Warzone Beat Battle - April 29-30, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
This is all a part of what I would refer to as lining it up. What ever you gotta do you do to make it sound right.
Chop, stretch, pull, rearrange, what ever. And that's the part about it I like the most. Then comes the mixing part and that's what I really don't like.
It's like now the fun part is over and now the work/grind part starts.

I dunno often messing with the vocal like that can sound a bit unnatural, would also take really long and tedious to do.

Mixing the vocal is easy. Just sit it *just* above everything else.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
I dunno often messing with the vocal like that can sound a bit unnatural, would also take really long and tedious to do.

Mixing the vocal is easy. Just sit it *just* above everything else.
Not talking about messing with it like that, but I often leave out maybe the chorus or hook, or chop it up and have one verse come before the other, that way I mean rearrange the order, not mess with individual verses or lines. Or taking one verse from a song and then combine it with a verse from another song/artist and then put it all together with hook/chorus from a third. This is the fun part to me, and also where your creativity really gets to shine and you can experiment with combining artists that others wouldn't have thought about.

Not always mixing the vocals is just about sitting it above everything else. Often need a bit of work as well and some plugins to make it sound right and match the track you will use it for.

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Battle Points: 34
I have this problem more with original recorded vocals as opposed to acapellas. Still not figured out what the issue is.
I've been quite disappointed in the quality of vocal mixes for these acapellas i'm finding.. like.. damn. Did y'all really just put this trash mix out there? But that's the thing about it, people aren't that critical of mixing particularly in hip hop. Maybe now days that everyone can get pretty good mixes in their bedrooms where as before.. dudes were really throwing together some poorly recorded shit. Even those who made it into a "legit" studio. I listen to a lot of golden age stuff and feel better about my mixing. lol.

Anyways, yeah, the acapellas sometimes are barely usable.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
I've been quite disappointed in the quality of vocal mixes
Anyways, yeah, the acapellas sometimes are barely usable.

nbc yes GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
nah it's clearly a technical, sonic, audio issue with a cause and/or solution.
The issue is that the internet is flowing with low quality acapellas and the ones in studio quality is either the wrong genre or everyone else has fucked with them before
That or you have to pay for them and I'm not going to spend my money on stuff that's not weed or alcohol related

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
The issue is that the internet is flowing with low quality acapellas and the ones in studio quality is either the wrong genre or everyone else has fucked with them before
That or you have to pay for them and I'm not going to spend my money on stuff that's not weed or alcohol related
Yeah, but that's just how it is. It sucks.

Wish acapellas were more accessible. But is what it is. More reason to grow and get to making some proper records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online