Warzone Beat Battle - April 29-30, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next battle will be from April 29-30th! See the information below.

*NOTE: From now on you only have to submit ONE beat!

Signups

The signups will be on April 29th at 12pm ET, and end around 8pm ET, or until we reach 16 contestants (whichever comes first).
Voting will be for 1 day, on April 30th at 12pm ET, where the results will be posted the same day.

Check out the Warzone ranks: https://www.illmuzik.com/beat-battles/?cat=war

*Note: check out https://www.worldtimebuddy.com to find out the correct time difference for your timezone.

The upload page will close at 8pm ET!

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: NONE
Time Limit: 2 minutes
*Vocal Track Allowed?: YES
**Vocal Snippets Allowed?: YES

===========
* VOCAL TRACK ALLOWED? This means you can have a full vocal track with your beat (acapella, for example).
** VOCAL SNIPPETS ALLOWED? This means you can have vocal snippets in your beat (very short vocal parts, for example). This is where you can also have an intro with talking (like from a movie).
===========

Rounds

*All times are in Eastern Time.
  • Round 1: 12pm - 1:30pm
  • Round 2: 1:45pm - 2:45pm
  • Round 3: 3pm - 3:45pm
  • Round 4: 4pm - 4:45pm
  • Results: 5pm

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

Voting Criteria

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

warzone_flyer2022042930.jpg

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Battle Points: 34
True dat. But will it get enough votes compared to that same beat with vocals? That's what I'm worried about.
Personally it’s an added level of work and creativity and of course… mixing. So yeah. I take that into consideration when voting for sure. It’d have to be far and away the best for a Beat This…. However for warzone, I think it has better odds being just a beat.

StoneLockProd

New to the site
So finding acapellas is fucking impossible. Seems 95% of the few that exist in nature are 85-95 BPM…. Might have to find a new beat to use. Not enough time prolly to write and record my own.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Yeah but you don't HAVE to have vocals. You can just submit a regular beat.
That's the challenge! It's happened before in the Beat This where the winner was just a beat.

If a theme has vocals YES I'll generally dismiss non vocal tracks. 'Cause I feel like come on producer, show us what you can do. It's a different game.

It's all well and good just making sounds, but marching vocals to a beat, mixing, and other factors, really bring an added dimenion to things.

My only exceptions to this will be if all the vocalled tracks really are just that bad that it's a travesty. Or if one beat was like the absolute best thing I've ever heard.

I feel like given th3 option to use vocals, a producer should take it. I feel not doing so seems like a fear or inability to do so, to an extent.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
If a theme has vocals YES I'll generally dismiss non vocal tracks. 'Cause I feel like come on producer, show us what you can do. It's a different game.
This is what I was worried about.
The "vocals allowed" part in fact being "vocals mandatory" - in order to win that is.

My problem is just the fact that I've only ever mixed vocals a few times. think this will be my 5th remix ever maybe 6th not sure. Still has a lot to learn. Especially with compression I struggle.
The fitting it to the beat part And all that I actually enjoy. It's a nice challenge.
But honestly mixing in general was never really my thing. I always get bored after 30 minutes. I can do mastering and also enjoy it to some extend. But mixing usually just gets on my nerves and triggers my ADHD. Especially when you have 20 or even 30+ mixer tracks and each track has 5-10 plugins.
Just thinking about it makes me cringe lol.
Used to have a mate where I would send him the stems and he would do my mixing and then I'd do his mastering. That was a nice arrangement, but it also kinda led to me not ever having to learn how to do mixing properly.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@Vossi Beats If I were you I wouldn't worry about it. Do what you do best, what your strengths are. If you're not comfortable with vocals then don't use it. I've voted for plenty of beats over beats with vocals. We're still voting for the best BEAT. If it has vocals on it and the vocals sound dope, that's a bonus.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
This is what I was worried about.
The "vocals allowed" part in fact being "vocals mandatory" - in order to win that is.

My problem is just the fact that I've only ever mixed vocals a few times. think this will be my 5th remix ever maybe 6th not sure. Still has a lot to learn. Especially with compression I struggle.
The fitting it to the beat part And all that I actually enjoy. It's a nice challenge.
But honestly mixing in general was never really my thing. I always get bored after 30 minutes. I can do mastering and also enjoy it to some extend. But mixing usually just gets on my nerves and triggers my ADHD. Especially when you have 20 or even 30+ mixer tracks and each track has 5-10 plugins.
Just thinking about it makes me cringe lol.
Used to have a mate where I would send him the stems and he would do my mixing and then I'd do his mastering. That was a nice arrangement, but it also kinda led to me not ever having to learn how to do mixing properly.
Feel you bro, hat3 mixing my own stuff. Enjoy mixing others usually.
Try and turn it into a fun thing, like "ou lemme see what i can do to my drums.

As for acapellas, you probably don't really need to compress th3m or such.

I just give some low cut and balance them.

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Yeah. Problem is the acapellas were mixed for a completely different track so you can quickly ruin the vocal trying to change it for your mix. But generally compression and that sort of thing are already done. No sense in compressing a mixed down vocal.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
Feel you bro, hat3 mixing my own stuff. Enjoy mixing others usually.
Try and turn it into a fun thing, like "ou lemme see what i can do to my drums.

As for acapellas, you probably don't really need to compress th3m or such.

I just give some low cut and balance them.
Yeah funny how it sometimes works that doing stuff for others can make somthing more interesting even tho it's the exact same thing only difference is you doing it for someone else and not yourself
The "ou lemme see ... to my drums" part is alright, i like mixing drums. but then you have to fit everything else in there as well and that's when i usually start losing my patience.

Problem with the acapellas is that 90% of them are not the original studio recording and then you are stuck with something that requires a lot of skill to turn a bad quality into a good quality. This is where the sound engineer's skill comes into play. and I am for one no sound engineer lol.
I'm just a dude with a bad temper and low patience who enjoy making beats and writing shitty comments on the internet
Created a Pro account. We’ll see how it goes and I’ll just download as many as I can this month and cancel. Problem is there’s so few that people will be using the same ones.
Yeah scarsity will always be an issue when the studios no longer release the acapella with the single like they used to do back in the day, or at least like they sometimes did. Those were the days :cautious:

Status
Not open for further replies.