November 24-28, 2004 - Post Battle discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Carpe Diem

Just wanna say that all the dudes that entered came hard, each beat was nice, and it seems everyone stepped up their game!!!

P Gyal ---> Know u heard it loads, but congrats!!! U came hard, and was nice to c ya win!!!

MarkN ---> Woah man, u stepped up.... That was some nice ish u had, and to make it in a short space of time....lol!!!

Well done guys!!! Lookin forward to next years!!! Cant wait to enter!!!!!

C

Carpe Diem

How many of you are interested in having this battle more often?[/QUOTE]

C'mon Fade!!! Once a season, therefore 4 battles a year!!! Itll attract much more visitors and we'll get more members!!! Plus everyone will step up their game, will be constantly learning!!!

PLEASE?!?!

Peace

Carpe

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
PG : Your beats were hard. I really enjoyed them, they sounded very pro.

quick question : Did you use sample cds/professional loops for your beats?

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
DJ Hoppa said:
PG : Your beats were hard. I really enjoyed them, they sounded very pro.

quick question : Did you use sample cds/professional loops for your beats?

no i cut every samples or loop myself. Im a listener freak. The moment i ear a sound that i like, it can be on a restaurant, or a shopping place, i dont care, i ask the name of the artist. I am lucky enough to have access to some world music. These artist usually use one or 2 instruments in their album... BUT, This job is pissing me off so much that may explain why i didnt produce a lot this year. I know, you all gonna tell me : "Producer_Gyal, did you know theres some program tools that chop your beat for you ??" Answer: yes i know, but i prefer cut them myself. That way, my ear is working and i can have idea about how im gonna put that instrument or loop in a beat.

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
right on, i dont use any sample chopping programs either....

your samples were so clean tho, i had an incling that maybe they were taken from a sample cd i.e. ProSounds Vol. 44 World sounds or some shit like that...

Glad to hear you did it the hard way! (which is the best way!)

MikeMiz

ill o.g.
Producer_GyaL said:
Thanks man!! i am never tired to hear it. It is soo cool... I dont nobodoy to forget that nightmare!!! LOL joke. Who would like to battle me again???

I would like to battle you for a first time. I heard a nice R&B track on your SC page. Just R&B for now though. I couldn't have touched those hiphop tracks.

Miz

Frictionbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 51
battle..wavs

I'll definitley battle again! LOL lets do it!! R&B or Hip-Hop!

alot of those sample CDs I see are wav files & audio...and if you chop it out of audio...you make it a wav, aiff, etc. so its all the same. but I can see your point...chop your own shit!! cool! I dont bother with them too much, but some of them have nice kicks & snares.
But I like to play my stuff mostly.

what do you use to Chop your samples?

Peace out!

-Friction

Hectic

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Frictionbeats said:
I'll definitley battle again! LOL lets do it!! R&B or Hip-Hop!

alot of those sample CDs I see are wav files & audio...and if you chop it out of audio...you make it a wav, aiff, etc. so its all the same. but I can see your point...chop your own shit!! cool! I dont bother with them too much, but some of them have nice kicks & snares.
But I like to play my stuff mostly.

what do you use to Chop your samples?

Peace out!

-Friction

Yeah I agree with you there. I prefer to chop samples myself. That way you're in total control and can mould the sound in a way. Sample CDs are good. I use a few ZERO-G or Time & Space CDs for various kicks, snares, bass lines but most of my sounds come straight off vinyl.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Producer_GyaL said:
Cool Edit Pro baby!!!

word up! i'm an adobe audition [the new version of cep] freak as well! :D
amazing program; wonderul effects; superb multitrack abilities...

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
WingsOfAnAngel said:
word up! i'm an adobe audition [the new version of cep] freak as well! :D
amazing program; wonderul effects; superb multitrack abilities...

yeah, Wings,,,you were the one who put me on Adobe, remember? I love it. I still primarily use Soundforge to chop samples, but I like some of the clean up tools in Audition. Plus recording vocals in Audition is great. I recommend to add Soundforge to scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online