Wacka Flocka Concert Ends With Shooting

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
However, don't blame him for "the destruction" PEOPLE ARE BUYING HIS SHIT! BLAME THEM! If people stop buying that shit, then the game would change...
But it won't happen....

The blame lies on both him and the people, moreso him (imo) because he's suppling it but that doesn't let us off the hook for buying it either. The question is how do we change it? How do we get in this stupid mofo's head that what he's doing is hurting our communities and the game? Ofcourse the easy way out is not buying his ish but like you said, that won't happen. I think the answer is in educating our communities on the destruction that this brings. We as a genre have to raise the bar on what we listen to and what we put out there. We all know that the powers of the industry control what we hear and its obvious that they don't give a f@#$ what the consequences are. This ish is just like a virus that has infected the very root of communities, speading and spreading.

Queenofex said:
I'm pretty burned out with arguing the point about the impact hip-hop has on these communites but i'm more interested in the way it can be a possible turn around and start building it back up. It want be easy because hip-hop lost it's innocence along time ago when it became corporate.

Don't burn out, anything that destroys our community is worth every effort that you can put into saving it. Focusing on the more positive stuff is a great starting point but don't stop fighting. The game needs people with your mentality. Somehow we have got to get in our youths heads and teach them that this is wrong. We need our so called "legends" to step it up and be positive role models instead of turning their backs. We need teachers and mentors to step it up, if we can save one youth at a time we'll be going in the right direction. Im a mentor in the Big Brothers - Big Sisters Program and I'm showing my youths what the problem is. Hang in their Queen, keep yoour fist clinched for what you believe in and know is right.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
so put it under the categorie of POP. Cause rap usually has some sort of rapping in it.
and we'll see how long this retard lasts. Cause he can NEVER do a track with any kind of emcee...cause he will get MURDERED! Shit....I may not get much paper...off hip hop (yet), but I know for a fact that I could hold my own with anybody on any track because I take this craft seriously. I'm not just here for a check.
Once again....FUCK WACKA FLACKA FLAMER.....talentless scumbag that continues the destruction of an art form. Can't co-sign anybody who disrespects hip hop like that.

He doesn't proclaim to get the gate keeper of hip hop. That's the same attitude Meth got but once he thought about how he was just hating on dude because he's successful and getting money he changed that tune. He gave Meth, Wu Tang and many the highest respect. He acknowleged that he can't rhyme like they did in there hay day but he listened to them and even looked up to them. Dude is not putting a gun in anyones hand and making them pull the trigger. If you're ignorant you're ignorant....can't blame that on his music. If there was never another rap song drop'd or play'd mf's would still be doing stupid shit.....it is what it is. I blame it more on the drug culture that's out there now than his type of music. Mf's are doing shit that doesn't even have a name these days...k2...wtf is that...suppose to be 10x stronger than weed!

I'm not backing dudes music...I can only stomach one his songs "oh let's do it", put that shit on in any club ANYWHERE...even NY and the people go nutz. It's a hit....plain and simple! And once again he did speak the truth. Some just can't handle the truth.....

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Why do cats like Meth have a "heyday"? They still puttin out good music. Great lyrics and all dat. It just doesn't get the proper burn cause it aint on that stupid shit. And I agree wit LDB wit the drug culture. That in itself is way too closely associated wit Hip Hop. remember when we were getting away from that in the mid to late 90's....it never left. God forbid some listens to something intelligent. U may get ya hood pass revoked.

I'll just sit here and wait on the new Reflection Eternal album.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Blame him Dac? Why? He knows that shit would get him paid....isn't that why you go mainstream?

Ok Sucio, here's your Dilemma:

"This Wacka guy called the office and wants to work with you, he wants one of those really laffy taffy type tracks done for his next album, which will get a lot of radio/club play. Real simple shit, get a placement and we'll land about 30k. Oh yeah....Sadat X called too and wants one of your hood joints, may not get much play anywhere, especially outside of NYC. Would land you about 5k if you get a placement, only problem Sucio, is that you could only do one or the other"

Sucio's response: "Get that Wacka nikka on the phone"

You can replace my name and my craft with any rapper and replace the laffy taffy beat with soulja boy lyrics and gutta beats with conscious lyrics...

