Showcase - December 9-15, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

WIKTO-GRIZZLY

WIKTO-GRIZZLY
Battle Points: 47
Here's my beat for the week, another submission I would've done for the competition. Got plenty of beats in the stash, and projects I'm working on, let me know what you think. Thanks!

Hi Fam!

Good sound!
Easy and pleasant beat!
I think it’s like a summer evening mood!
Well done! It sounds good!

Hows this as a Hiphop beat?

@TRIPLE EIGHT hardnottokill is gold! all i ask u to do is to remove the cute guitar sounds from sample, remove the acapella, and only loop the weirdass vocal part of the sample that comes in at 00:!6. thats sick af! also put a phaser or smth on the drums maybe? make it sound weird?

@thedreampolice musically, it was really good. specially the drums, i loved that. but the video ... it is a good one, it is attractive, but u need 2 things : 1. remove some lame parts like the slow motion girl shaking ass in the beginning, and add more unique stuff! like when the assshaker went away, the mood that the video had was awesome, it was unique enough to keep me watching, but u need a better idea than ... choosing midi keyboards. like something that people know better, nah? like choosing girls like smth like tinder, but the device showing the ass instead of face. this was an example, it is an awful idea, i know, but it is well known and unique, that's what makes a music video a hit.

@ArvinArmani sounds pretty muddy in the low end, got a lot going on down there, a piano, a bassline and a kick. Filter off the low end of the piano first to give the kick and bassline some room to breathe. Put a cut in the bass at around 80-100 hz of 3 to 6db to give the kick some space to punch. And filter off the very low end of the kick at about 30-45hz this gives the bassline all the room it needs at the bottom. You might also want to make the bass less muddy by lowering around 200-400hz, start at 300hz with a small drop of about 3-6db then either go down the frequency spectrum or up to taste. Try using some delays and reverbs too on the instruments higher in the frequency spectrum. The panning is pretty good, I like that. I notice you have used higher octave piano as well as low octave piano, personally I would separate the two into two separate tracks so I can mix them differently. Just some ideas.

@WIKTO-GRIZZLY Very creative, I like this a lot. I like your style.

@stcbeats when that bass drops though. I like the use of delay, if this beat had more to it it would be a fucking banger. Its a good trap beat as it is, but it could be outstanding.

@K.D.R. This is a dope beat, love the intro. Im not sure if its just me but a couple of the violin notes dont sound quite right, could just be me. They just sound slightly off key to me.

@Jay-Dizzlr This sounds well mixed, I can hear pretty much everything clearly and in its place.

@TRIPLE EIGHT Hard not to kill. Dope instrumental but I hate the pella. The vocal chop gets a bit much too. I just cant bear to listen to this woman try to rap any more. I think the timing is a bit off too.

@8ight33n From the beginning I thought ooo spicy, then the beat dropped and everything turned into a muddy mess. What levels are the tracks at for this, sounds like everything is maxed out. With a nice mix this could be a very good beat.

@Chad Nice sample, some of the strings are off key and the brass too. I like the panning, it just feels like the sounds arent working very well together as a team.

Last edited:

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 104

What do you think?
Uhhhhh possibly the best creation ever posted on this site? The video reminds me of the type of crazy shit I'd see on TV late at night when I was younger - whoever directed it had a really creative vision and great ideas with the 3d printing and what not. Very nice to look at, even the production value is as high as it needed to be. After seeing a ton of forgettable videos, this is a breath of fresh air.

For whatever reason, a lot of recordings after sometime in the 70s tend to have shitty sounding drums, but on here they pop as they should, great meaty sound.

Great performance @StressWon you did exactly what the song needed - smooth talking to your one night stand or whatever. I'm not kidding when I say this all sounds really tight and professional.

Also, it's nice to know your group is still active, I remember listening to the time travel project when it dropped, I was just a lurker then. But most of all, this was very inspiring, maybe I need to get into this collab shit. I really wish I had a complaint.

@ArvinArmani sounds pretty muddy in the low end, got a lot going on down there, a piano, a bassline and a kick. Filter off the low end of the piano first to give the kick and bassline some room to breathe. Put a cut in the bass at around 80-100 hz of 3 to 6db to give the kick some space to punch. And filter off the very low end of the kick at about 30-45hz this gives the bassline all the room it needs at the bottom. You might also want to make the bass less muddy by lowering around 200-400hz, start at 300hz with a small drop of about 3-6db then either go down the frequency spectrum or up to taste. Try using some delays and reverbs too on the instruments higher in the frequency spectrum. The panning is pretty good, I like that. I notice you have used higher octave piano as well as low octave piano, personally I would separate the two into two separate tracks so I can mix them differently. Just some ideas.

