Look at what this asshole said to me...

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Fade said:
And to all those that think it's hurting the way other producers can sell their beats, then their beats are obviously not that good because if all those guys were making some good money from selling their beats then they wouldn't care what you were doing. Let them hate, they'll still be hating 5 years from now when they're still trying to figure out how MIDI works.

well being that it was class, kev and myself who made those comments....

whats midi again? :windup:

never heard of it.

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
You know it's sad to say, but in this world commercially cheap things aren't takin seriously. It's mostly associated with no or very low quality. Understanding alittle bit about the music industry, I know they is no point in being independant if you are still getting robbed. Your selling all your rights, your not even keeping your machanical rights, c'mon. You must keep your machanical rights. Be as professional as you can, and force others to do business right and atleast they'll get some understanding. If you don't influence your clientel with business integrity, then you'll keep getting short changed by people who don't know anything about how the music business goes. It's up to you, I think most of us who are good at heart is just letting you know that there is mad room for you to step your game up. Why do you think people buy acura's over honda's? because it cost more. They actually think it's luxury, but know it's made buy the same manufacture. People fill like they got something when they spend more money for it, that's a freebie. Dre's beats aren't worth 50g's but they sell.

Here's a link to some music contracts, 44 of them. Knock yourself out!
https://www.illmuzik.com/forums/showthread.php?p=95632#post95632

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Kevin A said:
You know it's sad to say, but in this world commercially cheap things aren't takin seriously. It's mostly associated with no or very low quality. Understanding alittle bit about the music industry, I know they is no point in being independant if you are still getting robbed. Your selling all your rights, your not even keeping your machanical rights, c'mon. You must keep your machanical rights. Be as professional as you can, and force others to do business right and atleast they'll get some understanding. If you don't influence your clientel with business integrity, then you'll keep getting short changed by people who don't know anything about how the music business goes. It's up to you, I think most of us who are good at heart is just letting you know that there is mad room for you to step your game up. Why do you think people buy acura's over honda's? because it cost more. They actually think it's luxury, but know it's made buy the same manufacture. People fill like they got something when they spend more money for it, that's a freebie. Dre's beats aren't worth 50g's but they sell.

Here's a link to some music contracts, 44 of them. Knock yourself out!
https://www.illmuzik.com/forums/showthread.php?p=95632#post95632

thanks for the link man.

actually part of the cheap price was because of the quality of the music. im not talkin about creatively, i mean as in the quality of the audio. i cant professionally mix my tracks and they are definately not mastered to industry standard. it just seems like robbery when someone is charging $200 for an unbalanced, unmastered .wav or .mp3 file... but it obviously still sells becuase alot of emcees dont know as much detail about audio as producers do, they just hear the beat.

sAfE.

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
I just sold 2 beats yesterday for 50$

a bill has been paid.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
DJ Hoppa said:
I just sold 2 beats yesterday for 50$

a bill has been paid.

nice 1 blud, u got a link to the beats u sold?

sAfE.

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
nah, i actually made em while the dudes were @ the crib.. only took 20 minutes haha, they were like
"it's this easy??"

i shouldnt let fools in on the beat making process, but these were homies and they brough a Kush blunt for 420 so it was all gravy