November 16-20, 2003 - Comments/Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
We haven't decided on it yet, but I think we'll end up allowing more than 1 beat used. If so, then it would depend on how big the tournament is (16, 32, 64, etc).

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I say that mp3 is better or like other sites that take on the conversion...I won't mention it but you send them the track and they convert it for the online battle brackets....they don't tweak it but its fair enuff that on the producer's end if they are handicapped converting like me....I can't get it to sound anything like the cd or the waves I have....

jclay12345

JClay
ill o.g.
beat battle questions

I never been in a beat battle. Can it be a completed song with words or is it just straight instrumental or both?

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
hey, is there a theme? or just bring out your best? i may have missed it, but i didnt see anything about what direction taht is going. i dont want to hear "make it a battle track" either....!lol. just wondering what it is going to be..... so i can begin work on one for this comp specifically.

M

MindState

Pay

My boy hipped me 2 this site today,we gonna tour with Rza Ghostface Monstar Mob and North Star this year,we one of the best up and coming groups about to surface(Eerie Shores)i was gonna get me and my boy in our group for this battle,butt paying,hell no,number one thats why you have sponsors,number 2 this sound like some scheme from in the paper,ill muzik dot com come correct,no love from the MindState till yall come correct,and dont tell me no you wouldnta wun anyways on some hatin you this an that,im jus speakin the truth,fo real thats why you have sponsors man!you gonna miss alot of dopeness for chargin kats for entry..............State

C

Copenhagen

MindState, Fade, who runs this, has paid the whole thing out of his own pocket since it started some 2-3 years ago and it's only until recently, that he has received a little compensation from his work through minor sponsorships/advertising.
Even though this site has grown tremendously the last year, it is still a small site and therefore, companies see little profit in sponsoring the site. If we could keep this battle free of charge and have companies sponsor the whole deal, don't you think we would?!?!? Last but not least, there is another battle competition similar to ours, which is much bigger, and they even charge approx. $25...so the Illmuzik Battle That! is actually cheap.
Also, remember, the winner takes approx. 2/3 of the pot. If you don't feel it's worth paying to enter the battle to have a chance at winning the pot, then don't enter, that's the rules. We have to do it this way to get the whole thing off the ground. The more people who enter the competition and the more hype that is created about the competition, the bigger it can get and that will hopefully result in more/bigger sponsorships, which will benefit all parties. Until then, people can either choose to support getting the competition off the ground or not...

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
Re: Pay

Originally posted by MindState
My boy hipped me 2 this site today,we gonna tour with Rza Ghostface Monstar Mob and North Star this year,we one of the best up and coming groups about to surface(Eerie Shores)i was gonna get me and my boy in our group for this battle,butt paying,hell no,number one thats why you have sponsors,number 2 this sound like some scheme from in the paper,ill muzik dot com come correct,no love from the MindState till yall come correct,and dont tell me no you wouldnta wun anyways on some hatin you this an that,im jus speakin the truth,fo real thats why you have sponsors man!you gonna miss alot of dopeness for chargin kats for entry..............State

i guess the opening act dont pay like it used to no more.Clown:clown:

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I think that there should be a final format either one beat per entry or a new beat each rond because all of this is confusing I think it should be one or the other

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
hmmm.... i had this long rant about to unleash on this moron from mind state but guervara summed everything up with one word.....

who cares if some no name, third rate opener "gives us love"?

word to anyone else who jumps on for 5 minutes and has a problem with the way things are done here- take your sorry little group elsewhere and keep your trap shut. who cares WHAT your idiotic little mind thinks. for those of you with less of a mouth, we would love to add you to the ILLMUZIK roster, and hope everything you drop is gold. (or platinum)

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Re: Pay

Originally posted by MindState

I never heard of this up and coming group..and I'm not hatin you wouldn't have won anyway chump...Best up and coming groups...Please!! If you were one of the best up and coming groups you and your boy would be finding some hole in the wall spot on toledo to get heard and gettin things together to go on your so called tour instead of bashing a battle contest that only cost 10$ to enter..I'm quite sure your managment can front you 10 bucks I understand that the cost of living in ohio is cheaper than a lot of other places so it really shouldn't be a problem for you to pay 10$ and if you're that nice you would make a lot more than 10$ if you win....Once again if you are part of one of the best young groups coming out why do you even care about this..Or you could be a broke producer/rapper that's not working and can't get any money from mommy to enter.......Go mow a lawn before winter kicks in so you can enter clown!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online