November 22-25, 2006 - Comments/Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
This thread is not open for posting just yet, because it's still very early and it will end up being 10 pages in no time. So I started this thread to let everyone know what's up and where to get info on how this works.

INFO
Go here: https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/info.php.
Please do not start a thread somewhere else on the forums, this thread will eventually be opened up and then you can all discuss the upcoming battle. If you plan on entering, start preparing now, and wait until this thread opens up.

*Important: Please remember to read ALL of the info/rules carefully! And remember that there is a $10 entry fee!

You can view all the old Battle That! threads here:
https://www.illmuzik.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52

Thanks.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The discussions are now open. Please stay on topic and try to keep the clutter to a minimum. Refer to the Battle That! section first before asking questions here. Remember that the signup and payment information will all be announced on October 1st.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
cool! I've been waiting for this since i first signed up! *tries to save 10 bucks*

typically, how long do these usually run?

S

Svenghali

The IllMuzik World Supremecy

The Battle-That is right on time. I'm finally steppin' my game up IllMuzik fam! I just copped a PowerMac, Pro Tools and some monitors yesterday. I got a few things to get still like Digi 002 (or possibly the new MBox2), software and the like before I'll officially be "up and runnin'". So, by the time I get the rest of the neccessary gear (and the hang of operating Pro Tools), November should be here and I should be ready to bang ya'll niggas in the head with that real Svenghali music.

I hope all of the "big dogs" come out for this one, cause I'm coming hard. I've always felt limited and at a disadvantage not havin' Pro Tools when entering competitions (no exuses, you work with what you have). But now that I'm gettin' my weight up, I'm feelin' real good about shit. EZ

O

open mind

Svenghali said:
The Battle-That is right on time. I'm finally steppin' my game up IllMuzik fam! I just copped a PowerMac, Pro Tools and some monitors yesterday. I got a few things to get still like Digi 002 (or possibly the new MBox2), software and the like before I'll officially be "up and runnin'". So, by the time I get the rest of the neccessary gear (and the hang of operating Pro Tools), November should be here and I should be ready to bang ya'll niggas in the head with that real Svenghali music.

I hope all of the "big dogs" come out for this one, cause I'm coming hard. I've always felt limited and at a disadvantage not havin' Pro Tools when entering competitions (no exuses, you work with what you have). But now that I'm gettin' my weight up, I'm feelin' real good about shit. EZ
u felt limited because u dont had pro tools?

S

Svenghali

Fade, let the shit talkin' commence

open mind said:
u felt limited because u dont had pro tools?
Sorry Fade, I gotta get him. Because u dont had pro tools? Completely incoherent but it's okay, I think I know what you were tryin' to say. Ummm......NO, I didn't and wouldn't feel at a disdvantage competing against a busta like you, even if I was relegated to using an anolog 4-Track recorder. I'm goin' to do this for you the same way the special education teachers used to do for you when you attended school. Here's the quote Open Hind, "I've always felt limited and at a disadvantage not havin' Pro Tools when entering competitions (no exuses, you work with what you have)". You probably didn't see what I wrote in parentheses. Now pay close attention, here's the point: my tracks didn't have clarity or separation, they weren't sonicly pleasing, so when I would enter competitions and if there was a knock it was always in regards to the sound quality (big up to my homeboy Class for consistently pointing it out to me) and large part of that was due to the equipment I was using. Most of the members who had the clarity that my tracks were missing were using Pro Tools or a similar software based program. Do you understand now???? I mean I understand about the whole learning disability thing and I'm not mad at you son, it's not your fault. It's just you have to think before you speak. For you as a fakeass wannabe beatmaker like you posting tracks must be hard. I'm sure it's similar to when you went to school with the "regular kids". You just didn't fit in and it's happening to you all over again here at IllMuzik, except now it's your beats that are retarded, it must be hard.

Look it's Friday night and you analyzing my shit while I'm gettin' ready to go get some brains from your cousin (that little freak). Here's a suggestion Open Hind, get off IllMuzik once in awhile (no offense Fade) cause you're on these boards more than all of the moderators combined. Maybe you should spend more time working on them wack ass tracks, instead of tryin' to be a smart ass, cause I'ma put you on BLAST everytime!!!!!!!!!

Just enter the BattleThat contest. And think, if you start saving now, you might be able to come up with the entire ten dollar amount in time to join the contest. Go sell some girl scout cookies or some shit. In the illustrious words of Nino Brown in the movie New Jack City, "cancel this bitch". In case you're strugglin' with the whole uote, I don't mean the contest waterboy.

