NEW - Maschine + standalone

Fade

Sweaty beats
Administrator
*** illest o.g. ***
Battle Points: 1

My thoughts right away:
  • Sucks for those with the MK3.
  • Another unit that is not necessarily needed in your setup.
  • Both Akai and NI are doing this now.
  • I find it hilarious that we're going backwards to when all this started - standalone!

Dark East Hip Hop Bundle

Fade

Sweaty beats
Administrator
*** illest o.g. ***
Well it's obviously a way to stay relevant and push new products out to keep business going. However, most people as usual will jump on it without thinking.

thedreampolice

When chemists die, we barium.
*** ill o.g. ***
Battle Points: 21
hahah, I just don't see what a hardware sequencer brings to the table over like Live or Reason. Now I have a blast with my analog synths, but I always just sample them, and bring them into software for more mangling. Idk I thought I would use the MPC one to control my modular but I just don't work that way. Something like Microtonic https://soniccharge.com/microtonic that I can plug right in to Reason gets me more milage and can create more unique sounds. IDK

Fade

Sweaty beats
Administrator
*** illest o.g. ***
That's the good thing about all these choices though - choices! I think a controller with software is the more powerful choice at this point.

That's the good thing about all these choices though - choices! I think a controller with software is the more powerful choice at this point.
Exactly, i actually went from the MV-8800 to FL Studio because it can do WAY more.
The hardware looks attractive though but i don't find them as useful as a DAW and mainly cause FL has a click & play Piano Roll.
And the MV-8800 could only use 1 FX at a time...

Fade

Sweaty beats
Administrator
*** illest o.g. ***
Exactly, i actually went from the MV-8800 to FL Studio because it can do WAY more.
The hardware looks attractive though but i don't find them as useful as a DAW and mainly cause FL has a click & play Piano Roll.
And the MV-8800 could only use 1 FX at a time...
Yeah it's like the MPC - I can do tons of stuff but one thing is the effects suck. However, I use the MPC simply as a tool then use my next tool which is software. Tools everybody.... tools!

Members online

illmuzik on youtube

Beat This Competition