Showcase - July 20-26, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@2GooD Productions i really like the direction you took it love all the layered melodic elements the organ really had me thinks its the goat of this beat. i feel the only weakness is the start i think there are a couple of notes on the guitar and harmonica that sound a little scetchy not out of tune mind you just that there would be better notes for em to land on/finish on. I personally think the track works quite well its has a trippy vibe and sounds "big" cuz of all the melodies reminded me a little of my stuff with all the layering going on (not to pat my own back hahah) anyway gj m8 think with a revision on some of the melodic lines this could be next level

Oh and to those saying stuff is out of tune in this beat you should get your "oh i have perfect pitch" bs outta here im confident nothing is out of tune and my pitch perception is for reals actually quite good hahah :p

Last edited:

crudeking

Delta Force Elite
Wow! :D This beat is great! Cool mix, drums are on point, perfect choice of sounds in my opinion, smooth bassline. I can definitely imagine Biggie rapping over it. :D Incredible job man. :) Howeve, I have to say that your beat scared me a little bit because when it started playing I thought that my left headphone got broken hahaha :D

Nice, clean kick. Good drums. I like that smooth piano melody and the way it sounds. I like that sounds you added around 0:41 in the background. It compliments the main melody on the piano very well. Nice hihats pattern. I have to say that at first I wasn't a fan of that "crickety" sound of them when you pitched them up but later on I got used to them. Overall, very cool beat. I give you a thumb up. :)

Btw, could you please give me some directions on how to obtain that kind of let's call it "paddy" bass that you have around 0:12? I heard similar things many times in trap beats, however, I was never really able to capture this sound. I would be grateful for some advice. :)

Nice guitar playing . :D As I mentioned earlier when you posted your beats in showcase I'm not an expert in this genre but I have to say that I like this beat more than you previous ones. It has nice chilling vibe. :)

This beat is cool :D I like the melody on that synth, I like those choir stabs you have there. From the very first sounds of it I had 50 Cent in mind rapping on it hahahaa :D I don't know whether it's good or not but that's just how I felt when I heard it. In my opinion drums could be a little bit heavier and have more punch but other than that it's a good beat. I like the arrangement, mix is also nice. Good job. :)
@Memento Beats , thank you for your feedback...i really,really appreciate it

Audiobellum

Beatmaker
Nothing here yet.

This beat is nice and chill.
ANY FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED!!!!
Nothing here yet.

This one has a crunk vibe. Was that the intent? Sounds nice.

Anyway, here's mine. I've been reluctant to upload it as I didn't see any benefit to putting it on the internet right now and I doubt I'd ever be able to make anything else like this in the future. These times have been depressing. However, someone I spoke to recently convinced me to put it up. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I notice that I haven't been uploading beats to this site in a while. I'll be back in this showcase with more feedback and one more beat that I uploaded.

Anyway, here's mine. I've been reluctant to upload it as I didn't see any benefit to putting it on the internet right now and I doubt I'd ever be able to make anything else like this in the future. These times have been depressing. However, someone I spoke to recently convinced me to put it up. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I notice that I haven't been uploading beats to this site in a while. I'll be back in this showcase with more feedback and one more beat that I uploaded.

The low end of the piano sounds a bit muddy, reminds me of this.

I would recommend some subtractive equing especially on the piano. If you thin out some of the sounds a little I think some of the frequencies wont sound so muddy. Put a cut in the piano below about 100-150 hz to stop it clashing with the bassline and maybe put a dip at around 350 hz to take away a bit of muddiness.

I like the little flurries at the end of the 8's. Bassline is dope, drums are dope, I wouldnt guess this as one of yours either. Maybe the bassline would give it away but apart from that I wouldnt be sure. Dope beat, and not overly loud.

Haha Thank you for making my day

As for your beat, i think it's really dope. The acapella fits perfectly and it blends really well into the mix, the only thing that could be changed imo is to take some frequencies out the piano melody to make it sound cleaner. But that's me trying really hard to find anything to critique. Great work

Back for another one guys :D

I really like this beat, it stirs emotion and feelings, love the chord progression. Love the slides on the bass. The drums sound good. I cant find anything to give constructive criticism about. Good work, that 3 mins went by very quickly

Last edited:

Audiobellum

Beatmaker
The low end of the piano sounds a bit muddy, reminds me of this.

I would recommend some subtractive equing especially on the piano. If you thin out some of the sounds a little I think some of the frequencies wont sound so muddy. Put a cut in the piano below about 100-150 hz to stop it clashing with the bassline and maybe put a dip at around 350 hz to take away a bit of muddiness.

