Mixcraft vs. Pro Tools

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
Here's the thing.....You wanna make beats for artists, maybe even go mainstream or heavy on underground...

Would you rather come to the studio with tracks made in any DAW then have to render all of the bounced tracks into protools? Or bring PT SESSIONS to the studio with the beats already tracked out?

#1. it saves time...and the more time you have, the more money you could make.

#2. the artist(s) will see that you've taken the step to being professional about your music....

Why wouldn't you want something that the industry status quo?

Now for making beats? That's a different story...I use VST for my PT if I wanted to make a beat in there...

I wouldn't recommend making beats in PT....But you can make some tough beats in it, but that's with any form of music production hardware/software........but that's basically knowing the program.....

it's not that much of a time saver. importing properly labeled and aligned audio tracks is quick an easy and i i can set it to my template from jump with no issue. not always the case when you get sessions, especially because people tend to get lazy and not label any tracks, consolidate or leave either notes about the bit and sample rate (something that should be stated regardless when sending sessions or audio even within the same daw system).

either way, someone shouldn't get pt just for this reason, because if you don't make beats/music in it but with another, you'll force yourself to learn a new system, which quite frankly isn't as good as most daws are for making music. tracking and mixing, it's great. spending cash for another app just to make pt sessions on the off hand that you might be in a studio, imo is wasting money.

professionalism is shown by properly labeling names, sample/bit rate, bpm and your attitude and being on time and organized. that's regardless of whether it's tracked out or session.