did offer that and something got in the way of that..who knows. but that remix, IMO is a black eye in his discography. and you listen to "grillz" and some of these others and there's really no difference to everything else that's in hourly rotation, all of which is beneath his level of production. JD does posses the talent to come with something different yet familiar in music, in the past couple years he's been milking the same cow everyone else has.

as far as G-Unit, their track selection is decent, i say decent because they have pick dope tracks to work and they have also picked some that's garbage. in terms of lyrical ability, they're not saying anything slick to a can of oil, they can keep that too. Peace.

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
trez260 said:
JD has made some good records, there's always been a r&b feel to alot of his records, so the r&b records was definitely something he can work. but.. dem franchize boyz, that suprised me that they (JD,Brat) would get on a song that sounds so sloppy. knowing JD quality when it comes to production, i'm suprised he wasnt like "ok, there some things that just need to be cleaned up here"..maybe he did offer that and something got in the way of that..who knows. but that remix, IMO is a black eye in his discography. and you listen to "grillz" and some of these others and there's really no difference to everything else that's in hourly rotation, all of which is beneath his level of production. JD does posses the talent to come with something different yet familiar in music, in the past couple years he's been milking the same cow everyone else has.

as far as G-Unit, their track selection is decent, i say decent because they have pick dope tracks to work and they have also picked some that's garbage. in terms of lyrical ability, they're not saying anything slick to a can of oil, they can keep that too. Peace.

word up man. I havent actually heard that Dem Franchise Boys track but I'mma have to peep them

peace

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Ohhh God Dupri Fuckin Wack Cut The Thread

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
FistFulloDollaz said:
I know that u dont think everything he's made is corny

Usher and Mariah Carey I think not

Well, I will say his drums are complete and utter bullshit. They sound terrible...From a production standpoint i guess....But his tracks are catchy, and get the panties wet and/or off....JD to me is one of those guys that has some real hot shit, and at the same time, puts out some real mediocre bullshit. Really, he survives on his name. Nevertheless, you can't deny his past, and you cant deny his talents....He's sold a lot of records, and made a lot of crappy artists rich...

JD gets 2 thumbs, WAY WAY sideways!!

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Now after all this commenting I'm about to open another can of worms

now all those people sayin that they dont like JD because his stuff is soft and R&Bish

that means u dont like the neptunes either right? because they have worked with rappers but majority of their music is pop or R&B

thing is people can hate JD but love the Neptunes which is so hypocritical its almost ridiculous

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
FistFulloDollaz said:
now all those people sayin that they dont like JD because his stuff is soft and R&Bish that means u dont like the neptunes either right?

i dont have a problem with JD's music sounding soft, i have a problem with him because when he first came out, he was introducing something different, something fresh and now, he's doing what everybody else is doin. that's the problem i have with alot of people out right now. no originality, no character. nowadays it's all "oh..that's what's hot..i gotta start doin that" type attitude. no one breaking barriers by just being themselves anymore. it's all image, and no content. all rudementary beats with no real spirit. like what A.G. said in an interveiw, shit is microwave music, you eat it, shit it out and move on to the next thing. what's out (as far as mainstream radio,etc.) has no substance (i dont mean music having to message even though that's missing also), it's not long lasting. how many of the records out now do you really think people are gonna go crazy for 5 years from now?

just as an example, biggies - one more chance remix will still bump in the club today and it's been 10 years since that's been out

who has a song out right now that you beleive will steady rotation on the radio and play in the clubs for the next 10 years. most of these cats aint even thinkin that far ahead.

Fury said:
Ohhh God Dupri Fuckin Wack Cut The Thread

agreed, let's shift the subject a lil bit.
https://www.illmuzik.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13530

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
FistFulloDollaz said:
Now after all this commenting I'm about to open another can of worms

now all those people sayin that they dont like JD because his stuff is soft and R&Bish

that means u dont like the neptunes either right? because they have worked with rappers but majority of their music is pop or R&B

thing is people can hate JD but love the Neptunes which is so hypocritical its almost ridiculous

I'm not much of a fan of the Neptunes. What seperates them from JD in my opinion is that The Neptunes have some incredible beats, 90% of their ish is trash to me - way too poppy, no soul and mad corny.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
lol bredrin dont put jermaine dupri in the same league as the neptunes!!!! neptunes sell like him but still keep it creative and unique.

damn sorry but the every beat iv heard from JD sound like a Casio keyboard beat, someone point me to some of his apparent good shit.

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
gotta getcha does go hard-give a fuck what anyone thinks, i like the song alot

Mr Keyes

ill o.g.
I hear what evry1 is sayin about JD. He has his Pros and Cons. I think his main turn point was when he started replaying samples doing intopelations on all his tracks it sounded tight but to clean.

In the early 90s he was a bit more experimental with samples and had a harder edge to his tracks. People seem to forget he produced "ooh what ya gonna do" for Run DMC also "Can I get a Witness" does these sound like R&B? also some tracks on Bush Babies 1st lp.

ill o.g.
Mr Keyes said:
I hear what evry1 is sayin about JD. He has his Pros and Cons. I think his main turn point was when he started replaying samples doing intopelations on all his tracks it sounded tight but to clean.

