Reason 5

JKIEYZ

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I like the BlueSky monitors the sound great & translate well your sleeping on those

great facts but its stated that Maelstrom synth was listed a one of the many software plugins that was used to help create some patches. Ok great! there were alot of hardware keyboards and other hardware effects units that were used and that all plays a huge part of the sound of omni.The number of hardware keyboards on that list vs. software synths isn't even close and thats were the majority of the dynamic sound of omnisphere comes from.Not just a Maelstrom synth riding solo. VSt's using samples vs. refills using just the synths functions makes a huge difference in sound and makes it impossible to compare the two.

Get over it dude like I said from the beginning I've never been impressed with the sound quality of the refills Ive heard and will stand by that. VST's overall have better sound quality and it really gets down to how the sounds were created. Samples play a huge part of any sound library and for refills not to use them is no surprise and explains the paperweight sound when compared to some of outstanding sounding VSt's that are available.

You may say that people asking for VST support in reason means they don't know how to use reason the right way. I say it speaks volume about the sound library that is available because if it sounded great and could be compared that feature would never be requested. I'm hoping propellerhead will focus on improving the sound libraries that are included and sound designers start to use sample to help build awesome refills libraries for Reason 5 and on and a new and improved NN-XT that could stream samples wouldnt hurt either

Regardless I'm a fully converted reason user but I have my own sounds I will input and build from there

LMAO, umm nope

but its all good man. Anyone who wants VST in Reason does not know how to use Reason period.

Refills are generally smaller because they use the sytnhs in Reason to recreate the sounds. Instead of samples. List to ALL the Pantheon demos and tell me that's not just as good as omni. Like they say just because they are bigger does not make them better.

oh and BTW REASON WAS USED TO CREATE OMNI! Look it up specifically the Maelstrom syth was used to build quite a few of the omni patches and of course a slew of other hardware/software instruments.

So if Reason is good enough to make some omni patches I would say by your own logic it sounds pretty damn good.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Refills are generally smaller because they use the sytnhs in Reason to recreate the sounds. Instead of samples. List to ALL the Pantheon demos and tell me that's not just as good as omni. Like they say just because they are bigger does not make them better.
Pretty sure that the propriety RFL compression format that Propellerheads use is also really effective at cutting down the file size of the audio files contained inside the refill too. Cuz when I used to pack my own all the time the file size of a batch of REX's & WAVS got drastically reduced all the while still sounding great once contained inside the newly created refill.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I like the BlueSky monitors the sound great & translate well your sleeping on those

Nope I have heard them extensively, and I can name 10 monitors off hand that sound way better. Blue skys are not really known to be all that accurate. I was simply saying they are not even close to the best on the market.

Almost all the hardware used to create omni are available in Reason refill form. You realize that those are just samples and that reason has a sampler right? So you could build the exact same patches. Listen to the album "To the 5 Borough" By the Beastie boys ALL THE MUSIC was done in Reason. Also listen to anything by Mocean Worker, all he uses is reason. Or anything by DJ Babu...I can go on. Sorry dude but some many tv commercials and films scores and production beats start or are completely done in Reason.

I've never been impressed with the sound quality of the refills Ive heard and will stand by that

So you are not impressed by the quality of Pantheon? Really? What about Abby Road? If you have NEVER been impressed by a refill you have not heard enough. Or you really don't know how to program a synth and thats cool, but you will be stuck with presets.

BTW I Hate VST's, the VST format is SHIT both Audio Units and RTAS plugins are designed better.

tekboi

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Ha what a joke! First I'm using some of the best speakers on the market BlueSky Sat 6.5

lol those are definitely NOT the best on the market. Does the name genelec ring a bell. Definitely better than anything BlueSky can offer.

JKIEYZ

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
lol those are definitely NOT the best on the market. Does the name genelec ring a bell. Definitely better than anything BlueSky can offer.

Learn to read a complete sentence... I clearly said some of the best not the best

JKIEYZ

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Nope I have heard them extensively, and I can name 10 monitors off hand that sound way better. Blue skys are not really known to be all that accurate. I was simply saying they are not even close to the best on the market.

Almost all the hardware used to create omni are available in Reason refill form. You realize that those are just samples and that reason has a sampler right? So you could build the exact same patches. Listen to the album "To the 5 Borough" By the Beastie boys ALL THE MUSIC was done in Reason. Also listen to anything by Mocean Worker, all he uses is reason. Or anything by DJ Babu...I can go on. Sorry dude but some many tv commercials and films scores and production beats start or are completely done in Reason.

