Lil Wayne - Tha Carter 3

2nd_Man

The 2nd Generation Of Man
ill o.g.
I never liked Wayne, gave it a listen, didnt like it. Then heard all hype about the Leak album., listened, didnt really like it. Listened again, thought it was better. Few more listens, and i loved it. yeah the lyrics often dont make sense, but thats kind of what makes them great, coz they do make sense, bu in a weird way
btw, Lollipop sucks, dont judge him on that. i reckon thats jus a pop song, get a few more sales

Maknbeats

Back to Work
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 56
the album is amazing, except for lollipop and the tpayne joint, the other songs bang. Phone home is on some other shit Cool and Dre did there thing on that, but i would have to say my joint is Let the Beat Build, sample so hott and i love how your just waiting for the hit and it BANGS. I think all the songs are great, obviously not on a lupe style, it's a different style that some people just hate on, i mean some of it seems 'elementary' but it's all off the top of the head.. and he gets on his serious tip with Misunderstood. even if people hate on it, i know i'm gonna be bumping it in the whipp!!!!!!! I dont give a finger in the middle lol

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
the album is hot, period... I dont wanna knock others views, but i feel alot of cats who dont feel the album are just saying that becasue they never gave it a chance.... Alot of cats hate on wayne casue he aint part of the "old guard" of hip hop.... If wayne was from brooklyn and rhyming over DJ premire beats.. alot of dudes would be singing a different tune...

What makes wayne hot is the fact that he gots his own style...

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
If wayne was from brooklyn and rhyming over DJ premire beats.. alot of dudes would be singing a different tune...

sorry cant say that wud be true...were not suckers cuz it wud be a dope beat..Premo produced the NYG'z album and the beats were off the wall but the lyrics were garbage..takes more than a beat it takes real lyrics..and most of the time Lil Wayne doesnt have em

woohff

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
sorry cant say that wud be true...were not suckers cuz it wud be a dope beat..Premo produced the NYG'z album and the beats were off the wall but the lyrics were garbage..takes more than a beat it takes real lyrics..and most of the time Lil Wayne doesnt have em
Holy moly... u have high standards Fury, if NYG'z shit is too garbage for u, damn :D

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
the album is hot, period... I dont wanna knock others views, but i feel alot of cats who dont feel the album are just saying that becasue they never gave it a chance.... Alot of cats hate on wayne casue he aint part of the "old guard" of hip hop.... If wayne was from brooklyn and rhyming over DJ premire beats.. alot of dudes would be singing a different tune...

c'mon mate, that's a bit patronising; don't you think?

People don't like it 'cause it's bollocks. If you do like it then good luck to you. Personally I couldn't care less where he's from. He sounds retarded. Like Fury said: Hot beats don't make a hot rapper.

It amazes me that some people think that cause they like something then that means that those who don't like it have flawed judgement. Like someone said to me on this board a while ago: Your opinion is just that: an opinion, not a fact!

Mims has got his own style too as does Soulja Boi.

Maknbeats

Back to Work
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 56
c'mon mate, that's a bit patronising; don't you think?

Yeah i feel you on that, but can Mims and Soulja Boi compare to what weezy has done, i understand what your saying, but they haven't done and put out the mixtapes that he has come up with... I agree with Classic full throtle. All you have to do is listen to the dedication 2 and maybe you will understand it. He has his own style, and people understand that, some of it doesn't seem to be as perfect as lupe rhyme, no offense to lupe because he is one of my favorites, but wayne is coming off the top of his head, THE TOP OF HIS HEADD! I want to hear people spit like him, have you watched and seen is video's when he's in london?? He's all fucked up on some prometh, but is still making logical sense, sure he is a little cocky and an addicted to syrup which will eventually kill him, but you can tell his music is deeper than how some people interpret him to be.. I think if you listen to the dedication 2 and wayne's world, and the drought 3, it should be enough to get his style and understand it. You may think otherwise, but there has to be a reason that people like myself like him, and it's not because we're dumb or not educated, or dont know what good music is. I think you just gotta know how to interrupt his style. Just my opinion, take what you want

2nd_Man

The 2nd Generation Of Man
ill o.g.
the album is amazing, except for lollipop and the tpayne joint, the other songs bang. Phone home is on some other shit Cool and Dre did there thing on that, but i would have to say my joint is Let the Beat Build, sample so hott and i love how your just waiting for the hit and it BANGS. I think all the songs are great, obviously not on a lupe style, it's a different style that some people just hate on, i mean some of it seems 'elementary' but it's all off the top of the head.. and he gets on his serious tip with Misunderstood. even if people hate on it, i know i'm gonna be bumping it in the whipp!!!!!!! I dont give a finger in the middle lol

yeah, there are some duff songs with wayne, i dont like a millie either. but agree with you on Let the Beat Build, best Ive heard so far (i havent got the leak).
i can understand why people dont like him, but i urge them to listen again, and again, coz after a few listens, to start to really get what he's sayin

some of his lyrics are weak at first, until u realise what he's sayin. for example, "too paid to freestyle", which jus sounds like a stupid arrogant thing to say. but what he's sayin is "too paid to FREEstyle", now the lyrics amazin. its what Q-Tip used to do, lil word play, double meanings, things like that.