In the early 90s he was a bit more experimental with samples and had a harder edge to his tracks. People seem to forget he produced "ooh what ya gonna do" for Run DMC also "Can I get a Witness" does these sound like R&B? also some tracks on Bush Babies 1st lp.

I agree totally the man deserves his respect

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
Many people on this board continue to get things confused ... producer and beatmaker are not the same things .. i know some senior members like big-d know what i am talking about ... jd is a producer.. he puts things togther ... he makes hits .. and makes money .. because you can sit in your basement and come up with 1 hot track doesnt make you a producer ... dont get it twisted people ... and niggas is lyin if they wasnt feelin kriss kross when they first came out ... if you dont like it than dont listen but i swear its like people spend more time tryin to discredit someone elses shit than making their own shit hot... the first stop to being a professional is to act like one ... its cool if you dont like someone but you simply cannot discredit a grammy award winning producer who has sold that many albums, and been doin it since i was a young teenie bopper ... he is working with legends, mariah carey, usher, jay-z,janet .. the list dont stop... .. if is trax arent hot than whos been buying all these albums the last decades? ... the emancipation of mimi is one of the acclaimed albums in recent history and that was all jd ... it dont get bigger than that...

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Ash Holmz said:
Many people on this board continue to get things confused ... producer and beatmaker are not the same things .. i know some senior members like big-d know what i am talking about ... jd is a producer.. he puts things togther ... he makes hits .. and makes money .. because you can sit in your basement and come up with 1 hot track doesnt make you a producer ... dont get it twisted people ... and niggas is lyin if they wasnt feelin kriss kross when they first came out ... if you dont like it than dont listen but i swear its like people spend more time tryin to discredit someone elses shit than making their own shit hot... the first stop to being a professional is to act like one ... its cool if you dont like someone but you simply cannot discredit a grammy award winning producer who has sold that many albums, and been doin it since i was a young teenie bopper ... he is working with legends, mariah carey, usher, jay-z,janet .. the list dont stop... .. if is trax arent hot than whos been buying all these albums the last decades? ... the emancipation of mimi is one of the acclaimed albums in recent history and that was all jd ... it dont get bigger than that...
whoa it sounds like u takin this personal..it aint even that serious its tru if we wanna be pro then act like it but this is threads and the point is to say waht we feel and we all kool wit each other aint no need to cover our opinion when its relevant..so what if JD did kris kross i still think hes ass...theres mad producers here whos better than JD and many more..juss cuz he got a grammy dont mean hes god and we cant talk about how we dont like him...

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Fury said:
whoa it sounds like u takin this personal..it aint even that serious its tru if we wanna be pro then act like it but this is threads and the point is to say waht we feel and we all kool wit each other aint no need to cover our opinion when its relevant..so what if JD did kris kross i still think hes ass...theres mad producers here whos better than JD and many more..juss cuz he got a grammy dont mean hes god and we cant talk about how we dont like him...

I think u missed his point, there is a differnce between not liking somebodies style, and HATEING. there are alot of producers out their who;s music i dont like but I aint gonna hate on them, a perfect example of this is madlib, personally,i am NOT feeling dudes music, but im not gonna sit up on here and throw salt on him nor am i gonna ignore what he has done....

Alot of cats on here just hate(im not saying u personally)... if it dosent fit their narrow view of what hip hop should be, then that person sucks. I see alot of elitist views and it kinda gets old and hyporicatial when the same cats wanna be in the same position. if cats dont like JD fine. thats their opionion which is cool. But I see alot of dudes throw salt on him and other succesful producers and for what???? Dude has accompished alot, rather u like his music or not. Most of the cats throwing salt would be the same ones who would love to be in his position.... You dont gotta like dude but dont HATE for no reason...
Like it or not dude is good at what he does which is produce hits.....

class...

ill o.g.
classic said:
I think u missed his point, there is a differnce between not liking somebodies style, and HATEING. there are alot of producers out their who;s music i dont like but I aint gonna hate on them, a perfect example of this is madlib, personally,i am NOT feeling dudes music, but im not gonna sit up on here and throw salt on him nor am i gonna ignore what he has done....

Alot of cats on here just hate(im not saying u personally)... if it dosent fit their narrow view of what hip hop should be, then that person sucks. I see alot of elitist views and it kinda gets old and hyporicatial when the same cats wanna be in the same position. if cats dont like JD fine. thats their opionion which is cool. But I see alot of dudes throw salt on him and other succesful producers and for what???? Dude has accompished alot, rather u like his music or not. Most of the cats throwing salt would be the same ones who would love to be in his position.... You dont gotta like dude but dont HATE for no reason...
Like it or not dude is good at what he does which is produce hits.....

class...

exactly it sounds like hate to me

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
JD makes pop music....which some people might mistake for hip hop nowadays...now I'm not "DISCREDITING" his accomplishments....but as a fan of hip hop....I don't like his shit...
True he sold alotta records...but so did Will Smith...so what does that prove. And as far as "who's buying these albums"? TRL fans...that's who.

Status
Not open for further replies.