@WIKTO-GRIZZLY Very creative, I like this a lot. I like your style.

@stcbeats when that bass drops though. I like the use of delay, if this beat had more to it it would be a fucking banger. Its a good trap beat as it is, but it could be outstanding.

@K.D.R. This is a dope beat, love the intro. Im not sure if its just me but a couple of the violin notes dont sound quite right, could just be me. They just sound slightly off key to me.

@Jay-Dizzlr This sounds well mixed, I can hear pretty much everything clearly and in its place.

@TRIPLE EIGHT Hard not to kill. Dope instrumental but I hate the pella. The vocal chop gets a bit much too. I just cant bear to listen to this woman try to rap any more. I think the timing is a bit off too.

@8ight33n From the beginning I thought ooo spicy, then the beat dropped and everything turned into a muddy mess. What levels are the tracks at for this, sounds like everything is maxed out. With a nice mix this could be a very good beat.

@Chad Nice sample, some of the strings are off key and the brass too. I like the panning, it just feels like the sounds arent working very well together as a team.
I didnt even mix it man. I meant how is the beat itself not the mix xD it takes days to mix master a beat like this to perfection.

I didnt even mix it man. I meant how is the beat itself not the mix xD it takes days to mix master a beat like this to perfection.
so I wrote all that for nothing? hahahahaha

it has a bit of a John Carpenter feel to it, and the beat is very "house" like. Doesnt really sound like hip hop.

TjombaBeats

Mister Miyagi Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 151
Rough beat done. Made this one with ableton just purchased the gold edition of waves some good plug ins between them. I made this one just dont know if its really hiphop aswell just a beat. Go check it out thank you for your time leave a comment. Constructive critism is welcome.
Nothing here yet.

TjombaBeats

Mister Miyagi Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 151
@2GooD Productions Good beat man i like the strings and guitar tune. Sounds a bit dramatic but fits the beat. I like the outro aswell.

@stcbeats The snare hits the spot on the beginning. I like the peace in the beat like not too full but some good constructed sounds.

@ArvinArmani tanbe it is i like the chords you use but some sound out of place like you could switch some up which might result in a better piece.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Uhhhhh possibly the best creation ever posted on this site? The video reminds me of the type of crazy shit I'd see on TV late at night when I was younger - whoever directed it had a really creative vision and great ideas with the 3d printing and what not. Very nice to look at, even the production value is as high as it needed to be. After seeing a ton of forgettable videos, this is a breath of fresh air.

For whatever reason, a lot of recordings after sometime in the 70s tend to have shitty sounding drums, but on here they pop as they should, great meaty sound.

Great performance @StressWon you did exactly what the song needed - smooth talking to your one night stand or whatever. I'm not kidding when I say this all sounds really tight and professional.

Also, it's nice to know your group is still active, I remember listening to the time travel project when it dropped, I was just a lurker then. But most of all, this was very inspiring, maybe I need to get into this collab shit. I really wish I had a complaint.

thanks for the kind words man! And Lord Lav and I are working on part two of the time travel stuff. It’s lots of fun.

so I wrote all that for nothing? hahahahaha

it has a bit of a John Carpenter feel to it, and the beat is very "house" like. Doesnt really sound like hip hop.
thats why i call it awesome! that's the whole point, at the same time that no one loves that stupid genre, we all gotta admit it's headbanger, so why not rap on it?! that idea would make hits right?

thats why i call it awesome! that's the whole point, at the same time that no one loves that stupid genre, we all gotta admit it's headbanger, so why not rap on it?! that idea would make hits right?
You ever heard of the Jungle Brothers, rapping on house beats is nothing new

dustface.wav

Beatmaker
back to respect

Nothing here yet.
I like old-school slow jam vibe and the vocal stabs add some nice variation

Rough beat done. Made this one with ableton just purchased the gold edition of waves some good plug ins between them. I made this one just dont know if its really hiphop aswell just a beat. Go check it out thank you for your time leave a comment. Constructive critism is welcome.
Nothing here yet.
Cool Edm style....but more hip hop orientated? I dig it!

Status
Not open for further replies.