LL needs to stop

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
The Jay Z beef goes back to when Jigga was over DEF JAM...." who has been a staple at def jam for many moons"? I'm surprised most of you don't know this! Anyway...LL didn't like that way he was handled when Jigga was over Def Jam....that's all this is. Not that LL is trying to resurrect his rap career. LL is good..he can go on a world tour doing his hits and eat better than most......

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
The Jay Z beef goes back to when Jigga was over DEF JAM...." who has been a staple at def jam for many moons"? I'm surprised most of you don't know this! Anyway...LL didn't like that way he was handled when Jigga was over Def Jam....that's all this is. Not that LL is trying to resurrect his rap career. LL is good..he can go on a world tour doing his hits and eat better than most......

So he waits for Jays popularity to die down and everyone to start dissing him, then he wants to throw shots? Wack

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
So he waits for Jays popularity to die down and everyone to start dissing him, then he wants to throw shots? Wack

Nah...he's actually been throwing shots......he was throwing shots when Jay was still over def Jam. I've been hearing about there beef for a couple years now.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
wow really? sounds like he needs to become relevant before he starts throwing real shots at anyone

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Poor LL, has been pretty fucked by a label he helped establish in name.

L is prolly the only guy in hiphop who has spent his entire carreer on the same label.
For that matter he is the only artist I know that has been on the same label since he was 16.
He prolly been screwed by them since the start, but he's making decent $ it would appear.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
LL is a beast...

People seem to forget what he's done during his tenure in hip-hop...shit..dude been around for over 20 years....that has to mean something...

But yeah....if you're gonna diss someone, gotta come harder than that....Jay would murk that song..

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
LL is a beast...

People seem to forget what he's done during his tenure in hip-hop...shit..dude been around for over 20 years....that has to mean something...

But yeah....if you're gonna diss someone, gotta come harder than that....Jay would murk that song..

If anyone has forgotten anything, it would be LL forgettin how to get at somebody. dudes a legend. But his NEW shit, aint legendary.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
i cant cosign that LL beat Canibus. Lyrically, not even close. Put it this way:

LL is a better RAPPER. Bus is a better LYRICIST.

LL had a better machine behind him, Canibus had an Ill ryhme book. Canibus won the battle bar for bar, but LL came good enough to let the money get him through.

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
Poor LL, has been pretty fucked by a label he helped establish in name.

L is prolly the only guy in hiphop who has spent his entire carreer on the same label.
For that matter he is the only artist I know that has been on the same label since he was 16.
He prolly been screwed by them since the start, but he's making decent $ it would appear.
the man never bothered to do anything besides rap until someone came along and asked him to act. although i'm not a huge fan of rappers creating a label as soon as they get a deal or put out their first album release, at least they're thinking forward, of the future. dude is still salty that def jam never came to him to run an office superbowl pool let alone anything with some power.

and why would they? he hasn't shown any interest, but that didn't stop him getting all cheesed out about jay z calling shots, but instead of calling out the management/label, the owners and decision makers who do the hiring, he calls out jay 9who was an easy target at the time and was fashionable to bitch about). year and some later, this shitty tune? what the fuck? even the timing is bloody off, did it take a year to finally come up with somethin' when nobody cares?

LL, get your ass into more acting classes and improve. you can always learn more and who knows how long that ncis sister show will last. you have more opportunity than the vast majority of black actors as well as other POC, act like it.....rant over

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
He has his own money..he can put it out himself..

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I could have sworn we have had this exact same conversation at iLLmuzik before. I tried to search for it but all kinds of shit came up and I have no idea if it was here or at another forums because I follow so many forums and blogs.

I just remember the clear difference in people who thought LL took it and the people who thought Canibus took it. And I remember getting almost lynched for saying LL beat Canibus. I think it was at UGHH or something.

What I wanted to add was this New York track from LL and LL in general is part of a phenomenon I am seeing in Hip Hop where people "grow" and forget what it was like when they first started. It's weird to me. I own only 2 LL albums, Bigger and Deffer and Momma Said Knock You Out. All the other ones I have were bought by my wife. Well I never really had LL in my top 10 personal favs or greatest and one day my boy Aaron called me out on that. He swears LL is the GOAT. I kinda laugh at that so he breaks out a Rock The Bells Extended Mix that came out of vinyl. And dude... LL went in fucking sane for about 8 minutes. So here it is:

Aaron's point was that people sleep on how ill LL was because he was way before his time. It kinda gave me a respect for LL that I never really had. Aaron felt that LL's content and delivery of this single song was better than anything Canibus has ever done. This of course is opinion and is debatable to the point of being moot cause I disagree but I hear where Aaron was coming from. When you look at the body of his work and his impact on the game and even this beef with not just Canibus, but Moe Dee and Ice Tea, it is hard for me to deny him his props and say he ever lost to anyone in a straight out battle. Hov would probably be the only one who could prob body LL in a verse let alone a whole song because of Hov's general existence and how it came to be.

So anyway... my point is that over time, people forget and change to the point that they don't even see it. This quote:

"Artistry is no longer encouraged. Wack shit gets played on the radio and becomes number 1."

Guess who said this shit? Sean Muthfukn Puffy Combs. That's right.

Which to me is like hearing a crack dealer complain about how there's drugs in the community. Like he somehow forgot he is partly if not solely responsible for what is happening in Hip Hop right now. Like Jada Kiss said, if Big were alive, none of this Making the Band shit would have ever happened.

I see LL the same way. It is like he has been in the game so long and had so much success that he forgot what really being dope is. How can someone drop a sick ass classic like Who Shot Ya drop some hot as garbage like New York New York? Like he has a bunch of people around telling him he is the GOAT and that everything he touches turns to gold.

And to be clear, I was very surprised and enlightened by Puffy's interview where he dropped that quote. He went on prove my point about how people forget shit and I saw how it applied to me. I forgot that All About the Benjamins is like the most played song of all time. And how many dope ass artists he had come out of Bad Boy, Biggie, The Lox, Black Rob, G-Dep...

So now I don't even care about all the sell out POP shit that has gone down.

Anyway, success and what it can do to people is weird to me.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
thank you , Ominous. That 12" is my era and frankly I dont see cats spittin that ill nowadays, he was before his time.MC's should still aspire to spit that sickly.Including LL
Cooler still that much of the LP was done by LL himself including the very cool and experimental "I nened a beat" in his home basement.

Angel- just cuz he has money doesnt mean that you can just put out a record when you want , he's signed for LIFE it would appear with def jam... They tell you when you can do what.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Yeah but Im betting the label wasnt going to let him dis the CEO, how do you release a recorsd on a label dissin the CEO of the same label?
Like they would throw money behind that.

Game did it pretty successfully. If there's money to be made, It will be exploited

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
LL's aura may have beaten Canibus'....but lyrically it's not even a contest. I can't believe so many people bought into the hype that was Def Jam and the radio. Because of those 2 factors...LL "appeared" to win this battle. But just listen to the words and it becomes clear that Canibus is on a higher level. LL is a legend. But Canibus is a BEAST!

members online