Timbaland steals from Finnish artist?

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
lol timbaland is a great producer whether people care to admit it or not....

you can name other people you think more original but there is a difference from being original and not popular, and being original and actually selling records ! timbo is actually selling records !
he replayed the synth stuff on a sid-station its basically a sound module that uses a commodore 64 iirc as to make its sounds so you get all those grainy synth sounds, the melody is exactly the same tho ! but like has already been said people on here jack other peoples stuff all the time without credit ! i still think timbo should have given the guy credit and paid him being in the position tim is in he can at least afford to do this but people are acting like this is worse the iraq war or some shit, this stuff happens a lot ! lets not forget the guy is still a great producer ! also if you havent heard the original track he got the melody from you should coz thats a good track too !
you can not like his music but to just deny he is a great producer is ignorant !

prose1

ill o.g.
Biting is alive and well

Biting is alive and well. Hey remeber when micheal jacksons neighbor claimed that micheal overheard his composition and stole it. Anyway this just goes to prove that any one of us can make it big man. Dude should get his money but then again theres nothing new under the sun everything is just played out and then brought back again. We all owe James Brown some money.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
lol D you sre sooo right when Tim and Magoo hit the scene heads did double takes...
I know I have always liked and respected the cat and you know when its him because he has that weird sound that defines him...
I still get all my latest and favoritists trax and artists off the underground internet tho...

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
hahaha the funny thing is if someone doesnt share your opinion, all of a sudden he is hatin,,,
but wouldnt that make yall dickridin? think about it.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
hahaha the funny thing is if someone doesnt share your opinion, all of a sudden he is hatin,,,
but wouldnt that make yall dickridin? think about it.

I dont understand why this shyt doesnt stay un bais in the first place....instead of just sayin producer A was wrong/write for doing whatever,it all of a sudden becomes "Yeah producer A sucks anyway blah blah blah" then fans of producer A feel like they have to defend him...

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
hating is not saying u dislike someone or something .. hating is actually taking time from your schedule just to bash someone elses work/livelyhood even tho it serves no constructive purpose to u or anyone else for that matter... and yes this site is FULL of haters .. im not even talking about anyone in particular or this thread inparticular just in general this site has more hate than hitler. Searching through the threads i find more hate then helpful info and thats not cool.... the lesson learned here should be to register and clear your work properly when dealing with major labels.... not "timbo is wack and unoriginal and this is further proof of his wackness because he didn't clear the sample" maybe im a dickrider then .. i see his success and i would like to be in that position where the biggest artists in the world in practically evry genre are tryin to work with me for a quarter million a pop yet i still stay true to my creative nature... ohh naw i think id rather be in moms basement making beats that my 5 best friends say are awesome...

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
I dont understand why this shyt doesnt stay un bais in the first place....instead of just sayin producer A was wrong/write for doing whatever,it all of a sudden becomes "Yeah producer A sucks anyway blah blah blah" then fans of producer A feel like they have to defend him...

You know i was thinking the exact thing, kinda funny how the thread mutated.

All i wanted was for us to discuss why an established artist would do something like this, and the possible reasons behind it, but maybe i wasn't clear in that part, so my bad to all.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
^An established artist would do this because they liked the groove of the original and wanted to get paid(not in an evil plotting way).It was prolly up to the label to clear it...

ohh naw i think id rather be in moms basement making beats that my 5 best friends say are awesome...

^ LMAO

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
You know i was thinking the exact thing, kinda funny how the thread mutated.

All i wanted was for us to discuss why an established artist would do something like this, and the possible reasons behind it, but maybe i wasn't clear in that part, so my bad to all.

Assuming the sample wasn't cleared on purpose, then its because they can get away with it. people seem to be missing what the whole issue is, questioning the guys production talent and originality, over him not clearing a sample??? I fail to see the connection in this case.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Word Is Bond

I don't get it,,,,Wings drops these jewel threads on here,,,important and helpful articles we all can learn from and it gets 4 or 5 responses. Somebody mentions Timbaland jacks someone else's shit and in a few days it's 4 pages long.......

One Love Stress, Keep up the excellent work & Holla @ Ya Boy!
I'm always down to help each and every member, 24/7, with any problem :clap:

Peace,
Wings

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
I don't get it,,,,Wings drops these jewel threads on here,,,important and helpful articles we all can learn from and it gets 4 or 5 responses. Somebody mentions Timbaland jacks someone else's shit and in a few days it's 4 pages long.......

Well theres really not much to say when Stephen Hawking tells you the secrets of the Universe either, just Step Back rub your chin and go "HHMMMMmmmm" and contemplate.

But when Jerry Spinger comes on...Everybody likes to yell at the controversey...
Im thinkin this thread is Jerry like...No diss its just controversey so people love to sound off..Itll get old in a sec..

Now over to those new Ableton posts :D

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.

Actually didnt fade tell everyone to stop leaving two pages worth of props for Wing's post

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221

I hadn't picked up on that, but maybe because it should be a matter of quality over quantity.

But when Jerry Spinger comes on...Everybody likes to yell at the controversey...
Im thinkin this thread is Jerry like...No diss its just controversey so people love to sound off..Itll get old in a sec..

Yep, definately.

kojo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hating is not saying u dislike someone or something .. hating is actually taking time from your schedule just to bash someone elses work/livelyhood even tho it serves no constructive purpose to u or anyone else for that matter... and yes this site is FULL of haters .. im not even talking about anyone in particular or this thread inparticular just in general this site has more hate than hitler. Searching through the threads i find more hate then helpful info and thats not cool.... the lesson learned here should be to register and clear your work properly when dealing with major labels.... not "timbo is wack and unoriginal and this is further proof of his wackness because he didn't clear the sample" maybe im a dickrider then .. i see his success and i would like to be in that position where the biggest artists in the world in practically evry genre are tryin to work with me for a quarter million a pop yet i still stay true to my creative nature... ohh naw i think id rather be in moms basement making beats that my 5 best friends say are awesome...

man, u stay typing whats on my mind lol.