Rant: Its The World In Which We Live! Whats Your Problem?

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
Alright first off tupac was a big inspiration for me and put me on to the rest of hiphop but i got somethin 2 bitch about ...I think the guy had mad talent, as an artist/writer...a different view on everything ...but i think he started the downfall of hiphop. he went so hard, everyone is trying to portray this thug image he created still to this day, and now the games saturated w/ shitty lyrics and ppl trying to be gangsters that never did a crime in their life. This guy made everbody and their mom wanna be a gangster...I wish hiphop would go back to being about the struggle of life and shyt like that instead of this ima rob u sell you some coke and steal it back shit...ice round my neck, knifes pound ya chest...Nahhh i hate it.

if more people could feel 'changes' as opposed to straight rider i wouldn't have nothin 2 bitch about..but every1 wants to be bad n i somewhat blame pac, somewhat blame society...and completely blame the ignorance of the human population.

btw i know their are other big names in the game that contributed to this but in my opinion pac was an extremely influential person so ima point tha finger mainly in his direction <<

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I know shit exists on the flip, but I'm still somewhat surprised its still out there. especially in NYC. It is what it is. At the end of the day, as long as I'm makin new fans, its all love.

Very well spoken...

ayr0n said:
Alright first off tupac was a big inspiration for me and put me on to the rest of hiphop but i got somethin 2 bitch about ...I think the guy had mad talent, as an artist/writer...a different view on everything ...but i think he started the downfall of hiphop. he went so hard, everyone is trying to portray this thug image he created still to this day, and now the games saturated w/ shitty lyrics and ppl trying to be gangsters that never did a crime in their life. This guy made everbody and their mom wanna be a gangster...I wish hiphop would go back to being about the struggle of life and shyt like that instead of this ima rob u sell you some coke and steal it back shit...ice round my neck, knifes pound ya chest...Nahhh i hate it.

if more people could feel 'changes' as opposed to straight rider i wouldn't have nothin 2 bitch about..but every1 wants to be bad n i somewhat blame pac, somewhat blame society...and completely blame the ignorance of the human population.

btw i know their are other big names in the game that contributed to this but in my opinion pac was an extremely influential person so ima point tha finger mainly in his direction <<

ut oh...lol

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.

This has got to be one of the most misinformed posts I have ever read....First to say that there was a "Downfall" of hip hop is woefully ignorant and second, to blame it on pac is just WOW, guy....just wow.

I know nothing I write will change your mind but....

Consider that hip hop never had a downfall, just the subgenre of the culture that YOU PERSONALLY identified with the most and thus consider to be "Real" "True" or whatever faded out of the mainstream and went underground...thats all that happened didnt it? yep, that was it. Cause its not like after pac died complex lyricism went by the wayside...Pun went PLATINUM in 98....Eminem did 3 mil that next year and went on to be the top selling artist in ALL of MUSIC for the decade (00-10). Mos and Pharoe both went gold in 99 etc etc...maybe there wasnt something as big as the Native toungues movement but there is always music about the struggle of life....shit Slim Shady made a career off of struggle...EVEN WHILE HE WAS A RICH CELEB...he's super lyrical, got dre on the beats and sold more records than anyone...how does it make sense to say that the struggle element is gone from the culture now????

Its not like pac fans didnt like all his songs either...you make it seem like people were only listening to, whatever negative themed songs you think he made.

But yeah the whole idea that hip hop changed or got bad is bullshit...the sound changed cause the equipment changed....the lyrics changed becuase the rappers got younger and we got older...and the industry changed because of the tall Israelis that run the labels.

you gotta step back and look at this shit with perspective, as long as EVERY city in the US has a boom bap scene...and all the one I have been to do, then hip hop aint changed a bit.

