Showcase - September 19-21, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
So you just gonna give up? lol

Producing like 7 or somethin years n still shit. Not much choice ?

I've tried every last thing under the sun to make a good music. But all turns out shit. So where's that leave a playeR? Tried different drum samples. Different vsts, different daws. All sounds shabby.

Using Sonar 8 (was using cubase), Albino3 (this must be useless), got tonnes of drum samples including '808/909's. and such things.

USe samples sampled from live kits. Personally i think sampling producers is dumb, cos then you have a kick tht's already crushed and verbed thru mastering, so what verb and crush it again? plus the kicks usually have a hihat sound in them too lmfaowtf.

How do you actually make a proper decent beat. I've tried everything, n clearly nothing works.

I've tried snap compression, ny compression, both together. reverb, delay, chorus, layering. Seems nothing actually works.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
When I first joined ILL , the "vets" back then were so mean to me in the showcase lol. BUT I really needed that reality check in order to improve.

So no Iron Keys you shouldn't give up. You should continue to experiment and try new things until you get it right.

I've tried everyhting. Nothing works. Followed tutorials, followed every different advice under the sun. NOTHING works.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
When I first joined ILL , the "vets" back then were so mean to me in the showcase lol. BUT I really needed that reality check in order to improve.

So no Iron Keys you shouldn't give up. You should continue to experiment and try new things until you get it right.

exactly

I've tried snap compression, ny compression, both together. reverb, delay, chorus, layering. Seems nothing actually works.

You've tried it, but did you try to learn it? Shit takes time and I dont know how hard you are focusing but this isnt complex material. You gotta be missing something

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
exactly

You've tried it, but did you try to learn it? Shit takes time and I dont know how hard you are focusing but this isnt complex material. You gotta be missing something

I've tried it = tried many different times and many different ways.

What am I missing. 100k worth of professional equipment probably.

I do everything everyone/thing says. So where am i going wrong. add swing? I add swing. Still same response. Add compression, I add compression, same response. sample drums, I sample em, same thing.

If it ain't music, then it's the street. And I dont wanna have to resort to that.
Just wanna make good music.
Seems it ain't possible unless you got major dough, there's clearly some kinda secret tpeople ain't letting in on.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Its obviously your POV, I told you, you dont need any of that shit except better drums, I told you how to find them (the internet, ask google). Your swing aint have no swing, google J Dilla.

My setup isnt over $700 fam: Laptop, Midi Keyboard and I was in business. I aint say your beats were shit, YOU said that. I said they were good skeletons, NOT finished products, you GOT TO put more effort in: Get better drums and focus on getting better musically then better mixing.

You obviously have an issue with your quality, I told you what to do, are you gonna sit on a forum debating it? or get to work improving??

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Drums are shit. Sounds are shit. Track is shit.

Dunno how I'm meant to improve on that. *shrugs* genuinely lookinf for help, cos *have*to make it at this music shit. It's a not a choice. It's a must. Seems no matter which road i take, no one can help.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Drums are shit. Sounds are shit. Track is shit.

Dunno how I'm meant to improve on that. *shrugs* genuinely lookinf for help, cos *have*to make it at this music shit. It's a not a choice. It's a must. Seems no matter which road i take, no one can help.

I just told you what to do. Did you read anything I typed?

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Its obviously your POV, I told you, you dont need any of that shit except better drums, I told you how to find them (the internet, ask google). Your swing aint have no swing, google J Dilla.

My setup isnt over $700 fam: Laptop, Midi Keyboard and I was in business. I aint say your beats were shit, YOU said that. I said they were good skeletons, NOT finished products, you GOT TO put more effort in: Get better drums and focus on getting better musically then better mixing.

You obviously have an issue with your quality, I told you what to do, are you gonna sit on a forum debating it? or get to work improving??

I've tried google/internet. All I find is the same shit drums, same shit samples, the same kick with half a hihat/congo in. I'm using shit like albino, i duno what shynth is the 'proper' synth i should use. I've tried loads of different ones. They all end up the same. I add a 'tiny' reverb, people say needs more vebr/thicker sound. i add more verb, is eithe 'too much' or not enough. aint no middle. How fuck am i menna succeed in this shit, when it seems aconsttant catch 22. Seems fine for others, what am i doing wrong.

Shit drums.

Okay so record live drums. How to make them sound hench like timbaland drums?

even if record live drums, i bet end up back at same issue.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Ok, so do this, list your influences (Drum wise), you synths arent an issue, its the drums. I'll help you achieve you particular drum sound. But dont list it, unless you promise to get OFF the forum for atleast an hour and put that time into crafting the sound yourself, then coming back and posting what you came up with, cool?