Yes morally I would go with the Sadat X.......But morality doesn't pay these days...those days are long gone......

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
@Sucio the blame goes BOTH ways and I really do understand your reasoning. Dude is getting paid at the expense of his followers. Its all about principles and morals...If 8 kids got shot after your show, would that be worth the money? It may very well be but what that says about you is that you dont give a f@#$ about the people that put the money in your pocket. People are ignorant! But that doesnt justify taking their money...that isn't morally right by any standards. This dude will NEVER be a legend (unless he seriously changes his game). Isn't that the idea though? To be in it for as long as you can or have we reduced our standards to be in it to just get a quick pay day? Thats called a sellout!

You made a good point with the Wacka/SadatX scenario, but once again...its principles and morals. At the current rate Wacka wont be around for very long. So let me ask you, 30k for a one time deal with Wacka or a 5k deal with SadatX per song for a lifetime? Once again you can only pick one.

If you cosign with what this dude is doing then so be it. If you know that what he's doing is wrong then you have to use better judgement even when it comes to getting paid. One of those kids shot after his show could have easily been one of our loved ones. 8 kids paid money to end up with bullet wounds (or dead) for the rest of their life.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
How many times do u have to hear that two rival gangs shot each other up...i swear I don't see where that has anything to do with flacka. That shit would have jumped off at a local park if both the crews where there. U would think Emcee's in NY were squeaky clean and nothing ever went down at there shows....NOT! If people want to get at each other they're going to do it......it could be at a Church rivival!

Also...u would think the game changed over night. It didn't.... a lot of these true hip hop artist took long breaks and tried to make a come back like the game was going to wait on them. Sadat X was part of a crew that couldn't stay together. Wu Tang couldn't stay together. Hell, there's already another thread talking about 9th and them. Flacka ain't got shit to do with them dudes falling out.

What am I saying? I'm saying it's up to the individual......and usually even with your immortal hip hop Emcee's "money is usually the root" to there evil!

This shit goes DEEP......something is wrong with people of color and how they view each other. It's like we're breed to envy the next man. Not to turn this thing racial but everybody and they mama knows hip hop was originally a "black thang". We always either fuck something up or let those in who wish to take it from us. Somebody threw hip hop a lot of money and made it "commercial" way before dudes like flacka where even born! Actually NOBODY from the current gen had shit to do with that!

P.S. We're talking about people who come from the bottom...the poorest of the poor. HOW IN THE HELL CAN U EVER THINK THE LESS FORTUNATE WOULD GIVE UP THE MONEY ASPECT OF IT ALL FOR ANY CONCIOUS REASON WHAT SO EVER? Now that's a world wide fighting for survival issue right there. When it comes to feeding myself, the fam, paying bills and having a roof over my head...I'M DOING WHAT EVER I GOTTA DO YA DIG...

Say what u will but MOST would do the same......GET YA MONEY FLACKA. I personal don't wish nothing bad on the dude. I don't buy his shit...I won't go to his shows but I wish dude health and properity like everyone else. It's hard out here....

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
You gotta point if you accept things for the way they are or you just approach it with the point of view thats theres no hope, but if you can see past the BS you would realize that its not a personal thing towards Wacka, its the end result. Yeah ish can jump off in all the places you named but is just accepting it the answer? I guess I should be glad that our slave relatives didn't share the same views. I don't knock anyone for their beliefs, I knock those that accept wrong and justify it by putting a "it is what it is" label on it, everything can change, we have that power, whether it does or not is solely up to us, not statistics, not acceptance or denial. Some of us will die for what we believe in, some of us will say my name is "Toby".

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
I feel u...but guess what....there's NOTHING about a belief in hip hop's good or bad that's worth dying for! Like I said...if they outlawed hip hop 2morrow dumb shit would still happen at every tic of the clock. Only God and family is worth my life

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I feel u...but guess what....there's NOTHING about a belief in hip hop's good or bad that's worth dying for! Like I said...if they outlawed hip hop 2morrow dumb shit would still happen at every tic of the clock. Only God and family is worth my life

Aaaaaaand if I had room I would make it my sigline....

