Look at what this asshole said to me...

T

The Bastard

sellin rights to beats for 10-20 bucks on soundclick does sound kinda homosexual. i rather jus let the person spit on it for free and keep the rights

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
im just waitin for this Berserk kid to show his face coz his whole fuckin UKHH forum is dissin me now.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Ok keeping the convo in context , "and stepping on egg shells"

I agree with kevin, I mean u really cant be mad at cats telling u to give away beats when ur selling them at 19pounds. Basically your undercutting the market, this is why I will NEVER sell beats online, there is no future in it.

Persnally, i value my music to much to sell it to somebody for that cheap. FOr me its all about feeling, if i meet a cat, and im vibing with him and he has talent, I may give him a beat for free becasue im feeling him

There have been other sitiuations when ive been offerd a pretty decent amount of money and i turned it down casue i just wasent feeling the MC.

With that being said, each person is their own man(or women) and i can only speak for myself.

Im not even going to touch the forum comments casue i have a feeling this may get ugly

class.....

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
haha... it's gettin UGLY!!!
you're a fool rhythmikal and that's all i have to say.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Rhythmikal said:
im just waitin for this Berserk kid to show his face coz his whole fuckin UKHH forum is dissin me now.

ryth, you need to CHILL, please.

zerk did nothing wrong but tell the whole story, nothing more, nothing less, which is what anybody in their right mind would do. i doubt he was "trying" to "attack" you, but to be honest i have put people on blast on other boards down talking illmuzik before, because that gives us a bad rep....and if you are giving the dudes at that other board a bad rep and he's from there as well, he has every right to give the whole story in their defense.

that being said, 20 bucks... that dont sound like you value your music very much. starting small should never be some discount prices like that... i can see if its your boy and ya'll are doing a full project together or something, or a one time hook up to build on, but realistically, to just offer them up like that..... hey tahts you but it will be hard to be taken seriously if thats what yor rate is, especially working with a motif. the gear says respect, but the price of the product says you dont even value your work that much...

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
ok man, i see what ur sayin.

basically though the low price isnt for me to just go out and spend or whatever, i mean what is £10 or $20 gonna buy me? i just put that up to cover the cost of CDs (i like to send beats out on CD so the emcee got the full quality track), the cost of post and packagin etc.. at the end of the day i dont wanna be paying for someone to use my own beat! but fuk it ill probably take it down.

sAfE.

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
yo FUCK THAT, if you want to sell your beats for 20$ DO THAT SHIT. Dont let these fools tell you you're "ruining the game"

Everybody here knows I got HEAT, and I sell my shit for low prices as well, depending on the MC.

You gotta problem with that?

Slang your shit for whatever you think it's worth.

But damn man, you got dissed hella hard on those forums, I wouldn't go asking for criticism and then strt talking shit when you get it, especially over the internet.

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I don't mind how much anybody sells their beats for, If anything; it's good that they're cheap...
I just felt the folks over here were getting an edited story of what actually happened, it's all cool...
I never really had anything against rhyth until he called me all those nasty things just now...
A bit harsh if you ask me... anyways... fahgeddaboutit

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i still think the dudes comments were out of line.. there is critiquing and there is being an "arse" as the uk dudes would put it (lol) and he wasnt trying to be constructive.

anyhow, it seems like your usual purist B.S about "oh its just greedy to charge for beats, that mentality is ruining hip hop"

hehe ok well if you think somebody is greedy for wanting a small reward for their own hard work, then............

mc's seriously need to check themselves, IMHO an mc needs a producer more thena producer needs an mc. a good producer will always have work whereas an mc needs SOMEBODY'S beats to rock over, it aint like we are hearing accapella albums (not counting the accapella versions being released) and all that...

and hopp.... are you talkin $20.00 cheap? PORQUE?!?!? i understand being an unkown and helping the little guy... but serious... i would do nothing under like $75, and thats only if we are doing multiple songs.

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
I've sold beats for less, and I've sold some for more. I'm just saying people shouldn't hate on another man's hustle, that's HATING.

And I agree, those guys were being extra big assholes, they tore Rhyth a new one.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i got no problem with selling beats for cheap ... when i started out i did that shit all day ...like i would sell a beat for a 6 pack or something like that ... do whatver you want their YOUR beats... promote them how u wish .. i think those guys were a lil harsh on the forum ... but rythmical i dont think you handled the siuation like a gentleman or a professional .. in any hustle your gonna get haters.. you gotta be resilient and take it like a man and keep doing what u belive in.

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
hehe i remember selling a beat online for $200. and i never even did no marketing, just my old ass soundclick page still up there. but i dont really sweat it with selling beats, it aint exactly a secure way of making serious money. id rather get a part time job, and look for good rappers to give free beats to. but selling beats for £20? lol i did that once at school with some rappers, but ofcourse i still own the beats lol, i just gave them a copy of the cd, free money!

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
afriquedeluxe said:
but i dont really sweat it with selling beats, it aint exactly a secure way of making serious money. id rather get a part time job, and look for good rappers to give free beats to.!

lol and u think a job is Secure?.. your only fine until your not needed anylonger

own a bizz thats where the profits at.. Selling beats is secure if u gettin residual income out of the deal..

What about slangin to Locals there is always some Corner cats that will pay $300-whatever for a beat and local Studio's always looking For package deals if ur good enough you bank on those making way more than what u would at some crapy parttime Job Working 30-40 hours A week then u invest :)

Oh and i know the Uk scene alitle too. Question why doesnt everyone Jock Dizz out there when there are soo many mc's thats are soo much better than him?

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
ok ok this is crazy.

Hoppa, Cold Truth, Holmzini, Class, Afrique thanks for the support and disscussin all this shit... its made me realise i need to change some of my ideas... im not sayin i wont stop chargin but im definately gonna rethink some stuff.

Berserk sorry bout callin u a 'snake ass muthafucker', it was just the red mist if u know wat i mean. (plus it sounded good to say at the time). you guys at ukhhf, u seem to have a very close community and i think them guys will always defend each other or whatever. ill keep my beats in showcase i think...

o yeh and the lies... technically not lies as i did mention the guy hadnt heard my stuff etc... and i said it was an email coz i dont want people thinkin im part of that place when i only got 10 posts there.

sAfE.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Rhythmikal, my advice to you: FUCK 'EM ALL. If they don't like what you're doing then they're just hating. Who cares if you're making beats for fun, or selling them for $5,000 or for $5, do what you want. And to all those that think it's hurting the way other producers can sell their beats, then their beats are obviously not that good because if all those guys were making some good money from selling their beats then they wouldn't care what you were doing. Let them hate, they'll still be hating 5 years from now when they're still trying to figure out how MIDI works.