Reason 5

JKIEYZ

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yea today I have officially stop hating Reason and bow down to what may just be the dopest software production package on the market. I picked up my copy today after spending one hour with the demo version this morning lol! and to top it off I finally figured out how to get my favorite VST sounds into Reason's NN-XT (my fav module) Oh Boy New Inspiration!!!!!!

JKIEYZ

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Why did you hate Reason before?

I never really liked the refill sound quality and that kept me from really taking it serious but recently was shown a power user tip on sampling vst's so now I have my own custom library full of my go to sounds and I'm using those to create new in Reason. Reason 5 and Record are both awesome.

The only issue I'm having now is I bought an Akai MPK49 and the note repeat is completely off which kind defeats the purchase so trying to get that to sync up is a pain.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Maschine....that's what I want....that thing shits on any DAW, right now...

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I can't wait to get Reason 5.

I get the upgrade but since I bought Record at Guitar Center I have to go through some retarded way to get my upgrade.

Gay....

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
lmao, other than it can't record multitrack audio, cant use plugins and doesn't have its own built in. Doesnt really have an audio editor per se

ha ha Apples to Oranges my friend :)

Im praying on a later release where we can use plugins.

tekboi

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
*gets ready 2 upgrade*

I'm hoping I will be able set my korg padKontrol up to work exclusively to work with the kong while I simultaneously use my keyboard to play with nn-xt's etc... that would be crazy

tekboi

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
You should be able to do that, with the midi routing. But I only have two hands so thats amazing that you can do both :)

lol

It's just nice to have it already mapped to the padKontrol so I don't have to keep switching back & forth between the drums and the melody. Plus it gives the session a more authentic hardware feel. You know like... back in the day... when you just had your drum machine, keyboard, mixers etc.

That's the main reason I love reason. It's got that old analog hardware feel.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
You should be able to do that, with the midi routing. But I only have two hands so thats amazing that you can do both :)

Hey Dream, its been a minute since Ive used Reason now, but last time I was a heavy user I recall it didnt let you have 2 separate controllers independent to one another and assigned exclusive to particular modules?? Was that always possible?

JKIEYZ

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hmm thats interesting refills have always been pretty high quality, for example

http://www.sonicreality.com/products/miroslav-refills/

is amazing!

like i said refills Ive checked out just dont impress me to me the miroslav plugin vs this miroslav refill is like day and night. Thats why Ive chose to sample the sounds I like from my collection of VI's and building my own library of those sounds and build up from there. You have your sounds you like and I have mine but its no secret that the majority of the refills out on the market are paper weights in sound quality.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
but its no secret that the majority of the refills out on the market are paper weights in sound quality.

I am not trying to hate, but this is not true at all.

Have you used both the Miroslav refill and plugin? Second what about all the props refills? They sound amazing. Also check the prop shop there is some really great refills there that rival any plugin!

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Yes it was always possible, but you have to set it up manually.

Hmmm, i knew u had to set it up manually but I thought it wasnt possible for some reason. Cool, ill have to check that out.

members online