Sticky Show Your Setup!

projekt

ill o.g.
my humble setup at the moment...

IMG_0084.jpg

mpc 1000 and alesis mk1 620 monitors on the way, will update when they arrive...

and some records...
IMG_0085.jpg

T

The Arkitekt

yo projekt, I have that same turntable (if thats a pioneer 990), I fukin hate it lol and i'm bout to sell it. did you get it to run a clean and clear signal? if so how? what are you recording it into? I was going to get a pre amp for it but it has one built in that sounds like shit and it can't be bypassed

projekt

ill o.g.
the turnie is just a sony hi-fi unit... i'm running it into the tascam us-122 I/O... the signal is passable, but not great... to be honest i don't know much about the turnie, i got it as a hand-me-down from my folks and i just needed something to play records. i would assume its the same deal as your pioneer...

i'm thinking about upgrading myself, considering getting a numark pt-01 or similar when i get the mpc (i travel a fair bit)..

T

The Arkitekt

oh word, it looks 100% identical to mine, probly just the same unit with different brand stamped on it. I was lookin into gettin that numark joint, it got pretty good reviews for something that cheap

C

charliebrownq88

awesome setups everyone. Im just starting to get into making music ive never done it b4. I have reason and im liking it. I want to get a set up. I dont have a lot of money but what are the more necessary things. I wanna get one thing at a time. can someone help me out??

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
awesome setups everyone. Im just starting to get into making music ive never done it b4. I have reason and im liking it. I want to get a set up. I dont have a lot of money but what are the more necessary things. I wanna get one thing at a time. can someone help me out??

see your introduction post, I'll post more there.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
My latest set up: As of 7/8/09

FROM LEFT TO RIGHT: Hand built rack with two Amps and a Mic Pre, YAMAHA Pro Mix01 mixer, MPC 2K, NEW Akai APC40 for Ableton (I'm loving it so far....free's me up from fooling with the mouse for everything),M-Audio Axiom 25, dual monitors, KRK ROKIT 8'S, (far right) MacBook(mainly for DJing), (way in the back) SE Reflexion filter and MIC, (things u can't see) PV18 SUB and my new HP Quadcore desktop, 2 Vestax PDX-2000 Turntables and the Vestax VCI-100 midi controller

Attachments

• AKAI APC40.JPG
    AKAI APC40.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 339
  • dual monitor, Axiom 25 and MacBook Pro, krk 8's.JPG
    dual monitor, Axiom 25 and MacBook Pro, krk 8's.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 353
  • Rack with amp,mixer, mpc2000.JPG
    Rack with amp,mixer, mpc2000.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 336
  • SE ELECTRONICS REFLEXION FILTER.JPG
    SE ELECTRONICS REFLEXION FILTER.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 319

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
my humble setup at the moment...

IMG_0084.jpg

mpc 1000 and alesis mk1 620 monitors on the way, will update when they arrive...

and some records...
IMG_0085.jpg

hey is that wings of song album some serious funk or what?

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Yo Joe... Fuck Ikea that shit is ...Like Radio Stations back in the day quality...
Wonderful work lol, wait till I show my DJ lol...
He still has vinyl in milk crates... Like THAT many records...just Dying in milk crates lolol.

smh seriously I think I like that set up most of all, got that mv 880 too? ha!
Hey where did you get the stand for the MV?
When I post my spot you'll see some of it is still in some hoody back breaking positions.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Nice as set up joe. U got them outlets for power, rca and what ever else in the walls nice and neat.....the only question I got is why didn't u place the outlets down lower. Like in the cubby holes around knee level. That would have done wonders for getting those wires down and out of the way. Would have been an even more sleek look! Shit is stupid nice anyway though!

djjumpinjoe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
After building my second room for my equipment I just found that having up is easier on the back as far as pluging shit in and out .... So on this design i made them all on the top ..... Ya Relic I got that 8800 and to be honest i bought it when it first came out and learned what i needed to on it and I havnt used it since ..... Its a beast tho IMO ..... The funny thing is when i design my studio room and built it ... My drywall buddie said OH HELL NO .... lol ... I guess its a alot more work for all the shelfs and shit but hey if ur gonna do a nice room u need to do it the right way ..... Thx for the looks guys ...

Oh yea almost forgot Relic .... Got the stand from musiciansfriends.com

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/OnStage-Stands-Mix400-Audio-Mixer-Stand?sku=450383

Love the stand

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
After building my second room for my equipment I just found that having up is easier on the back as far as pluging shit in and out .... So on this design i made them all on the top .....

If you're always plugging and unplugging a lot of gear it makes very good sense. I guess usability is much more important. If I was sure I would stay in my house the next ten years I'd probably do something similar.

members online