LL needs to stop

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
seriously.....why doesn't he just stick to the acting? Don't get me wrong, he's a legend and he gets props for what he has been able to accomplish. But going at Jay Z? Stop it LL. A then unknown emcee named Canibus destroyed you. I don't think Jay's the best or nothin but LL is not on his level. Peep:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
LOL you're right. LL did a lot over the years and is one of the best but he's gotta hang it up. Stick to acting. Why is he going at Jay anyway?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Some would say that the Canibus ordeal was the closest that anyone has ever come to destroying him but to say that he crushed LL is pushing it....lol. I do agree that he should give up on the dissing game. IMO he's playing himself if he thinks that dissing JZ is the key to getting back in the publics ear. Then again, you gotta ask yourself, if LL was to make some noise in the game nowadays...how would he do it?...the only, ONLY logical answer is to...come out dissing JZ. Ish, he prolly called JZ in advance and told him...lol.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
its the beat that's soft... the rhymes sound decent... a harder beat, slower tempo, more aggression, and less singin in the hook... and i think it would be better... but i think the rhymes are up to par... but his agression is gone... where's that "Im Bad" and "Jack the Ripper" attitude at? it stayed in Queens when he went "Goin back to Cali"... lol

da relic

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
yeah, it's definitely my opinion but to me, Canibus' "2nd Round Knockout" rivals Nas' "Ether" as the best diss tracks ever. I know LL got the last word cause he kept going, but nothing he said could compare to what Canibus did to him.

And if you really want to show off, we can get it on
Live in front of the cameras on your own sitcom
I'll let you kick a verse, fuck it, I'll let you kick em all
I'd even wait for the studio audience to applaud [cheers]

Now watch me rip the tat from your arm
Kick you in the groin, stick you for your Vanguard award
In front of your mom your 1st, 2nd and 3rd born
Make your wife get on the horn call Minister Farrakhan
So he could persuade me to squash it, I'd saw naw he started it
He forgot what a hardcore artist is
A hardcore artist is a dangerous man, such as myself
trained to run 20 miles in soft sand
On or off land, programmed to kick hundreds of bars off hand
from a lost and forgotten land, you done did it man
You done spitted some wack shittit
And probably thought that because it's been a minute I'd forget it?
Fuck that! 'Cause like Common and Cube I see The Bitch In You
and I'ma make the world see it too, motherfucker!

SICK!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Yeah LL had an entire label behind him...I mean at the time LLs label wasn't gonna let him get trashed...but I do agree that Canibus won the battle (LL won the war)...I got a tie for BEST DISS between him and that joint that CYPRESS HILL did to Ice Cube with the same results, Ice Cube won the war but Cypress killed his @$$.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
This is mega trash, so fake, so forced. I'm glad he's trying to go in though, he does need some fire in his belly... eh.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
I have no idea why he's goin at Jay. And when did he have "the crown" anyway?

he's referrin to a crown from the 80's. That mean's nothing after BIG, Big L, Big Pun, Mos Def, and all the other Lyricists that came out of NY. I never had a problem wit LL. Canibus destroyed him. I don't think he can play wit Jay neither. Maybe his tv ratings are down?

ps: it sounds like will smith wrote this for LL. smh

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
ps: it sounds like will smith wrote this for LL. smh

LMAO I got this image of them vibin in the studio after jackin some soundclick beat: LL: "Fnck dis dude man. Yo Will!! Make this joint jiggy son"

He probably has a album dropping. I hope Jay responds to SOMEBODY... EVERYBODY... SOMETHIN atleast!!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
hahaha but that could be the idea, LL droped some weak ish, waiting for JZ to answer and then LL drops a "MOMA SAID KNOCK YOU OUT" type response and in that song he reveals that this first joint was just bait....LMAO, ya gotta admit though...that was weak as hell coming from LL.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
That New York tracks is dookie...

When I listen to the jabs, I personally think LL busted his shit. One, LL's beat was way better. Two, he flipped everything Canibus said back on him. "Talking bout my book YOU bought to read." Then he fucked Tyson up too.

Canibus is a dope emcee, but he always picks the worst beats.

For the record, the initial event that caused the beef was some bitchassness on LL's part. Making Canibus rewrite his rhymes so he could diss him on the same tracks was gay. But once the battle got going LL said his career would be over in less than a year, and look what happened. I still think Canibus has at least 3 more dope albums in him.

And for the record, I am a huge Canibus Fan. I just wished he could have wrecked the game a lot harder than he did.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
? I think he beat Canibus....

The beat is soft.......The lyrics were ok......But like was said before....if it was a slower tempo and harder beat, it would be a legit track..

But I think he should stop...... It's not cool for old emcees to battle....

He's just mad that Jay didn't push him during his reign @ Def Jam...

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
yeah, alot of people give Canibus credit because he came sooooo close. Nothings wrong with that if you dont mind taking defeat.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Uh Canibus did NOT crush LL Im sorry but Ima have to disagree there. It was the most compitition LL ever had but seriously I havent heard anyone eat him yet.
Im sure its a mtter of opinion , but thats mine.

Sounds like a beat 2 Good used to make :) overall.... the replay value is low

Bwahahahaha! ! ! !

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Basically.... He fucking demolished Canibus...

Canibus had hard lines on probably the worst battle beat ever....

members online