I dont think Tupac was really that influencial till he died. And as for thug culture he just borrowed that from others because it was "fashionable" at the time.
Thug culture was popularised by NWA. The way people looked on Tupac when he was alive, was way different to the way they looked on him when he was dead. I have seen interviews with Pac when he regretted the whole thug thing. He owed it to not only himself but his fans, to come clean, and make amends for the thug culture, making songs like changes. But still the "thug life" legacy lived on.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I see both sides of this...NWA started it but Tupac put it on steroids. I Cosign that Tupac as well as most high caliber rappers, get an extra boast when they die, almost as if death is the ultimate prize in the rap game (which I personally disagree with). Nevertheless, the door was open and a lot of cats TRIED to go through that door but was either unsuccessful, or not as successful as Tupac was. Man I miss him and Biggies music.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Yeah. I got a rant. My shit is when I'm performing at show and before i go on, or my peoples go on, when I mention I rhyme, I get the screw face from some people. Especially non whites. I mean, its all good after I rock, then I get the props. i even been told they weren't expecting me to sound the way I did. That shit annoys me. Also, when cats think because I'm white I know nothing about Hip Hop. or when I say that I am not feeling there favorite rapper I get looked at like, "Well, you;re white, what do you know". lol

haha I have gotten this all my life. People at work it would explode their brain if they ever heard lol.
The best part about this though is that when you DO rock out it REALLY blows their brain up.
haha should have seen me in the hey day rockin the mullet(80's right?) and winning battles! That REALLY fucked em up!
Truth is though I got worse than screw faces from white folks!
For real though , think of black folks doing country, Im betting they get wierd ass looks and worse too.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Tupac could make a songs like 'Wonder why they call you B!tch' then 'Keep your head up' and you felt both of them. he was a dude who trully spoke on his experiences weather it was about groupies or songs that made you think. Who else could do that? Biggie was dope, but a lot of his tracks were more dark just look at the titles of his albums. Tupac had some real inspirational tracks.

2infamouz

ill o.g.
This has got to be one of the most misinformed posts I have ever read....First to say that there was a "Downfall" of hip hop is woefully ignorant and second, to blame it on pac is just WOW, guy....just wow.

I know nothing I write will change your mind but....

Consider that hip hop never had a downfall, just the subgenre of the culture that YOU PERSONALLY identified with the most and thus consider to be "Real" "True" or whatever faded out of the mainstream and went underground...thats all that happened didnt it? yep, that was it. Cause its not like after pac died complex lyricism went by the wayside...Pun went PLATINUM in 98....Eminem did 3 mil that next year and went on to be the top selling artist in ALL of MUSIC for the decade (00-10). Mos and Pharoe both went gold in 99 etc etc...maybe there wasnt something as big as the Native toungues movement but there is always music about the struggle of life....shit Slim Shady made a career off of struggle...EVEN WHILE HE WAS A RICH CELEB...he's super lyrical, got dre on the beats and sold more records than anyone...how does it make sense to say that the struggle element is gone from the culture now????

Its not like pac fans didnt like all his songs either...you make it seem like people were only listening to, whatever negative themed songs you think he made.

But yeah the whole idea that hip hop changed or got bad is bullshit...the sound changed cause the equipment changed....the lyrics changed becuase the rappers got younger and we got older...and the industry changed because of the tall Israelis that run the labels.

you gotta step back and look at this shit with perspective, as long as EVERY city in the US has a boom bap scene...and all the one I have been to do, then hip hop aint changed a bit.

first off i love when people instantly get offended when you don't ride tupacs dick. 2nd i should of clarified this, i don't blame pac himself but how a lot of people interpret his music. Many people can't see past the thugs shit and read the real message. He always had positive messages hidden somewhere in his lines, or jus real life shit...But people are stupid (big generalization...blo me) and only hear one side. I guess what i meant to say was the downfall of mainstream hiphop. In reality mainstream hiphop is not even hiphop to me...Underground is def where it's at.

couple other things : eminem is a pop artist. he wouldn't b shyt w/o dre just like 50 n many other artists.
n im not really up on pun like that but from what i've heard he's talkin bout chainsaws n cuttin peoples heads off. throwin a buncha multis together doesn't make you intellectually or lyrically inclined.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Eminem would have made it without dre, maybe it would have taken allot longer but he would have made it. In the studio he is one of the hardest working people in the industry period! It all business and no messing, of course the vodka does flow early in the day. :)

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I'm actually stunned at your last paragraph too...

