November 24-28, 2004 - Post Battle discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Congratulations to ProducerGyal! The only (active) female on here that showed all us fellas a lesson LOL. FrictionBeats, you suprised us all, seeing how you're still a newcomer here, almost taking the title. Good job both of you.

A big thanks to all the judges and members for voting and making this battle so successful. And of course props to everyone that entered. It doesn't matter what spot you placed in, you showed up and battled it out against the best that IllMuzik has to offer.

Most of you are probably wondering why I put the battle from the 24th to the 28th, when in fact it lasted only 4 days. Well, I look at tomorrow the 5th day as our post-battle chillout discussion where we can all talk about the entire battle (plus the original thread is HUGE).

*Fade pops open the champagne....... Who wants some?

ill o.g.
Congratulation pgal. I think you surprised a lot of us. I knew you had skill, but that beat was one of the best ive heard from you. Good work friction, you almost had it.

I Can mos def tell the skill improvement from last year. I said it earlier in the comp, but there was really only 2 or 3 beats that i wasnt feelin. Everybody came through.

IMO, The finalists was a little unexpected . I expected class guevara holmz clev cold and stress to have the final battle but it really switched around.

good work again everybody

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
*passes on the champaigne.

you got a coke in there? i'm sick of pringles. i want some Buffalo Chicken Strips.

welllll heres what i got to say...

all of my expectations were completely exceeeded. when i saw Mark N Vs Holmzini, i thought, ok, poor mark is gonna compete and bring sopmething decent but holmz will win by a large margin... this wasnt out of disrespect to mark, it was simply that the last beats i heard from mark were still relatively rough. i remember giving him basic tips on how t oproduce using a keyboard not to long ago and thinking that he had a lot of potential, he had good ideas and that it might take a minute to flesh out.

then he dropped a heat rock in round one and pushed holmz to the brink of a first round defeat- that could have gone the other way very easily. Mark showed me a whole new level. he came up BIG time and though he dropped in the first round, he showed that he's a great talent in his own right.

Friction took us all off guard. i put my round 3 beat up liking my chances, but it wasnt what i wanted to use...(i left to sacramento the day before the battle and took the cd with the beats i would use and put the wrong one on the disk, which was my round three beat)... i figured it would be between me and class.. as soon as i heard the beat from friction i knew it would be very tough for me to win that round. i had another beat in hand that i was going to use for the final round and gambled on a lesser track for the third round..... and got my ass whooped! hes another guy who came up in a big way and suprised most of us.

P Gyal..... lets see.... where do i start... i have always loved her samples but was never a big "fan". she has changed that here. the first joint- also her last joint- is golden. my girl even loved that from the first few notes. she has a great ear for samples and arranging them. she showed that she is to be counted- or at least considered- in any "?best of illmuzik" discussion. not just because she won, because lets be honest, the guys that she beat are pretty damn good in their own right and it was fairly close.

all in all i think that this was a great event, it was great for illmuzik, everyone showed up and gave us a great show. we should have the next radio show as a compilation of all of the beats that were used... just an idea, but worth considering i think....

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
ditto on truth....

this battle that was some hot shit fo real... i would have never guessed in a million years we would see the final like that.. but friction and pgyal got maaaadd talent. i mean the whole thing was crazy really... clev and guervara getting out 1st round.. i thought i was gettin ousted 1st round too.. markn u got some heat... alot of new dudes i never heard before really came through.. i never heard of rah soul or friction beats and they both came crazy hard on sum other shit... truths beats were hot.. classics were supa smooth.... really feelin stress's beats... cheddas a madman...yo jclay u got to give me that he-man sample man!.. i goooottta flip that one! but all in all dope shite... cheers fam

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Thats illmuziks finest on the Female side no doubt!..........You got skills PG! (course, i dont need to tell u that!:)).......But YO! - CONGRADU-FUCKING-LATIONS PG!!! - - - - U Totally deserve it.....

Great entries everytime, and i had a itch that u might win:)

STEEZ

Frictionbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 51
wheeewww

Ya...I got Whooped! LOL Props to Pgyal.....But my main goal from the start has been fullfilled......To put my name on Illmuzik as a Good Beatmaka...So I feel like a winner.

I for sure thought Holmzini was going to be in the finals...I would've came with something diffrent then, because Holmzini is ILL. but Pgyal surprised me by bringing in her first battle beat....smart move. Thats her best work!.

