November 16-20, 2003 - Comments/Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Copenhagen

Does everybody have enough beats to do this? I guess it can be done, so if people want to switch their beat during the comp. then they can do that...

monumental

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
i think the money just adds a little spice to the comp, if you don't wanna do it son't go in the other comp.

L

LiKWiD

Ten dollars is a minimal investment in terms of exposing one's talent to the world. I think that it's a very fair amount for an entry fee for a competition of this nature.

L

LiKWiD

What's up Fade! I'm glad to hear that you are a fellow Texan. I have a question for you. Will we be able to submit multiple beats for the screening process? I also like Holmzini's suggestion of allowing the use of multiple beatz during the competition.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Oh shit you're in SA? Damn we gotta talk!

When you signup, there's only enough room to put a link to 1 beat. Once we check that out, we decide if you're in or not, so make sure you submit your best beat. After that, we're sort of "on the fence" about letting people use multiple beats throughout the comp. Right now I think it's a good idea.

C

Copenhagen

Here's an idea to those who are to young to have a credit card...give your parents, uncle, whoever the $10 and let them pay for you. Unless you really have no money or for some odd reason find no use for the competition, I can't see why you shouldn't enter.
Remember, the bigger this competition gets, the more people will sponsor it. This means, that the competition could end up giving the winner a gift voucher for e.g. 1000 manufactured singles of the winning track with perhaps an established artist, hardware, software, interviews in a Hip-Hop magazine (either online or published) etc...but the only way this can happen is if people join and support the competition from day 1.

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Think of it this way if u arnt in this for the money but for the music. If you win the money, put it toward more equipment.

themucka

"The man behind the Hits"
ill o.g.
shouldn't you be able 2 battle here without paying????

i like this site and all... and you guys do a great job moderating and keep it tight...
but.. i notice wierd things... like not be able 2 put a link 2 a site...
what's the harm of posting there music... if he gives feedback.. whynot...
i scratch your back you scratch mine...

not being able 2 battle... this is hip hop... you got 2 battle...
i've been on another site.. for the past month or two... and in there battling section...
i notice that people get betta... putting the pressure on somebody bring something out of you....

now i feell the battle comp....

but there should be a battle forum here with out a doubt....
your denying yourself money... the more crap people talk 2 each other the more they battle on these forums... when the comp come around they want even more 2 solidify there status..give a forum they can get down...
not for nothing i've been gon and everyone still talking about the same stuff...

with battling you got come new everytime... beat battle or ryhme battle...

in my humble opinion battle forums... are what your missing...

leave the showcase for positive feedback.. or just feedback..

i just want 2 know your guys opinion on why this has not gone down yet..

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I hear ya, but as I mentioned before, I was going to have a battle section on the forums but decided against it for now. One reason is because that would easily turn this forum into nothing but battles everywhere. Not a lot of people are interested in battles... just look at the few that we have in the Showcase - hardly anyone voted!

There are too many other sites that have battles everywhere, and IllMuzik is not one to follow trends. It's gotten to where it is today without them, so right now they're not needed.

As for links, we don't allow linking to your own site or other sites similar to IllMuzik because it clutters up the forums, plain and simple. If you want to put a link to your site - put it in your profile or in your signature.

M

maxveritech

I'm really looking forward to this battle! I suppose by putting the entry fee on it, it'll force people to really come with their best material. Let's face it, if people didn't have to pay, the quality of tracks wouldn't be as high!

If you're gonna enter, great! See you there! If not, no worries...

Representing the six one five two, Australia!

cheers,
Max

P

peripheral

"I think the biggest battle in this competition is with self.....Yo, this is a good opportunity to get better at the craft (win or lose) ...competition always makes a champion rise to the occasion...PEACE to ILLMUZIK"

peRIPHeralmedia -

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
ohhh, im stoked....planning on serving some fools.

numerike

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I suggest having a 'Additional Comments' on the signup form coz i just submitted a beat from my soundclick page and is a low quality snippet. Also there should be a standard of the mp3/rm birate so people don't get higher props for having the high size birate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online