Showcase - August 10-16, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came up with this today with the guy that lives in the room next to mine.
Nothing here yet.

@TjombaBeats Im not sure if I like it or not, seems like too much frequency clash in some parts. It also goes out of key, good for a horror film or something though.

@MickMain I like this, love the atmosphere and the way it stays really interesting. Bass sounds dope.

@prodbeto I really like this, nice reverse effect on the guitar. Like the choice of instruments. Seems like its missing a bassline, I think it needs one.

@Memento Beats I really like this, it gets the battle beat vibe perfectly. Real nice production.
Very cool beat man, love the rythmic part

Heres a quick flip of the Bobbi Humphrey sampleflip

@stcbeats personally I think the clap is a little loud, the main loop sound is a little back in the mix and I think the clap would suit it better a bit lower in volume. The kick and hats sound fine, I would add a touch of reverb on the clap and hats, just a touch. All the melodies work well together.

@Fury Beats I agree with @Matt-D about the kick at the end, its timing is off.
I like the sample and a couple of the changes, one had real good potential for a great hard changeup and didnt go there, at the halfway mark, but your changeup was dope after and should have carried on a bit, except for the drums being out of time.

@Matt-D I really like this, my only critique is the kick that is alone for the beat drop outs, it also sounds slightly late, might want to trim a little off the start of the kick sample. Really nice layering, really interesting. The sort of music Id like to make, if I could.

Last edited:

TjombaBeats

Mister Miyagi Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 151
Heres a quick flip of the Bobbi Humphrey sampleflip

@stcbeats personally I think the clap is a little loud, the main loop sound is a little back in the mix and I think the clap would suit it better a bit lower in volume. The kick and hats sound fine, I would add a touch of reverb on the clap and hats, just a touch. All the melodies work well together.

@Fury Beats I agree with @Matt-D about the kick at the end, its timing is off.
I like the sample and a couple of the changes, one had real good potential for a great hard changeup and didnt go there, at the halfway mark, but your changeup was dope after and should have carried on a bit, except for the drums being out of time.

@Matt-D I really like this, my only critique is the kick that is alone for the beat drop outs, it also sounds slightly late, might want to trim a little off the start of the kick sample. Really nice layering, really interesting. The sort of music Id like to make, if I could.

I like that beat jazzy vibe.. Another good flip from 2Good. I need to learn to do flips really hehehe.

GoldenBoy

ProducerDrew
Battle Points: 135
I ran Into this on an 808 sample I was using. Some are meant to do that. On my beat Adrenaline, on my profile it did this to but I fined tuned the 808 a letting hiring in pitch maybe a few cents so when the tale of hit resonated it had more of a tonal center to the note. Almost like making it slightly sharp to get the tale end more on the note instead of below it. If you listen to that beat you'll hear what I'm talking about. Don't know if this is the solution but it seemed to work o.k.

GoldenBoy

ProducerDrew
Battle Points: 135
Interesting. I think the beat would hit harder if you centered the back beat on the half note. The 3 of the measure (more consistently. I see what your going for though. Keep up the hard work

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@stcbeats i like it very catchy tune.
@prodbeto nice simple beat and a very good melody I just think the drums could use some work they sound muffled and the kick drum pattern is good you just had one unnecessary kick that could be taken out then you’re good to go.
@MickMain very good mainstream beat!! I love the arrangement really makes it stand out.
@TjombaBeats very different, I like it! There’s a lot going on but you definitely made it work. I love your creativity with this.
@2GooD Productions that beat knocks!! I love the way the bass hits. Props on making an original
song without using famous acapella bro really shows your skills. The second beat was good too, I didn’t hear the original song yet but I may have to check it out.
@EffectProd_ nice beat but the mix could use some work I think the bass hits a little too hard imo But I love the sounds you used. The same for the second beat.
@slimegreenbeats nice work on the keys!! The only thing I would say is a better piano sound would really make it come to life but it’s definitely good as is.

@MickMain Thank you for your feedback :D Awesome beat man! :D Incredible mix, choice of sounds is on top level. Great arrangement, very subtle changes in the structure but despite this fact beat keeps the listener's attention very well. Amazing job! :D

@TjombaBeats It's also hot here. ;) :D I haven't heard the previous version so I'm going to review the one you posted again. Interesting production in my opinion. I like it. It has very cinematic mood. It could be used in a soundtrack either to a video game and/or a movie. Honestly speaking, I can't picture any rapper rapping on it but I think it's just my impression. A few people mentioned that frequencies clash together and that mix should be improved. Partially I agree with that but considering the overall mood of the beat it wasn't much of an issue to me. I mean those clashes suit the mood of the beat. But again, I'm only speaking for myself. Definitely one of the most original beats I've heard here. I give you :up2: :D

@2GooD Productions Thank you again for kind words sensei!

3561128a89d433c1f2cf51a253efd649.gif

Cold Days- Nice production. I like the voice of the guy who recorded his vocal on this beat. Drums are on point. I like the strings you used. Maybe vocal could be boosted a little bit but overall it's good. :)

Blacks and Blues- Oooooooooh yeah :D Beautiful sample flip! Very smooth. Everything is on point here. :)

@EffectProd_ First beat: Very weird or to put it in better words unconventional drums. Nice low end. Overall, not my cup of tea. But I have to say it's very original.

Second beat (gotta long way to go but im improving) Again very irregular drums. I think hihats are the best part here. Arrangement is poor beat gets repetitive after a while. Mix also could be improved. Again not my cup of tea. But keep going man. ;)

@slimegreenbeats Very sweet sounding piano. Great drums. Very clean mix. Low end is a little bit poor here. Personally, I would add some bass or pad in the background.

NOIS3D -3DBeats

NOIS3D - 3rdDimensionBeats
Battle Points: 16
Matt-D
Nice Beats, the vocals really fit well with the beats and each one give value to the other one.
TjombaBeats
Im personally i fan of playing with pitch with my synth and bass really cool one the effect are well used.
MickMain
I like this kind of intro with fluty belly synths. Nice one the bass and drums give the rythm but i like the mood.

Here is my two newest beats:

Dark Trap Style Beat.

Nothing here yet.

Dragon Hip-Hop. hahaha YHEA!

Nothing here yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.