November 22-25, 2006 - Comments/Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i dont listen to afu ra ..... i made that beat in 2002 on reason i dunno when afu released his shit..... but regardless talk is cheap (typing is even cheaper ha!) .. come wit it!! ... its not untill the 22nd ... u cant be that busy ... im gonna be away during that time too .. im just uploading my beats beforehand if u make all the way through ur only using 4 beats thats no excuse .. btw i invite anyone to recreate that beat .. not as easy as it appears anybody decent could do it.. but not as easy as it seems at first glance..

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
I'm bout to shit on Ash in this. :)

nah dont even know if i can enter just yet. Drammaaa goin on

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i'm not tryin to start shit so calm down homie. but that afu ra track is like one of my favs of all time, and i was pissed when i heard your beat which is exactly the same that u won the battle that with. no disrespect just stating the truth homie. and the eddie floyd-check it out track and yours sound like u took a loop straight from it, no offense anyone who samples to make that track. believe me i wanted to fuck with that sample a long time ago when i ran across it, but it has already been done so i left it alone

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
no deisrespect taken at alll .... but its not really a big deal that i used the same sample as someone else .. i dont listen to afu .. met him one time actually but the only song i ever remember from him is one that he did wit genius .. one of my homies is cool wit afus camp .. i think them niggaz is just wild that 5 percent shit doesnt make any damn sense to me its like the most hypocritical, contradictory shit ive ever heard .. anyways back to the topic ....i heard the sample .. and flipped it the way i thought it sounded best period... its not looped.. thats why i said it not as easy at it looks .. the original sample is way out of sync as u would def notice that if u just tried to take the loop and match the drums ... the three sectons i sampled are all deiffrent tempos and rythms.... i chopped evry note on that beat to make it "on beat" ....... bottom line is i dont listen to afu never heard that track in my life and dont care to hear it either.... i made a beat and it won the contest.... now u can call me out ... but people still voted for it and i still made it through the gauntlet with 3 beats before that.... so if I chopped it up like crazy but the shit was wack that would make it ok? ... i fail to see the point u r making....the end result is what matters ... now i got 100s of beats maybe 1000s ... some are loops, some are chopped like crazy, some are sample free, whatever .. i hear a sample and try to make the best beat i can out of it whether it slicing and dicing or just lettin the shit ride wit some extra insrumentation.... if u wanna hear chops listen to my track hung up from the 2nd competition ... now ill put fifty up to anyone that can recreate that exact beat using that sample .. three dog night easy to be hard

MaZaMuNe

AKA Westnyle Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
im in... and no i aint getting knocked out first round with a fucking gay battlefield theme beat... shits different this time around for westnyle!

Good luck to everyone whos entered and it will be a heater comp im sure... may the best producer win...

S

Svenghali

I'm in. Almost missed out. Good lookin' out Fade. Now, I need to put something together for this. What kind of beats are ya'll cats puttin' together for this comp? More street, creative, rapper friendly, clean, what?

O

open mind

one thing is clear if the dudes from last competitions would have major or independent deals then "commercial" hiphop would be much more enjoyable this days.

GOOD LUCK YA ALL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online