Oh yeah in case you 're stuck on this word hind, here's the definition:

hind1  /haɪnd/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[hahynd] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective

situated in the rear or at the back; posterior:
Marinate on that. I'm out bitch!

O

open mind

Svenghali said:
Sorry Fade, I gotta get him. Because u dont had pro tools? Completely incoherent but it's okay, I think I know what you were tryin' to say. Ummm......NO, I didn't and wouldn't feel at a disdvantage competing against a busta like you, even if I was relegated to using an anolog 4-Track recorder. I'm goin' to do this for you the same way the special education teachers used to do for you when you attended school. Here's the quote Open Hind, "I've always felt limited and at a disadvantage not havin' Pro Tools when entering competitions (no exuses, you work with what you have)". You probably didn't see what I wrote in parentheses. Now pay close attention, here's the point: my tracks didn't have clarity or separation, they weren't sonicly pleasing, so when I would enter competitions and if there was a knock it was always in regards to the sound quality (big up to my homeboy Class for consistently pointing it out to me) and large part of that was due to the equipment I was using. Most of the members who had the clarity that my tracks were missing were using Pro Tools or a similar software based program. Do you understand now???? I mean I understand about the whole learning disability thing and I'm not mad at you son, it's not your fault. It's just you have to think before you speak. For you as a fakeass wannabe beatmaker like you posting tracks must be hard. I'm sure it's similar to when you went to school with the "regular kids". You just didn't fit in and it's happening to you all over again here at IllMuzik, except now it's your beats that are retarded, it must be hard.

Look it's Friday night and you analyzing my shit while I'm gettin' ready to go get some brains from your cousin (that little freak). Here's a suggestion Open Hind, get off IllMuzik once in awhile (no offense Fade) cause you're on these boards more than all of the moderators combined. Maybe you should spend more time working on them wack ass tracks, instead of tryin' to be a smart ass, cause I'ma put you on BLAST everytime!!!!!!!!!

Just enter the BattleThat contest. And think, if you start saving now, you might be able to come up with the entire ten dollar amount in time to join the contest. Go sell some girl scout cookies or some shit. In the illustrious words of Nino Brown in the movie New Jack City, "cancel this bitch". In case you're strugglin' with the whole uote, I don't mean the contest waterboy.

Oh yeah in case you 're stuck on this word hind, here's the definition:

hind1  /haɪnd/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[hahynd] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective

situated in the rear or at the back; posterior:
Marinate on that. I'm out bitch!
wtf i just asked a simple question no need to be mad about nuthin' and you insulting me because iam to long online on a website? get ya mind right.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
scandal said:
Is that a joke or are you being real?

lol bro,

i think its true.

open mind, you probably didnt deserve all of that but you did ask a question which Svenghali answered himself (he put the shit in parenthesis to stop questions like yours and even the thought of it before it even comes up).

Plus you worded your sentence hella weak. Now imagine Svenghali gettin asked a question that literally questions the credibility and mindset of who he is as a person and a beatmaker by someone who can't formulate a coherent sentence. I dunno, its a bit much but you kinda had it commin.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It's fine to shit talk, but let's be reasonable here. We don't want this thread to get out of hand with 10 pages in no time. So let that go. Thanks.

Samuelock, I'll be posting the details tomorrow, either PayPal or Money Order. Can you do Money Order?

S

Svenghali

open mind said:
wtf i just asked a simple question no need to be mad about nuthin' and you insulting me because iam to long online on a website? get ya mind right.

You ain’t runnin’ game on nobody acting like you don’t know what I’m talkin’ bout. What do you take me for? You like to backhand people with them slick ass comments and rhetorical questions as if we're not smart enough to peep game now you “wtf i just asked a simple question no need to be mad about nuthin' and you insulting me..” stop acting like a bitch. I ain’t been on IllMuzik in over a month, and my first post back, you right at me with that nonsensical shit again. This ain't the first time and if I could get at you my man it would be your last. I let your punk ass slide in the past with that shit, but I'm callin' you out. So what you wanna do? I suggest you stay safe behind that computer of yours and keep typin', cause you don’t really want it.

My mind is right Open Hind, get ya beats right. And it wouldn't hurt you to work on your grammar to. Fade! That’s it, cut the tape, it’s a wrap!

I encourage all of the real competitors on this site to jump in the BattleThat! It's only 10 bones man. E Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online