Queenofex

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Don't burn out, anything that destroys our community is worth every effort that you can put into saving it. Focusing on the more positive stuff is a great starting point but don't stop fighting. The game needs people with your mentality. Somehow we have got to get in our youths heads and teach them that this is wrong. We need our so called "legends" to step it up and be positive role models instead of turning their backs. We need teachers and mentors to step it up, if we can save one youth at a time we'll be going in the right direction. Im a mentor in the Big Brothers - Big Sisters Program and I'm showing my youths what the problem is. Hang in their Queen, keep yoour fist clinched for what you believe in and know is right.

Yea man thats peace.

I'm a warrior for the game I can honestly say but it takes a lot of energy.. For sure!
I'm def into reaching out to the youth I do that all the time but some don't want to listen because I'm not their favorite singer/rapper. (I'm not a rhianna or Nicki minaj my lean is different) But I stay open for them and let em know that I'm here.

Side note: I don't say bestie or have young ladies calling themselves barbie! Yo thats fucking plastic!!!!! but really who is trying to listen?.....gotta find a way man...

And the biggest problem is SOME BELEIVE that their is no problem, some say their is no need for change, some don't really give two fucks about the game period they like to dance! How can you build with people who think that right now is ok. It's pretty hard to because I've been there and everything I was saying was like a foreign language to these dudes man.

But at end of the day I feel at peace knowing that that I stood my ground for what I stand for.....Even if things don't change.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
@ Queen, I definately feel you, its really hard to teach those that don't want to be taught. I tell my daughter that ALL of the time. I also tell her - You have got to leave room in that brain of yours for more knowledge. What I do find very effective is pictures and newpaper articles. There also are some really good videos out there that will touch them much deeper than me preaching to them. My kids come from mostly religious families and i'll show them things out of the bible like.. everyone that approached Jesus to be healed or forgivened asked to be healed or forgivened - meaning that they "wanted" that from him and in return he told them to go and sin no more. My point to reaching them (in my case) was finding that one thing that will touch them in the heart.

Anyway, props to you my ILLsister for hangin in there, the real prize is after 10 or 15 years go by and one of those kids come to you as a young adult, thanking you for touching their lives and being such a positive role model to them. They'll tell you stories of situations that they escaped from just from remembering something you said. Thats an amazing feeling. Much respect sis.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Definitely agree with what is going on....

I hate the state of mainstream hip-hop, not because I'm not feeling the music......

It's become the exploitation of ignorance...and I've always said that....the artists appear less and less educated....

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Watch the interviews, especially the one he did about lyrics and the other responding to Method Man. He didn't say it in a way that "he doesn't need lyrics" he was stating that lyricists aren't getting big show money and mainstream fans aren't really checking for it. These are facts whether or not we agree with it or not.
Waka Flacka is from NYC and his first hip hop influences were early 90s East Coast hip hop.

In his "beef" with Method Man, he went on record as saying he couldn't diss a legend like Meth because it would be like dissing himself.

I can't fault Flocka for being popular. All he's doing is bringing back Crunk Music. If half of the MCs who were big in the 80s - 90s would get focused and try to bring back Boom Bap, this wouldn't be an issue.

The destruction of hip hop is much deeper and more calculated than the average fan realizes.
Things are happening on a level waaaay higher than Waka Flocka Flames.

Queenofex

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I can't fault Flocka for being popular. All he's doing is bringing back Crunk Music. If half of the MCs who were big in the 80s - 90s would get focused and try to bring back Boom Bap, this wouldn't be an issue.

The destruction of hip hop is much deeper and more calculated than the average fan realizes.
Things are happening on a level waaaay higher than Waka Flocka Flames.

essaywhuman? Bringing back crunk music? When did it leave? The south trap/crunk music has been live for atleast the last 10years. I've enjoyed some and despised a lot of it....

care to elaborate more on your last statement?