So, i got a meeting with an A&R from Capitol Records coming soon

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Just sounds funny that he seemed to be hyped as this big dude from Capitol, and now it's like he's not that big anymore with his "little roster."

Heck, Zutaut had a little roster, but one of the bands was Guns N' Roses.

Did he actually tell you to meet him at the mothership on Hollywood and Vine? Really. He probably has a couple contacts, keep your head on your shoulders and I'm sure you'll be fine. You seem to know what you're doing, just don't buy into the crap that people tell you, especially industry people.

-G

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
well his "little roster" is the local cats he was showcasing.....

the original invite was the hollywood and vine.....

but looking back at that, he canceled when i got there so i dont know.

anyhow im sleepin on this for a minute. im gettin in the lab and workin on completely new stuff and scrappin the old tracks. basically i am going to get on my mc grind and see how quickly i can get competent and just put out a demo and shop it everywhere, including this dude....

but seriously, im not to into what he or anyone else is telling me... at first i was a little starstruck because i had this big oppurtunit in front of me but the reality has set in a little and truthfully i just got to be about my grind regardless..... and not gettin caught up in what these industry types are saying..

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
If i were you i would find out if dilated people are actually working on a new album? Cos i didnt expect them to come up with something again, they have been silent for a long while and not that productive on the album tip. Also i dont expect them to shop for beats outside the circle they are in....

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Go to their site and listen to their most latest joints.....and yes for the most part they make just about all of their joints.....its hot and I think they just dropped a bunch of joints, maybe they looking to steal one of your concepts man, like I said b4...listening sessions are great but producers on the inside always looking for good melodies and concepts to jack.....not thats whats up but I already know 3 people personally that are doing good for themselves but they told me the deal LOL ......and this is in the hip hop Record industry AT major labels not some other genre in the industry where song stealing, beat jacking and being bamboozled isn't as rampant....

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
So he canceled via cel phone before you got to the office? Or did you get to the office and his secretary said: "Sorry, he can't see you."

Also, why are you scrapping something that seems to have gotten interest? It doesn't make sense from a buyer's standpoint to solicit your material if you will be completely changing it to a way that is different than what initially caught this person's attention.

Who else can you shop to if you don't shop to this alleged AnR?

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i calle dhim on his cell and he canceled. im not scrapping it... im just gonna chill on it, up my product and come back strong. as afr as the material at hand, its not THAT "different"- its just minor elements being altered.

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
Ey god? Would it have been a good idea for cold to tell that A&R that he wont change up his beats? i mean doesnt that take away from his artistic idea of the beat if he does that? what kind of response would that usually get in the industry if you semi-refuse to alter your music?

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
P_1 said:
Ey god? Would it have been a good idea for cold to tell that A&R that he wont change up his beats? i mean doesnt that take away from his artistic idea of the beat if he does that? what kind of response would that usually get in the industry if you semi-refuse to alter your music?

As much as I would like to believe the story. There are inconsistencies in it. I wish him the best.

Usually, the AR will try to make the sound fit correctly with the artist. I think it would be a rash decision to simply change everything up. If I am correct, Cold Truth is simply changing some things he didn't like.

He's at the beginning of the process regarding AR and music industry contacts so he'll learn through the little knocks and scratches that you get along the way what's going on. He seems to have good common sense.

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
that's dope cold. good luck. Regardless if this is a legit A&R; even it is somebody trying to scam you, look how far they're going to get their hands on your product. You got something people want.

You definitely have the talent, now you just need for the pieces to fall in place.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Do you mind on updating us with this connection?

members online