Eminem is probably one of the best lyricists of our time....as WELL as Pun...now if all you heard was "leatherface" (the song about chainsaws on Pun's last full LP), you haven't heard Pun at all...to make some generalization of one rapper off of one song is rather eh...Pull out that Capital Punishment album....

There was a bidding war over 50 cent...Dre just won it.... 50 was big BEFORE DRE, especially in NY. 50 was making a lot of noise..He was on almost every mixtape dropping joints and even putting out mixtapes before he was even shot... Dre picked them up not because they wouldn't have done anything w/o him...He picked them up because someone else would have and would have made the money that Dre thought he should be making...

Of course you're entitled to your own opinion, but Eminem was not going to be denied....If Dre didn't bring him up, someone else would have.....He was creating enough buzz to do it alone....

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I dont think Tupac was really that influencial till he died. And as for thug culture he just borrowed that from others because it was "fashionable" at the time.
Thug culture was popularised by NWA. The way people looked on Tupac when he was alive, was way different to the way they looked on him when he was dead. I have seen interviews with Pac when he regretted the whole thug thing. He owed it to not only himself but his fans, to come clean, and make amends for the thug culture, making songs like changes. But still the "thug life" legacy lived on.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE WHO AGREES WITH ME!

Plus..."Changes" was a mix of different verses from different songs.

But yes, Pac became a "martyr" for hip-hop....

His popularity grew due to his demise...(see J. Dilla).

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
T.he H.ate U. G.ive L.ittle I.nfants F.ucks E.verybody

I guess some of yall missed that one while he was alive...

At the very least google Thug Life before you go saying that shit was negative or destructive to something. It was about not having the tools to succeed and succeeding. Just becuase some white people in suburbia took it the complete wrong way does't make it wrong.

T.he H.ate U. G.ive L.ittle I.nfants F.ucks E.verybody

I guess some of yall missed that one while he was alive...

At the very least google Thug Life before you go saying that shit was negative or destructive to something. It was about not having the tools to succeed and succeeding. Just becuase some white people in suburbia took it the complete wrong way does't make it wrong.

I dunno man, I have had a lot of black friends and aquaintances, and some of them took it the wrong way, to say its just white suburban kids is just wrong.
I dont need to google thug life, I was very much into hip hop at the time, I saw it and experienced what was going on myself. I dont rely on textbooks to tell me about what I saw and heard myself.
If thug life was all positive, why did pac himself have regrets about that era of his career?

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
2 good i dnt know you or your people so i cant really comment on that.

What were his regets are you talking about bro? The vibe article from prison?

2 good i dnt know you or your people so i cant really comment on that.

What were his regets are you talking about bro? The vibe article from prison?

Im not sure, I dont think he was in prison. I saw it a while back, so Im not sure, Ill see if I can dig it up. Someone sampled it and used it in one of their songs, Ill see what I can find.

At the end of this interview he talks about some regrets, and it shows some of the shit he said before. Like hes not a role model etc. Its not the interview Im looking for tho.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
RANT:
Well I think its just wrong that the British are trying to destroy America by dumping oil into the gulf.
Very crafty though using a petroleum company to destroy our environment!

I was all very for drilling because there are never any spills, then they decitfully blow up one of their rigs to cause catastophe here!

2infamouz

ill o.g.
lmao my biiig mouth. i just say what i think instead of thinkin bout what i say. the whole pac thing was jus some shit that crossed my mind, wasn't supposed to be a valid point or enlighten you in anyway

RANT:
Well I think its just wrong that the British are trying to destroy America by dumping oil into the gulf.
Very crafty though using a petroleum company to destroy our environment!

I was all very for drilling because there are never any spills, then they decitfully blow up one of their rigs to cause catastophe here!

Stop with all the conspiracy theories. You are making yourself look kerazy.

members online