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Ok, so do this, list your influences (Drum wise), you synths arent an issue, its the drums. I'll help you achieve you particular drum sound. But dont list it, unless you promise to get OFF the forum for atleast an hour and put that time into crafting the sound yourself, then coming back and posting what you came up with, cool?

Deal.

And immense love, bredrin. Serious.

Drum influenes... (in terms of the sounds of individual 'hits') ... Timbaland. DJ Khalil... particularly tracks like 'Timb - Come And Get Me', Khalil - Footsteps(clipse ft kobe), Storch - Show it off (majic massey). and timbo 'give it to me' <- the bass and kick in that track are thorough.

Again, mad love for all help.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
I'll be back in a bit

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
This is really not the forum for this debate....3 damn pages and two beats!

Iron..calm down...take a deep breath....relax.

If u can't take the heat here...on the real....making music is not for you. NOBODY SAID YOUR MUSIC IS BULLSHIT.....NOBODY!

Everybody starts somewhere and even pruducers here that make hot beats sometimes fall short. You are under the impression that it takes thousands to be a decent beat maker/producer..that is simply not the case.

U keep mentioning making shit "like Timbo"....that's cool. It's a great place to learn. But what are you doing? Have u tried to recreate ONE Timbo track? If not GET TO IT DAMN IT.

We're not here to hold your hand but most of us here take pride in helping the new peeps.

Here's my challenge to you....I want you to find 10 tracks that you love....do all you can with what you have to recreate them. I mean everything, down to the effect they might have put on a horn! If you find that you don't have half of those or similar sounds, you have no damn choice but to up your sample/instrument game. U should be able to turn on the radio and hear a sound and say "hey...I know that instrument or something similar"....if you can't your sounds are ass or out of date. Everybody and I mean everybody that is serious about this shit immitated somebodys music before they developed there on sound. And even some still didn't develope there own style but can make bangers.

If somebody has a couple grand to spend and come to you for a Dre type beat...what the fuck are you going to do...let that money go.....hell no! You'll be trying your hardest to do Dre!

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
This is really not the forum for this debate....3 damn pages and two beats!

Iron..calm down...take a deep breath....relax.

If u can't take the heat here...on the real....making music is not for you. NOBODY SAID YOUR MUSIC IS BULLSHIT.....NOBODY!

Everybody starts somewhere and even pruducers here that make hot beats sometimes fall short. You are under the impression that it takes thousands to be a decent beat maker/producer..that is simply not the case.

U keep mentioning making shit "like Timbo"....that's cool. It's a great place to learn. But what are you doing? Have u tried to recreate ONE Timbo track? If not GET TO IT DAMN IT.

We're not here to hold your hand but most of us here take pride in helping the new peeps.

Here's my challenge to you....I want you to find 10 tracks that you love....do all you can with what you have to recreate them. I mean everything, down to the effect they might have put on a horn! If you find that you don't have half of those or similar sounds, you have no damn choice but to up your sample/instrument game. U should be able to turn on the radio and hear a sound and say "hey...I know that instrument or something similar"....if you can't your sounds are ass or out of date. Everybody and I mean everybody that is serious about this shit immitated somebodys music before they developed there on sound. And even some still didn't develope there own style but can make bangers.

If somebody has a couple grand to spend and come to you for a Dre type beat...what the fuck are you going to do...let that money go.....hell no! You'll be trying your hardest to do Dre!

yeah i know, rahtid bare page on just me. mad love.

tht's the thing, i started trying to replicate dre/storch beats (not fully by choice, just tht's the music that felt 'right' to me, how music 'should' sound.) ... erm the bouncy buzzy... chrisbrown/game 'nice' (storch) was kinda a reference.

Believe i've tried, over n over again, doing the shit that people/things recommend, then tried even more, and more. and again.

i dunno what thing isn't clicking. i've tried pretty much everything, other than paying major dough for a pro, or studio, or expensive music course.

that lasdt one i linked, is my kinda interpretation of workin in a 'storch' style.

I got one i working on now that is more 'timbo' tho it feels less n less the more i listen to it, i keep changing the eq on the bass synth, changing levels, changing eq, changing sends, etc etc, nothing seems to make it right. to me the drums sound 'okay' out of my Monitors, on headphones they only sound 'aright' once the instruments come in. but i imagine if i upload, i'll get same response as the others.

again, immense love for all the help. mad appreciated.

Trust, it may sound like im going nuts(i am), but after years n years of trying, n noticing no real improvement, or nothings that could be released, it feels kinda reaosonable reaciotn.

Lol^

much love.

Status
Not open for further replies.