The College Droput: your thoughts on Kanye's solo effort

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Equality 7-2521

ok ive finally listened to it

verdict....

Kanye = dope

nice beats. something to say. and a reasonable amount of skill in delivering it.

im so happy he isnt one of them wack sellout cunts

word

ill o.g.
Personally, I have to give it up to any artist on a high profile label like the ROC who isn't scared to break the rap "formula" everybody seems to use. At the least, it shows that you don't have to be an underground/conscious rapper to sell records (447,000 copies in the first week). You can be creative and still sell!!!

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
ive heard a few trcks off it , n yeh, its sumtin fresh. da trck im really feelin is dat one wit lauryen hill, 1st time i heard kanye on anotha trck. da only trck id heard was 'thru da wire', i cudnt believe it was him on dis joint.

but yeh i think dis album is dope! so far i havent heard no synth type beats dat r currently floddin da market, da album is different.

and oh, how much in total did he pay to clear all those samples!?!? lol

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Originally posted by afriquedeluxe
ive heard a few trcks off it , n yeh, its sumtin fresh. da trck im really feelin is dat one wit lauryen hill, 1st time i heard kanye on anotha trck. da only trck id heard was 'thru da wire', i cudnt believe it was him on dis joint.

but yeh i think dis album is dope! so far i havent heard no synth type beats dat r currently floddin da market, da album is different.

and oh, how much in total did he pay to clear all those samples!?!? lol

I'd betcha all his artist advances went to clearing samples...

da_rippa

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
da album is hell hot but i wus disappointed to hear alotta old tracks on dere. ppls dats familiar wit im good an get well soon prolly an other projects kno wut im talkin bout. dere wus maybe five tracks dat wus new to me but its hot.

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
i d/l the album the other day just to see what the talk was about and it's like this...

Kanye x 22trks = GARBAGE

F

Frankie Fingas

I think the album was pretty hot the production side of it was nutts, Kanye has madd skills and i know that as he matures in the biz he will be a producer that will be remembered...

UnOwn

Sir Templeton Peck
ill o.g.
MIKELABZ said:
HOW DID THIS THREAD GO FROM KANYE TO EMINEM???

Doesn't every thread?

[Edit]
Back on subject, you guys are making me want to hear this album. But then I would have to turn on the radio or sign up for television service. I'm sure eventually I'll find someone with the album that will let me listen. Then I'll give my input, but by then it will probably be a dead topic. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.