So you are not impressed by the quality of Pantheon? Really? What about Abby Road? If you have NEVER been impressed by a refill you have not heard enough. Or you really don't know how to program a synth and thats cool, but you will be stuck with presets.

BTW I Hate VST's, the VST format is SHIT both Audio Units and RTAS plugins are designed better.

It's pointless talking to you and I get it now. There is a huge letter in every post i've made and it's simple (waitttt for it!!!!) "I"

"I"

its just that simple...If I like blue sky monitors and think there some of the best then thats my opinion based on what I like. Are they the only monitors I use no but do "I" like them yes. I'm using reason and honestly don't need a lesson on whats it capable of. Never challenged that. The fact that I gave a answer different than you upsets you and you began to take this the wrong way based off my own personal opinion. Have you listened to anything? I clearly laid out instructions on how I build a patch I sample from a vst patch and load inside reason's nn-xt and Ive done this as well with hardware keyboards Ive sampled so clearly i'm not a newbie to sampling. I don't need references to songs or artist Reason is the most popular software production program available bottom line and yes lots of great music has been produced out of Reason and I never said it didn't. So getting back to the point you strayed from the sound quality of alot of refills don't move me and I will continue to sample and rebuild those patches in the NN-XT. Just my own preference and you have yours.

I live and work in Atlanta and work with producers & engineers that are up & coming and some very well established so I'm no stranger to music production or the concept of sampling or creating new sounds. This isn't a hobby for me this is my career so I take the sound quality very serious and overall want a sound that "I" (here it is again!) enjoy and it fits what i'm looking for. Obviously you have this conversation confused with someone who really cares what you think if "I" am not moved by the refills "I" am not.You could name every refill and I will stand by what I said 100% your useless facts won't move me either and like I said they hold no value in terms of this conversation. You act like having a great set of presets is a bad thing especially when your sitting in a session and working with a artist and need to come up with ideas on the fly. There are certain situations were programming a synth may fit the workflow.For hobbyist yes programming all the time make work but for a working producer situations vary and sometime having a great preset can spark a great idea and save a session. People will always hear what they want and say whatever they want based on there opinions and everyone thinks differently and you can't force someone to agree with you because you think different than them just respect there opinion and move on. I respect your knowledge about refills and thanks you the input. I'll do me and you do you.

PeaceUP!

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Its all good, not trying to start a fight. Just friendly discussion. But check my resume and pay attention to education and may last few jobs

http://www.chrisscheidies.com/?q=node/2

Also this is the studio I used to do some work at

sweetwater_studio.web.gif

and here is my home base studio I work at now

image_00.jpg

BTW I am a full time engineer and have helped create both VST plugins and Refills.

So I am no rookie to this. I am knocking the blue sky's hard, I just don't think you have heard to many monitors.

Do you thing man, but the Refill format can make some amazing sounds, so don't knock it.

JKIEYZ

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Its all good, not trying to start a fight. Just friendly discussion. But check my resume and pay attention to education and may last few jobs

http://www.chrisscheidies.com/?q=node/2

Also this is the studio I used to do some work at

sweetwater_studio.web.gif

and here is my home base studio I work at now

image_00.jpg

BTW I am a full time engineer and have help create both VST plugins and Refills.

So I am no rookie to this. I am knocking the blue sky's hard, I just don't think you have heard to many monitors.

Do you thing man, but the Refill format can make some amazing sounds, so don't knock it.

Congrats on your accomplishments homie there is nothing like hard work paying off. I'm a full-time producer so monitors we use the blue sky's in our production room i'm open to suggestions i've been begging for an all genelec system so hopefully we'll upgrade soon to those.

I'm sure i'll be purchasing some refills and adding those my collection to pair up with my sample library.

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
Stop fighting or I will burn your studios down with all of you tied to the control chairs after I make off with all the gear ..
Thank you.

Chris that is not your house.

LOL! Hilarious. Doesn't matter what you use to make beats with. If your beats are good, you can be making them with Casio SK-1. It doesn't matter. It's all subjective to the user. I personally prefer FL Studio. Doesn't mean it's the best but it's what is comfortable for me. PERIOD!