Need software better than FL Studio.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Dude I can show you random post on people complaining about the last Disney cartoon, that means nada. Your thoughts on BB is your personal opinion, if they screwed up that bad nationwide there wouldn't be a Geek Squad. HQ can make his own decision, and I'm willing to bet that he will. If changing out his RAM at BB is bad advice, then so is going to a brain surgeon for a headache.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
WOW Dac, just wow. On this one my friend I have to say, you need to get your head out of the sand.

If changing out his RAM at BB is bad advice, then so is going to a brain surgeon for a headache.

Triple wow

BB employee @ geek squad has NO CLUE what he is doing. Needs no training or experience to get the job and really only needs a GED. They ARE NOT COMPUTER TECHS. Comparing them to a doctor who had to go through years of school to get his degree and has to maintain his training to keep his job. Man that is not even the same universe.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
I am saying that @ BB you will not be dealing with a professional that knows any more than you do. They are not worth the money in ANY way and there ignorance can lead to further problems. They are not priced any cheaper than a shop that knows what they are doing. So go see a real pro. Not some flunky!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
So you are saying that YOU can speak for the education of each and every employee that's currently on the Geek Squad (despite their requirements). You're also saying that YOU know each one of their credentials and their capabilities on installing RAM. YOU'RE also saying that each and everyone of them is a flunky...but you triple WOW (lmao) me? nuff said - So my next response to whatever your answer is can be found in my sig... =)

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
one word;

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this looks good in your sig dac! :p

so..logical TS OS;

1. Check your system for a hardware test (mostly found in bios).
2. Grab the ffin manual of the machine, see how to exchange ram (if neccesary). Dont lose any sweat over this, easiest thing in the world.
3. Who cares where you get it the ffin ram, get kingston value ram cheap somewhere and shuv it in. Dont go nuts on specs, you're running an amd ffs (budget imo).

Dac/DP...get a room

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
So you are saying that YOU can speak for the education of each and every employee that's currently on the Geek Squad (despite their requirements). You're also saying that YOU know each one of their credentials and their capabilities on installing RAM. YOU'RE also saying that each and everyone of them is a flunky...but you triple WOW (lmao) me? nuff said - So my next response to whatever your answer is can be found in my sig... =)

Yes actually I can. Geek squad will not hire anyone who is overqualified. Also there is good money working in IT and Geek squad pays crap. So anyone who works there can NOT get a real IT job. So yes, by definition they are flunkies. Now I am sure there are the random exceptions but as a whole they are the WORST POSSIBLE PLACE TO TAKE YOUR COMPUTER!

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
u need more ram bro and im not a fan of amd processor's for music!
use Intel that computer is not great but u def need more ram
i i use reason 6 and love it but im not a fan of vst's so it doesn't bother me plus reason fits my workflow!
1. get more ram
2. better computer
3.or a different pirate version! lol or pay for the soft ware its all worth it!
5. from what i read your problem is u need more ram ive been i was there until i got a better computer and im using a Toshiba as well with an Intel core i5 doul core 16gigs of ram
i use to have the same computer as u and it just sucks for music!

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Just to be clear hehe, you wont get a bsod even when running 1gb of ram on an amd machine. I agree that a lot of ram makes a difference but! You can record at least 54 channels on a macbook core duo 1.8Ghz using just 2Gb. The average hiphop project really doesnt need 16Gb unless you're recording 24 channels AND need to make a monitor mix in the daw itself. That being said, you can get the most out of any system by adapting your workflow so dont use big files but cut up your stuff before hand and use smaller files. Use linear resampling on the mixer as a compromise to relief stress from the cpu when your system is subpar. If your studio environment is untreated and your monitoring is budgetary then you wont notice the difference that much anyway.

H.Quality

ILLIEN
About the best buy thing, I live in Ireland, and we don't have that over here lol
I'll probably get it done at a pretty good computer shop I know of, the guy knows his stuff there

Thanks for the advice+replies, I think you could be right about it being RAM, I'm going to test it soon.

u need more ram bro and im not a fan of amd processor's for music!
use Intel that computer is not great but u def need more ram
i i use reason 6 and love it but im not a fan of vst's so it doesn't bother me plus reason fits my workflow!
1. get more ram
2. better computer
3.or a different pirate version! lol or pay for the soft ware its all worth it!
5. from what i read your problem is u need more ram ive been i was there until i got a better computer and im using a Toshiba as well with an Intel core i5 doul core 16gigs of ram
i use to have the same computer as u and it just sucks for music!

Well money is a pretty big issue, so I think all I can do is make the best with what I have already and just get more RAM, I still need to save up for decent monitors, a new computer would be too much

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
The guy has fucking 2GB of ram... he needs to upgrade it, anyway...... So when he upgrades and it stops, shit...kill two birds with one stone...if not...then it's probably his card.......at least he has ram...

Running 2GB of ram on a Windows computer is not a good look...even I upgraded my shit to at least 3GB....and since he's rocking a 64bit

Doing the memory test is a good look also...

Could be the soundcard that may need to be reinstalled.....

REGARDLESS...you need to upgrade y our RAM....throw at least 2GB in thurr...you could get some kingston shit for like $20-$30...

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
My desktop uses 2.45GB just being turned on and online w/Google Chrome.

69231727.jpg

H.Quality

ILLIEN
The guy has fucking 2GB of ram... he needs to upgrade it, anyway...... So when he upgrades and it stops, shit...kill two birds with one stone...if not...then it's probably his card.......at least he has ram...

Running 2GB of ram on a Windows computer is not a good look...even I upgraded my shit to at least 3GB....and since he's rocking a 64bit

Doing the memory test is a good look also...

Could be the soundcard that may need to be reinstalled.....

REGARDLESS...you need to upgrade y our RAM....throw at least 2GB in thurr...you could get some kingston shit for like $20-$30...

haha fair point

H.Quality

ILLIEN
So I've run the memory test, nothing happened. It started up, ran for 15 minutes, and then shutdown. I didn't see any red, so I'm guessing it passed.
I tried re-installing the sound card, I'm not sure if it made much of a difference though.
Its not crashing mid-beat anymore, but it still does after closing the program. Oh and its happening with reaper now also, so I know its nothing to do with the software at least..

Fuck it, sometimes I just want to go out and buy an all it one Keyboard or something
mVlMJ.png

Does using 2 different soundcards simultaneously make a difference? I use the Focusrite one just for music, and the built in one for everything else. Would that cause problems, like this? Sorry if its a dumb question, I'm just trying to look at every possibility

members online