I like the little flurries at the end of the 8's. Bassline is dope, drums are dope, I wouldnt guess this as one of yours either. Maybe the bassline would give it away but apart from that I wouldnt be sure. Dope beat, and not overly loud.

I really like this beat, it stirs emotion and feelings, love the chord progression. Love the slides on the bass. The drums sound good. I cant find anything to give constructive criticism about. Good work, that 3 mins went by very quickly

Thanks for the feedback. I noticed the subtractive EQ would have changed the feeling of the intro and other places where the bass isn't present, so I automated the EQ so the low frequency of the piano would give way when the bassline is present. So here is the edited version of the beat but, this time for site:

crudeking

Delta Force Elite

@Digitali Musix , thanks for the feedback..yeah i added a little cali funk to it..just listened to your beat..man this beat is slappin..but i think you should work on your mixing...your sounds are dope but they killing each other..you need a little seperation and bring it down a little...but what do i know...i still like it..great work

PRBMBY

so this is for a battle first part is sample I need to use. rest is me. thoughts ?? thanks
definitely not done just looking for direction.

Nicely Done so far. You flipped the Sample really well, keeping it sound interesting throughout the entire track. I also enjoyed the buildup with the adding perc and the break at 0:27.
Though after the break it seems to be kept at low level for a far to long time imo. You go in with the full beat again at 0:54, maybe consider dropping it back earlier and also with a little more Power.
I also have the feeling that the sample sounds a little too dirty at times, running some EQ over it or pitching it up just a little might help, but I dont know for sure on this one tbh.
The high Pitched Short notes throughout the break are great, perfect Sound choice for this track imo.
Will be great once its completly done, keep it up!

I made this beat for a friend of mine, who also raps on it in German. Please lay your focus on the beat though.
I hope you like it, but any feedback is very much appreciated!

prodbeto

Prod. Beto
I feel like u r trien to make this something its not. it has good roots and I don't think its hip hop. but I definitely can hear this on some kinda ad on facebook or something
I understand. Indeed, I tried to build something around the acoustic guitar part and got stuck. Maybe I should've have worked better on the kick/hihat/snare

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@Marc Duncan melody is catchy and i like the beat in general just think the lead needs to be changed up since it gets a tad repetetive after a while maybe at the drop round 1:10ish ? other than that i like the ambient "child noises" hahaha gj m8

@Feel hell yeah bro this is really good, first note on the 808 does seem a bit off but it's not that noticable, really enjoyed the melody and you got a nice groove going very chill good work

@Memento Beats "freefuture x) that first really fast slide on the 808 is fuckiing cool as shit, i like the synth and just top quality soundselection overall, very smooth would not change anything

@OMAR. this is awesome i like the bass a lot hits like a truck when it lands on the kicks you got some funky panning going on in places aswell that was cool, the trippy melody / sample ? bring it all together nicley, good work

@KZA i knew this was gonna be good when i heard the melody at the start, nice hats you got there, i like the layering very smooth production

@prodbeto oh sweet i just recorded acoustic guitar myself for a project, this sound dope wish you kept in more of the low end of the guitar sounds a little synthy here but it works very well with the other elements, that four chord progression gives it a real pop vibe i think its real pretty gj oh the piano cool too

@crudeking hah the 8 bit sounds made me smile i like the "ha" vocals work well, wouold maybe like to see the levels messed with so the bass and thumps a little more and the clap a little more punchy

@prod.bysicksiah this is real good, i really like the kick and snare sounds you used and whatever you did to them nice work man hope to see more of you

@stcbeats nice flute you got there, like the dissonant piano, rythmn section is real high level

@2GooD Productions gonna be honest and say i liked the original more hahah it was real interesting sounds kinda weak now when compared thank god you kept the organ though, dunno man i would personally have doubled down and added a few more melodies just to screw with people :p srsly though i think you lost a bit of that trippy dream like quality in exchange for making it more "mainstream" did like the soft choir though that was real good

sry if i missed anyone

Is this a sample? That's a dope intro melody fam. I like how you switched it up so many times I need to start doing this. I dont know if it's just my headphones tho but it was clipping for me during certain parts.

so this is for a battle first part is sample I need to use. rest is me. thoughts ?? thanks
definitely not done just looking for direction.

This is really good fam, I need to know how to do bass like that. Any suggestions?
New Beat up!
"Not Alone" with hook
Let Us Know what you think

This definitely gave me Em vibes. The full production is chill fam. Is that you singing on it? Dope fam, didn't see that coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online