Production opinions? Lil' Wayne - Lollipop.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
The thing is, Relic, take the LCD approach as a joke, experiment with it, and see if it works out. Don't stop doing your other shit though.

Oh yeah Fasho!, when I do it I'm just trying to think hahaha this is dumb as hell.
Then people for some reason like it while Im shaking my head.
Im with you, I spent 20 years trying to make beatles hiphop when I shoulda been doing great balls of fire lol.
I wont stop doing higher level, but its just to see what happens.

Come to think of it I hate early beatles so I see the formula there.

BROUSSARD BEATS

BroussardGoHard
ill o.g.
lmao

you think if i get a fan and place a mic behind it i can make a hit song tooo lmao
cause i use to do that long time ago before i was into music
and don't steal my ideal lmao
call it hood Auto tune ooooo without the wraper

S

Shleemuzzle

yep, don't remember xactly when hip hop went a mainstream, fastfood musik like mef told on 98.3
but i guess erybody wants to eat (and so on)... respect 2 tha God...
anotha question What ways they use to get that slice of bread... lol

shlee

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
I think Wayne can actually spit some hot lines. Like G.O.D mentioned in another thread, if you want to make money in this business you have to make music for the "least common denominator" and Wayne does it better than most! I can not hate on dude for that at all. I won't say Wayne is the "hardest working man" in hip hop but he's definitely the hardest working man doing Rap music. Nobody's put out more records and or spit on as many songs, be it rap or RnB, than this guys that I can remember in the history of Rap music!

If a 4 or 5 year old can't recite your lyrics don't expect to blow up financial in the music game!

Except it or stay underground and do music for the love of it!!! It is what it is and I don't see it changing in my life time or yours!!!! And actually there's nothing wrong with either....I except and appreciate both, commercial and underground.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
^^^ JaRule did the same shit not that long ago.

Im not saying W isnt doing his niche well, Im saying when people say hes the best there is I have to reject that as utter nonsense.

very few people say that....it's just magnified by the "Wayne haters", I've never uttered those words about anybody doing it in this era of music! As long as it makes a reporter put a mic to your mouth (publicity) and every hip hopper under the sun spewing venom at you I'd say the shit to. Anything to keep your name buzzing! Those of us who know he's not the best really don't give a damn when he says it or anybody else. What a man says has never amount to much...its what he does!

D

deedzstreet

honestly hes not even worth making fun of lil wayne has no style heart or love for the music so in my eyes he doesnt even exist

N

Ned Burner

honestly hes not even worth making fun of lil wayne has no style heart or love for the music so in my eyes he doesnt even exist

it seems to me the artist that people tend to hate the most sell the most why is that ?

I agree with most of what you say, but I think he does have some heart.
He put in a lot of work last year getting onto mixtapes, hence he has become the sensation hes become.
Im not much of a fan, but appreciate the work he put in to get where he is.
Only now hes there, it seems to me hes slacking. Maybe all the work hes done has burned him out a little and hes taking a working break. Doing just enough to keep the fans happy. Hes certainly the most talked about artist right now, love him or hate him.

it seems to me the artist that people tend to hate the most sell the most why is that ?
Its all about publicity, the more people talk about him, the more people wanna check him out.
Hate or love its all talk and talk=buzz=sales.

2good doesnt promote his myspace as much as he does his own web page

When I even promote that, lol

Promotion is the weakest link in my chain, along with networking. Im always too busy making the next beat.
I have just started compiling music for my first instrumental album, I didnt realise I had so much music. Looks like a few albums are on the way. And then I will promote like a bastard, once I have a real finished product to sell.
I have decided to time is now to stop waiting for a great mc to jump onboard, and rely just on myself. Try to make a go of it. But no, I wont be taking the extreme wackness or extreme mental disability route myself.
I have a reputation to protect.

deanero

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I don't see why so many people on this thread think Lil Wayne can't rap? I think he's one of the most innovative and genius rapper sof our time. His lyrics make you think and he represent in the top 98 percentile of all modern rappers in my opinion. I bet you couldn't list 10 rappers better than this guy now... in fact I put him in the top 5.
Jim Jonsin I think did this beat? Production value I think it's decently hot. Maybe 8 out of 10? Pretty simple structure, but I like the futuristic sounds and the mix is hot of course... industry standard.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
I haven't heard ONE new rap album with out Weezy on a track or two! From Busta Rhymes to Game and everybody in between. This dude has to be breaking and setting records of some sort. It's bananas hearing how many new singles from other artist that either feature Wayne or T-Pain. The haters can hate but I swear this dude is reallllllyyyyyy getting to the money right now. How does he have that much time to jump on damn near everybodys shit.....shows he has a hell of a work ethic. I don't know anyone present of past that put in more work in the industry.