divineaspex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Man, I love wayne....no homo, I still listen to those Sqad up tapes, when Wayne really started spittin. I thought the Carter was great, and I felt the Carter 2 was classic, but the Carter 3 is a disappointment. Maybe its because I've heard about 3 of the songs on mixtapes, but either way, the album doesnt have a great flow to it, like the other Carters.

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Lol, I don't like it 'cause I don't like it not 'cause I don't understand his weak wordplays.

"too paid to FREEstyle" amazin........lmao. Please, don't compare him to Q-Tip.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90

See your kinda proving my point. Im not hear to make cats like lil wayne, if cats dont feel him thats fine.. But there is a difference between not liking an artist.and not giving him a chance

How can you compare wayne to soulja boi & mims, those are 2 one hit wonders who will be forgotton in a year or 2. Wayne is 10 years in with 6 solo albums and various EP's and mixtapes.. He has proven he can grow as an artist and has managed to stay relevent. Like it or not, he is one of the premire MC's of our generation...

Again, i feel like alot of this has to do with the fact that he is not part of the old guard of hip hop. (not east coast influnced)

Its ok not to like somebody, but damn, some cats in here are buggin IMO

Im not a fan of madlib's beats at all, i dont like his work,But i still respect what he has done as a producer ,i would never compre madlib to producers like Mr.collegepark, or nitty

Just my 2 cents

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
If you read what I wrote you would realise I wasn't comparing him to MIMs or Soulja Boi; I was pointing out the fallacy of your argument that having your own sound equals hotness.

As for not being part of the "old guard of hip hop": please, don't assume that we are so shallow and ignorant to dismiss someone for having a different style.

Just my 2 cents

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
This is kinda irrelevant, but I'm with classic. Alot of the people I've talked to (not on this site) have dismissed this album and mainstream in general. But how can you really comment on the state of hip hop when you're not even checking for anything?

If you read what I wrote you would realise I wasn't comparing him to MIMs or Soulja Boi; I was pointing out the fallacy of your argument that having your own sound equals hotness.

As for not being part of the "old guard of hip hop": please, don't assume that we are so shallow and ignorant to dismiss someone for having a different style.

Just my 2 cents

Please list your favorite fifteen albums released in the past 2 years

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
This is kinda irrelevant, but I'm with classic. Alot of the people I've talked to (not on this site) have dismissed this album and mainstream in general. But how can you really comment on the state of hip hop when you're not even checking for anything?

Please list your favorite fifteen albums released in the past 2 years

Who are you? The taste police?

So if my taste doesn't measure up then my opinion is irrelevant?

I fail to see the relevance but I'll play along. I presume you mean Hip Hop albums. In no particular order and keeping in mind I'm in China so there's quite a few releases I miss:

DJ Krush-Stepping Stones: The Self-Remixed Best

Madlib-Beat Konducta Vol 1-2

Project Polaroid- The original Sountrack Album of...

Mr Nogatco-Nogatco Rd

Cut Chemist-The Audiense Is Listening

Dilated Peoples -20/20

Planet Asia-The Sickness

The Roots-Game Theory

The Coup-Pick A Bigger Weapon

Jay Dilla-Donuts

Atmosphere-When Life Gives You Lemons...

Murs and Slug present FELT: A Tribute To Christina Ricci & Lisa Bonet (not sure of the date of this one)

Madlib-Beat Konducta Vol 3-4: Beat Konducta in India

Motion Man - Pablito's Way ( a bit disapponiting after his first album but still good)

MF Doom-Special Herbs: The Box Set

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
He has his own style, and people understand that, some of it doesn't seem to be as perfect as lupe rhyme, no offense to lupe because he is one of my favorites, but wayne is coming off the top of his head, THE TOP OF HIS HEADD!

And what rapper nowadays dont???? Just because you can freestyle a whole album dont meen your nice and really IMO he and the rest of these "I dont write rhymes so called emcees" NEED to sit down and write some material that actually make some DAMN sense. what really make this album different from all the mainsteam and some underground BULLSHIT thats already out? What makes this a "classic" album other than the production? Because I heard about 80% of the album played on the radio a few nights ago and from what I heard, lyrically it's straight bullshit mean no disrespect but its staight gar boge.