So what’s the point anymore?

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
@Iron Keys

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
My prediction:

This stuff is moving so fast, soon we'll have separated tracks, plus effects recommendations, all bundled into a file that can be imported into any DAW.

At this point do you guys even know it's me posting this? I could be a bot. We already have a bot on here, we don't need any more.

When did anyone think you where NOT a bot?

hmm-bender.gif

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown

Interestingly it chose to rap in french...

I have to admit AI is rapidly improving. Though the sound quality is still quite poor, sounds like the instruments need refinement. It's the same for AI generated images... Things are still off (especially hands and proportions seem to be difficult).

I can imagine a DJ reading the crowd and playing freshly AI generated songs out of the box...

Glitch Ai GIF by PEEKASSO

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I know people mention that AI isn't perfect right now, but what everyone has to remember is that AI is constantly learning 24/7. There's people everywhere using just ChatGPT alone, but there's tons of other AI tools out there. This is why it's all moving so quickly and why we're fucked.

Leopard Cohen

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 18
My day job is in tech and I'm so sick of all the hype around AI . . .

It's a tool. It can do some cool stuff, but it's not what people think it is.
Everyone is focusing on generalized, end-to-end stuff - give it a prompt and get something back or get unsolicited content or design suggestions from Clippy 2.0.
That's not where the big opportunities are IMO.
Where it will shine is when people can start using it for more narrow, task-specific stuff.

For making beats, the killer app for me would a natural-sounding voice virtual instrument.
Imagine text-to-speech with the ability to control pitch, tempo, tone, etc. across a bunch of pre-built voice models.
It won't replace real vocalists, same as how my BBC Symphony Orchestra VST doesn't replace real orchestras, but it would be pretty cool.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544

Everyone is focusing on generalized, end-to-end stuff - give it a prompt and get something back or get unsolicited content or design suggestions from Clippy 2.0.
Where it will shine is when people can start using it for more narrow, task-specific stuff.

For making beats, the killer app for me would a natural-sounding voice virtual instrument.
Imagine text-to-speech with the ability to control pitch, tempo, tone, etc. across a bunch of pre-built voice models.
It won't replace real vocalists, same as how my BBC Symphony Orchestra VST doesn't replace real orchestras, but it would be pretty cool.
I saw this one somewhere... maybe on here? No saw it from a friend I might have posted here. Some kind of ai vocal studio DAW or vst. But it's online and subscription. Looked decent tho had a couple of voices to choose from and you write in the words and draw/play in the midi notes. You can then edit the vibrato etc looked pretty sick. Definitely would benefit from broader range of voices. But would def be mad handy

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21

They already have that and did you play with what I posted? You can do all you said with the it.

The point is that making music is fun, and a productive way to spend time instead of playing computer games. It can also be very satisfying and rewarding as your skills grow and you start to realise how you have progressed. Fuck AI, computers have no soul and are just a collection of algorithms pretending to be a person by doing what the programmers have told it to do. Im not scared of AI, either in my real job or my hobby.

members online