November 16-20, 2003 - Comments/Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the November 16-19th competition, please post them in here.

Please check the Battle That pages first for answers.

Thanks.

Streetwize

Beat Architects !
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 49
to be honest, the money thing is weak. why is there a need for a prize? personally, i make music for the love of music, not money

make it a battle with no prizes, no money involved and then the best of the best can take part, cos im sure people who are dope will not pay towards this for some reason or another

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
Originally posted by Streetwize
to be honest, the money thing is weak. why is there a need for a prize? personally, i make music for the love of music, not money

make it a battle with no prizes, no money involved and then the best of the best can take part, cos im sure people who are dope will not pay towards this for some reason or another

Its only $10 ..... come on now ..... I make music for the love of it too, but damn ..... aint nothing wrong with a competition that has money involved .... If your not in the music Industry to get paid...... Get Out! because your flooding it and making it harder for other producers to get in the game. We all got to eat some how. Music isn't a hobby .... its my life, so whats better than getting paid to do something you love ..... to me, thats one of the ultimate goals in life.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Beat This doesn't have money involved, instead it's a 5-disk library from Banginbeats.com. So with this battle, we're trying to up the prize and since IllMuzik is hardly bringing in any kind of money at all, this is the best way to offer something to the winner. Sure, it's mainly about the music, but having a prize is a nice incentive for people to practice harder and come with their best stuff.

Besides, who wouldn't want a shot at bringing home a few hundred bucks just for entering an online battle?

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Originally posted by MadScientist
Its only $10 ..... come on now ..... I make music for the love of it too, but damn ..... aint nothing wrong with a competition that has money involved .... If your not in the music Industry to get paid...... Get Out! because your flooding it and making it harder for other producers to get in the game. We all got to eat some how. Music isn't a hobby .... its my life, so whats better than getting paid to do something you love ..... to me, thats one of the ultimate goals in life.

Thank you for that post mad scientist...I'm fed up with all this I do it for the love and don't care for the money talk .....People make me
(excuse my french mods) Fucking sick with that bullshit knowing if they were offered any kind of good money for they shit they would fucking take it without fucking thinking one and god damn half times about it no disrespect to those who say they do it for the love but the onl reason anyone does for the love is because they aint get no fuckin money

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Just to clear things up, we're not trying to just take people's money. We're offering a sort of "bigger, badder" version of Beat This!, by offering money as a prize. Simple. We're not holding this battle every month, only once in a while, so it's not like people have to pay $10/month LOL.

Plus, it's also a way for people to help keep this site afloat. Most people think IllMuzik is a big company with employees, but it's not. Matter of fact, I need to pay my host in a few weeks to keep this site up, and there goes all my money. So the more people that enter, the more it helps this site. Remember, the more you pump into this site, the more I can offer in return. Look at the Audio section. Why is it down right now? Because it takes up lots of bandwidth and I can't afford to get more right now. So if you guys help out, then you'll see more stuff added to this site.

Ok enough of my ranting...

Streetwize

Beat Architects !
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 49
i didnt say i wouldnt pay $10 because i would, i have a paypal account and i have quite a bit of money in there but im just saying, whats the point of people paying and shit, just to win is an incentive enough for me

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Originally posted by afriquedeluxe
i dnt tink ill enta, probably da nxt 1 i will, cuz i wud hav gotten betta den. my beatz aint gd enuf yet 2 represent me like dis

Your shit is good enough and competition will only make you better so enter!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
afriquedeluxe, of course you should enter! You're already a proven champ, I say go for it. I thought you were going to enter and be one of the strongest.

C

Copenhagen

Originally posted by Holmzini
Yo this shits bout to be hot...whos idea was US vs. the world?..fucin genius

Thank you ;)

C'mon guys...you gotta enter this one. If this one doesn't go down well, another one might not see the day...:confused:

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
im definately down with everything that goes down on this site, and i just got a job so that 10 dollars is as good as gone.

K

kojack

I know i'm very interested I'll just see how I can TRY to bring that noise

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
damn i gotta hurry up and getta triton so i can get in dis. i aint makin another beat until i get my triton. Do you have to represent the US just because this you live here rite now?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Nope. Take me for instance, I'm from Montreal, but right now I'm living in Texas. If I was to enter, I'd be reppin' Montreal, not Texas! MTL is my hometown. But I could also rep Texas too if I wanted to, doesn't matter.

B

BeatOff

Originally posted by J-malice
damn i gotta hurry up and getta triton so i can get in dis. i aint makin another beat until i get my triton. Do you have to represent the US just because this you live here rite now?

Why do you need a triton?

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
maybe thats what he prefers to use to make his beats.

Status
Not open for further replies.