NEW - Maschine + standalone

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.

My thoughts right away:
  • Sucks for those with the MK3.
  • Another unit that is not necessarily needed in your setup.
  • Both Akai and NI are doing this now.
  • I find it hilarious that we're going backwards to when all this started - standalone!
img-ce-seamless-crop-right-maschine-plus-product-page-04-do-it-standalone-f2114b2dadc909e02455a5c89b057b55-d.jpg

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Well it's obviously a way to stay relevant and push new products out to keep business going. However, most people as usual will jump on it without thinking.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
hahah, I just don't see what a hardware sequencer brings to the table over like Live or Reason. Now I have a blast with my analog synths, but I always just sample them, and bring them into software for more mangling. Idk I thought I would use the MPC one to control my modular but I just don't work that way. Something like Microtonic https://soniccharge.com/microtonic that I can plug right in to Reason gets me more milage and can create more unique sounds. IDK

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
That's the good thing about all these choices though - choices! I think a controller with software is the more powerful choice at this point.

DJ Wax-Turtle

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
That's the good thing about all these choices though - choices! I think a controller with software is the more powerful choice at this point.

Exactly, i actually went from the MV-8800 to FL Studio because it can do WAY more.
The hardware looks attractive though but i don't find them as useful as a DAW and mainly cause FL has a click & play Piano Roll.
And the MV-8800 could only use 1 FX at a time...

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Exactly, i actually went from the MV-8800 to FL Studio because it can do WAY more.
The hardware looks attractive though but i don't find them as useful as a DAW and mainly cause FL has a click & play Piano Roll.
And the MV-8800 could only use 1 FX at a time...
Yeah it's like the MPC - I can do tons of stuff but one thing is the effects suck. However, I use the MPC simply as a tool then use my next tool which is software. Tools everybody.... tools!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I'm planning on buying an MPC style pad controller. Was thinking of getting the Akai MPD 226. Anyone got any experience with it?
I had the old model but the MPD 2xx ones might still have a slight issue with ghost notes. I don't think it's a big deal but it's something to keep in mind.

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 104
I can confirm the ghost note issue on the MPD 218. It doesn't happen often enough to really bother me, so I just edit the unwanted notes later. The remedy is simple - just loosen up the screws a bit.
Otherwise it's a great piece of kit for the price, plus it comes alternate functions for each pad that seem to imitate some stuff you can do with a real MPC (16 levels, internal swing setting).
I've never used used a proper sampler, so I can't tell the exact quality of the pads, but they feel good to tap.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The remedy is simple - just loosen up the screws a bit.
I thought it was you had tighten the screws?
I never liked the pads on the mpd’s, or the 2500 and 1k’s, I love the 2000 pads and the mpc one pads are pretty solid. Maschine is somewhere in the middle like the axiom pads they are ok but don’t blow me away.
Yeah the originals suck that's why I got the fat pads on the 2500 and they're SO much better.

members online