I was really feelin Rahsoul too, Dope!. all in all everybody brought something to the table......this shit was dope! see you all at the Beat this! competition. im up past 40 post, so i think i qualify now, LOL!!

Peace out!

-Friction

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
PGyal, I always knew you had talent; a very different style that you've mastered. In the back of my mind, I knew you'd win and I'm very proud of you. Going against Friction...tough, I know. We both had our stab at advancing and he stabbed harder. Though his "swords" couldn't peirce your battle-ready shields, he was worth the fight. Congratulations, not only to the both of you, but to all of the participants that were in the ring. I'm glad that people got a chance to hear more of my beats than the only one on my page...hopefully this will get me in with the "Illmuzik regulars" lol

HolLa

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Pgyal had the shit to wreck shop, no doubt she's dope. Good job! She plowed her way through the best lol. I love that track. Lets do it again... soon. I underestimated her beat in the third round but she prevailed peeps really like her and so do I. She had the momentum from the start. Very good battle I must say big ups to FADE!

Most important as well is all the beat battlers who won and lost this was a very good competition and don't get disapointed because the people chose this shit, democracy at it's best.

One lesson I think all you illmuzik peeps should now realize is just because you've never heard a persons tracks before is not cause to sleep. lol. Peeps came out of the closet with some dope shit, this aint a game peeps are secretly working hard on their craft. All I can say is lets do this shit again soon, not next year NOW!!!!

Respect,
THE ARCHITECT

Tha1AndOnlyDJT

DJ Will Kill
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
You are Defintly the worlds best female Producer. im glad to see you win and it inspires me to be a better producer. Shit, today i finally figure out how to sequence my Roland MC-303 with my Akai Mpc-2000. Ive had that 303 for about 3 years. lol. anyway, congrats for takin the win and a big up to everyone that entered the battle. And mad props to fade for running it.

Chedda

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
congrats pgyal, showin all us guys what time it is! well done. i think you're gonna have a lot of fans considering the skill level youve demonstrated in this comp.

ill o.g.
Congratulations P.Gyal! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
I have always told you that you'll win! YOU DESERVE IT!

Great battla ya'll! Way To Go! Everybody had good music and that's excellent as for oneself.

Keep up the good work,
Wings

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
Tha1AndOnlyDJT said:
You are Defintly the worlds best female Producer. im glad to see you win and it inspires me to be a better producer.

Champagne!!! lol

Thanks to everyone, really...

To say that i can inspire some people to be a better producer, is very touching me. theres so many people here that inspire me and theres a lot of new person in the website that inspire me too.

That was a big and nice battle. Next year, i bet it will be more challenging!!!

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Yo! Congrats' P-Gyal!! You beat out some serious ass competition! The beats were tight as hell! Your style is definitely your own, and that says alot in these times. One of the things I love about hip hop is that it breaks all boundaries. It does'nt matter what color you are or where you are from or what your gender is; if you're dope you're dope and that's that! This competition no doubt confirms that!Everybody put forth a hellacious effort and made this one tight ass competition. We should take notes of some of the names in this competition and on these pages 'cause they will be the some of the much needed new flava in Hip Hop. Big up to Fade and everyone at Illmuzik for puttin' it down.!!!
ONE

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
congrats!!!!!!!! everyone came with heat. my favourites in no particular order were rahsoul, classic, friction (oh mayne where did he come from!!!!!! dude got fire!!!!) producergyal and guevara (damn i thought he'd make the finals). anyway it was a battle well run and props to the admin team and the members. gyal did brilliantly, not only are her beats just hot but the mixing is just bananas. friction, what can i say, you is one heavy producer, i look forward to you battling next year.

anyway this was another win for the world team!!! mwuahahaahahahahhaha and next year am competiting, so yall better watch out.

O

Origimoz

PGyal....Congrats and Much Propz On it....Fiction..u diserve as well but...DAMN CHEDDA!!

U KILLED IT!!!

PEACE¬

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
*Fade wakes up with the bottle still in his hand.... Yes, there's plenty of Coke. That's my lifeline (the drink, not the powder).

Hey everyone just in case you didn't see it yet, check the official final results for the whole battle. It's based on all the percentages.
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/results.php

How many of you are interested in having this battle more often?

Status
Not open for further replies.